Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Good morning everybody,

Hope you are all well.

As the title already says this is a question about the Lunatic Mode Java script functions that are offered in Yanfly's Row Formation Plugin.

What I am looking to achieve is: to check if all alive members of a row are affected by a certain state and if so remove a different state in the row behind.

Looking through the plugin help file I would imagine that this is the function that I would need
$gameParty.rowAliveMembers(x)
$gameTroop.rowAliveMembers(x)
This will return each alive member of the group in row x.

Sadly my JavaScript knowledge is limited so I could never figure out how to implement these functions...

Please excuse my noobish scribbling but something like this:

If (all alive members of row 1) are state affected ("disabled"){
remove state("protected") of (all members in row 2)
}
else
{
add state (protected) to (all members in row 2)
}

I guess this is probably more complex than I imagine so thank you in advance to everybody who is taking their time! Any tips will be very appreciated.

Have a lovely day!

Cheers

Johnny_Ray

Also known as Toby Yasha
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So i found this function inside the plugin, i'm also using it and made some modifications to add 3 extra rows and i remembered that i've stumbled upon it while i was editing.

Game_BattlerBase.prototype.isStateAffected = function(stateId) {
if (this.isRowStateAffected(stateId)) return true;
return Yanfly.Row.Game_BattlerBase_isStateAffected.call(this, stateId);
};

So if i'm probably correct, the solution would look like this:

JavaScript:
// Here is the first version,it checks each individual team for the Disabled State
if ($gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1).isRowStateAffected(DisabledId)) {
$gameParty.rowAliveMembers(2).removeState(ProtectId);
} else {
$gameParty.rowAliveMembers(2).addState(ProtectId);
}

if ($gameTroop.rowAliveMembers(1).isRowStateAffected(DisabledId)) {
$gameTroop.rowAliveMembers(2).removeState(ProtectId);
} else {
$gameTroop.rowAliveMembers(2).addState(ProtectId);
}

// Here is something in case you need to check if there's alive targets, otherwise use above
if ($gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1) >= 1 && $gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1).isRowStateAffected(DisabledId)) {
} else {
}

if ($gameTroop.rowAliveMembers(1) >= 1 && $gameTroop.rowAliveMembers(1).isRowStateAffected(DisabledId)) {
} else {
}

// This checks if both teams have row 1 affected by Disabled State, if one team is not affected it will do the "else"
if ($gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1).isRowStateAffected(DisabledId) && $gameTroop.rowAliveMembers(1).isRowStateAffected(DisabledId)) {
} else {
}

fugahagen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
nvm he got it

Klammsi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So i found this function inside the plugin, i'm also using it and made some modifications to add 3 extra rows and i remembered that i've stumbled upon it while i was editing.

};

JavaScript:
// Here is the first version,it checks each individual team for the Disabled State
} else {
}

} else {
}

// Here is something in case you need to check if there's alive targets, otherwise use above
if ($gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1) >= 1 && $gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1).isRowStateAffected(DisabledId)) {
} else {
}

if ($gameTroop.rowAliveMembers(1) >= 1 && $gameTroop.rowAliveMembers(1).isRowStateAffected(DisabledId)) {
} else {
}

// This checks if both teams have row 1 affected by Disabled State, if one team is not affected it will do the "else"
if ($gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1).isRowStateAffected(DisabledId) && $gameTroop.rowAliveMembers(1).isRowStateAffected(DisabledId)) {
} else {
}

};

JavaScript:
} else {
}

} else {
}

} else {
}

} else {
}

} else {
}
Hey Johnny_Ray,

Wow thank you so much for this. I have tested Version 1 and 2 but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working just yet...

I just want to make sure that I am implementing it correctly.

So in a Troop event with the span set to "Turn" and the condition set to "Turn End" I run a common event that runs the script calls...
So this should run the common event at the end of every turn..
This however doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

Have I made a mistake?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unless I'm mistaken, there seems to be a typo in the plugin code. On line 1472, inside the remove state function, it says if the row has this state, return; else, remove the state. It seems to me that should say if the row doesn't have the state, don't bother trying to remove it.

Try putting an exclamation mark on that line, so it starts if (!this.isRowStateAffected

Klammsi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Unless I'm mistaken, there seems to be a typo in the plugin code. On line 1472, inside the remove state function, it says if the row has this state, return; else, remove the state. It seems to me that should say if the row doesn't have the state, don't bother trying to remove it.

Try putting an exclamation mark on that line, so it starts if (!this.isRowStateAffected
Hey mate,

Apologies for the late reply but I had to go off to work...

Sorry but I am a little confused now, how would I construct this "if" statement now?

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'll have to be more specific. I gave you the specific line in the plugin, I explained with words the one character that you'd change, and I typed out how the line will look different.

Which part of that don't you understand?

Klammsi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You'll have to be more specific. I gave you the specific line in the plugin, I explained with words the one character that you'd change, and I typed out how the line will look different.

Which part of that don't you understand?
Hey ATT_Turan,

sorry I had a bit of a brain lag, I thought you meant to change the code provided above but I get it now. I will change the code in the plug-in and see if it will work afterwards.
Thx mate

Klammsi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys,

Firstly I want to say thank you to everyone that has already taken their time to look into this and replied to me, I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately it is still not working just yet and was hoping to pick your brains once more.

The way I went about it was:

I have created a common event that runs the code that was so kindly provided above by @Johnny_Ray

} else {
}

} else {
}

Than in a Troop Event which has a condition of "Turn 1*X" and a span of "Turn" I call the Common Event.

So from my understanding this should run the common event at the end of every turn until the battle is over. The script call checks if all alive members in row 1 are affected by the state "Disabled". If true, the state "Protected" is being removed from all members in row 2. If false the state "Protected" is added to all members in row 2

Like I said, unfortunately this is not working...

I have also tried @ATT_Turan suggestion of changing the code in line 1472 within the plugin itself but sadly that didn't work either.

I have than tried this out in a brand new project with only the necessary Yanfly plugins to make sure it wasn't due to comparability issues-unfortunately with no success.

Further studying the plugins help file I found this function:

State Notetags:

<Custom Row Condition>

if (user.hp / user.mhp <= 0.25) {

condition = true;

} else {

condition = false;

}

</Custom Row Condition>

The 'condition' variable determines if the condition is met or not. If the

condition is true, the condition is met and this state will be applied to

the battler as a row state. If the 'condition' variable is false, then the

row state will not be applied to the battler.

I believe this would be a better way than the common event as it would add or remove the "Protected" sate instantly as soon as the conditions are met and not only at the end of every turn, which would make the flow of the combat much smoother.

So I tried this which unfortunately din't work either...

<Custom Row Condition>
\\For this to work the way I would need it to, It would have to ask: are all alive members of row 1 NOT affected by State "Protected"
if ($gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1).isRowStateAffected(ProtectedID)) {

condition = true;

} else {

condition = false;

}

</Custom Row Condition>

I have now run out of ideas and options so if anybody could help me out I will love you forever!!!! :)

Thank you and sry for the long rant

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if ($gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1).isRowStateAffected(ProtectedID))
This will never do anything. isRowStateAffected() takes a number as an argument, not a random word like ProtectedID or ProtectID (you have two different things written in your various codes), nor DisabledId.

So unless you have code that you didn't show us where you created variables with those names and set them to the correct numbers, you need to put the actual IDs from your database for those states. For example, isRowStateAffected(31)

Klammsi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This will never do anything. isRowStateAffected() takes a number as an argument, not a random word like ProtectedID or ProtectID (you have two different things written in your various codes), nor DisabledId.

So unless you have code that you didn't show us where you created variables with those names and set them to the correct numbers, you need to put the actual IDs from your database for those states. For example, isRowStateAffected(31)
Hey ATT_Turan,

yeah I know that mate. The names were just for example purposes. All the states are set correctly to the corresponding numbers in the data base and yet it still didn’t work unfortunately...

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
<Custom Row Condition>
\\For this to work the way I would need it to, It would have to ask: are all alive members of row 1 NOT affected by State "Protected"
if ($gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1).isRowStateAffected(ProtectedID)) {

condition = true;

} else {

condition = false;

}

</Custom Row Condition>
You say it would have to ask if all alive members are not affected, but then you have it based off of whether anyone in the row has the state.

I also don't see how that would do what you want, as your entire thing from your first post is whether row 1 is entirely affected by Disabled, not just lacking Protected.

Then, I'm not sure how Johnny_Ray was looking at things, but the function does not appear to do what you want. isRowStateAffected() returns true if any of the actors in the row have the state, not exclusively if all of them do.

Finally...I'm looking at the code for the plugin, and I don't think rowAliveMembers().isRowStateAffected() is a valid call. isRowStateAffected is a member function of Game_BattlerBase, but rowAliveMembers returns an array of Game_Actor. Unless I misunderstand something about JavaScript class inheritance, that won't work.

So.

Go back to an event every turn in battle. Use this script:

Code:
for (var i=0; i<$gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1).length; i++)
{
    if (!$gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1)[i].isStateAffected(X))
    {
        $gameSwitches.setValue(Y, true);
        return;
    }
}

$gameSwitches.setValue(Y, false);
Replace X with the ID of your Disabled state, replace Y with the ID of an unused switch in your project.

