Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello.

My question is roughly the same that this one, from 2015 :
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/yanfly-item-core-questions.47093/

Yanfly's Item Core plugin is really cool for showing equipments characteristics. And when changing our base parameters, what's show with Item Core is updated. It's really intuitive and effective.

But that's not really the same for other items. I'd like to have better control on what is shown here, and not having "Max HP Heal, "Max MP Heal", and these other characteristics, for all my items.

As a quick exemple, I have a "throwable item" that deals damage. I don't need any of the 8 characteristics shown for this. But it would be cool to show the amount on damage it deals here. (Currently, I use the custom text possibility on the bottom-right window. But visually, it's not as much great.)

I'd like to, either :

- Hiding completely these 8 characteristics.
- Being able to choose what are the characteristics shown. (And for this, I don't mind if I need to use notetags on each items.)

On the other topic dating from 2015, Yanfly answered that wasn't possible "currently". I searched if it changed since then, but wasn't able to find something. Did I miss it ? Or is it still impossible ?

Thanks for reading !

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the problem is the way how computers work. The computer can't read your mind or detect any complex situation automatically, it can only check for numbers.
And that means in case of such a screen the computer would have to be given very specific rules under which circumstances to show what lines and what not.

The first problem is that to be effective the rules would have to be set by the game developer (who knows his item list) - which is something most users can't do for lack of programming knowledge.
The second problem is that those rules even if they exist would have to be processed, and that could strain the computer into lagging depending on details. And no one would want to wait half a minute to show an item list.

so no, to my knowledge the situation hasn't improved enough yet. And that improvement would basically be conditional on someone having a bright idea on how to change the data structure for easier handling, something that can't be commanded or automated.

AmazingKazuki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I agree with Andar. Even Yanfly says in the linked thread that there isn't a way to remove those. You could look for another item-related script, maybe one is out there that you may find it more reasonable to suit what you want. You'll have to plug and play around to make sure it is compatible with any and all other scripts/plugins.

Doryl

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was expecting it would be difficult and complex to change that, as you said...

But I was also hoping for the possiblity of emptying that window completely, and only using the <Info Text Top> or <Info Text Bottom> notetags from Yanfly's Item Core, to display custom information on the other window. Sadly, it doesn't seem possible either.

So, I'll search if other plugins can be closer to what I'd like. If you have suggestions, I glady take them. (^_^)

Thanks for your answers. Have a great day ! o/

Doryl

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With my small knowledge in Javascript (Too low to write my own plugin, but high enough to understand most of what I read), I think I found a way to adjust Yanfly Item Core to what I'd like.

Here it is :

Sans titre 1.jpg

With just that one line put as commentary, I prevent the game to show characteristics of items and key items, while still allowing charasteristics of weapons and equipments to be shown.

That modification is obviously not optimal, because it only prevent the "draw". But with my knowledge, that's the most I can do. (I also rewritten the function on another file, to keep Yanfly's file perfeclty untouched.)

Can someone just confirm me that this small modification should not have any major impacts or create bugs later...?

AmazingKazuki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Have you run a demo of your game and gone into the item menu to test this? If it seems all good, you might be in the clear. You'll know more when you playtest into your game for a while.

Doryl

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, I tested it, and it seems good !
I haven't progressed that much on my project since that modification, but for now, no sign of an undesired problem. (^_^)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Made Custom ENEMY Information Screen
I'm having such a hard time thinking of an interesting battle system. and not being a coder, certain things I wanna do seem a lot harder lol.
Created a character outline with some code. I have no use for this. I'm....bored.....
Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmbor