Question about Yanfly's Battle Core plugin for MV

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by ddblue, Dec 2, 2018.

1. ddblue

ddblue 新人 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello everyone,

For a few weeks now I have tried various things to recreate the following battle system in MV:

I have trying to use Yanfly Battle Core to make this happen.

By default, no party member sprites are displayed when using a front view system.
    However, when using Yanfly's Battle Core plugin, by setting "Front Actor Sprite" to TRUE
    under "Front View" in the plugin's settings, I can display the sprites on-screen.

The problem is, they don't move.
    Action sequences also stop working.

I wasn't looking for anything fancy.
    Just wanted a way to make a party member to step forward when it's their turn, step back when it's done.

Kind of like in this video:

Since my questioning up to this point has led me to Yanfly's Battle Core,
    I thought I'd ask here for more detailed information on how I might achieve what I am trying to achieve.

Thank you for your time.

2. Isabella Ava

Isabella Ava Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You must use Side view battle system for actor to move, with side view battle system, you can modify battler's sprite & also their position to achieve what you want. Also you must modify all move's command in Action Sequence. So ... you need to have certain knowledge of coding. I think you should stick to Side view & Yanfly Battle Engine because it's the top battle engine out there. By twitching here & there you can get awesome results.
    This is my result of editing Yanfly Battle Engine (you can give my game a try if you want, my signature picture lead to download link)

ddblue likes this.
  3. ddblue

ddblue 新人 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for your reply.

I had a feeling I would have to use side-view to create a "fake" front-view of sorts, but I ran into several issues.

For example, even if I change the starting position of the characters in the battle, they still take a step to the left when it's their turn instead of upward, and I don't see a setting to change that. Also, when there is more than one party member, things don't look the way they should.

I was kinda hoping there were some lines of code or something I could modify to fix this, but I not being a coder I have no idea where to even look.