Then, in your Protected state,
Code:
<Custom Row Condition>
condition=$gameSwitches.value(Y);
</Custom Row Condition>

Now, if that works as expected, it will only update at the beginning of every turn in combat...if you want it to be more dynamic, you have to get into Custom Apply and Custom Remove effects on Disabled, but test this for now.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Klammsi, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Klammsi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You say it would have to ask if all alive members are not affected, but then you have it based off of whether anyone in the row has the state.

I also don't see how that would do what you want, as your entire thing from your first post is whether row 1 is entirely affected by Disabled, not just lacking Protected.

Then, I'm not sure how Johnny_Ray was looking at things, but the function does not appear to do what you want. isRowStateAffected() returns true if any of the actors in the row have the state, not exclusively if all of them do.

Finally...I'm looking at the code for the plugin, and I don't think rowAliveMembers().isRowStateAffected() is a valid call. isRowStateAffected is a member function of Game_BattlerBase, but rowAliveMembers returns an array of Game_Actor. Unless I misunderstand something about JavaScript class inheritance, that won't work.

So.

Go back to an event every turn in battle. Use this script:

Code:
{
    if (!$gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1)[i].isStateAffected(X))
    {
        $gameSwitches.setValue(Y, true);
        return;
    }
}

$gameSwitches.setValue(Y, false);
Replace X with the ID of your Disabled state, replace Y with the ID of an unused switch in your project.

Then, in your Protected state,
Code:
<Custom Row Condition>
condition=$gameSwitches.value(Y);
</Custom Row Condition>

Now, if that works as expected, it will only update at the beginning of every turn in combat...if you want it to be more dynamic, you have to get into Custom Apply and Custom Remove effects on Disabled, but test this for now.
Hello ATT_Turan,

Once again thank you for this and your time.

I have tested it and when I run the script I seem to be getting this error unfortunately.

Attachments

• Picture.PNG
    Picture.PNG
    65.9 KB · Views: 3

Johnny_Ray

Also known as Toby Yasha
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello ATT_Turan,

Once again thank you for this and your time.

I have tested it and when I run the script I seem to be getting this error unfortunately.
Well, it says something about the "return" being illegal, try removing it.
And in any case this code would be run everytime on every turn,so maybe it's not needed?

Klammsi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
And in any case this code would be run everytime on every turn,so maybe it's not needed?
Hey Johnny_Ray,

I have removed the "return" which got rid of the error message however the code didn't seem to have any effect.

After some tinkering and testing I managed to come up with this for the script call in my common event:

{

if (!$gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1).isStateAffected(13)) \\13 is the state ID for "Disabled"

{

$gameSwitches.setValue(1, true);

}

else {

$gameSwitches.setValue(1, false);

}

}

And this for the the custom row condition for my "Protected" State

<Custom Row Condition>

if ($gameSwitches.value(1) == true) {

condition = true;

} else {

condition = false;

}

</Custom Row Condition>

So this seems to be working as as intended to however there is still 2 issues that I am trying to resolve.

* At the moment it affects both party and the troop at the same time. So for example if all the enemies in the front row are affected with the "Disabled" State enemies in the 2nd row will loose the State "Protected" as intended but the party will also loose the "Protected" state.... I would love that to be independent from each other. I guess I would have to do another "if" statement?

*And the second issue that I am facing is that once everybody in the front row is dead, the second row should essentially also loose the "Protected" sate but that doesn't seem to happen yet..

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Of course it's needed, otherwise it will finish the loop and set the variable to true. We just can't use return because...:
I have removed the "return" which got rid of the error message however the code didn't seem to have any effect.
Right.

I did make a mistake in the code, having it in my mind that it's a plugin function, not just put into your event.
After some tinkering and testing I managed to come up with this for the script call in my common event:

if (!$gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1).isStateAffected(13)) \\13 is the state ID for "Disabled"
This is incorrect syntax. I'm surprised you ever saw a change in your states.
And this for the the custom row condition for my "Protected" State

<Custom Row Condition>
if ($gameSwitches.value(1) == true) {
condition = true;
} else {
condition = false;
}
</Custom Row Condition>
This is unnecessarily complicated. "If this is true it's true, if it's false it's false" - just do what I did above and say "this is the same as that".
* At the moment it affects both party and the troop at the same time. So for example if all the enemies in the front row are affected with the "Disabled" State enemies in the 2nd row will loose the State "Protected" as intended but the party will also loose the "Protected" state.... I would love that to be independent from each other. I guess I would have to do another "if" statement?
Hm, I don't think it should...gameParty and gameTroop should be two separate things. See if you still have this problem after applying the fixes.
*And the second issue that I am facing is that once everybody in the front row is dead, the second row should essentially also loose the "Protected" sate but that doesn't seem to happen yet..
No, because you didn't say you wanted it before.

Here's a fixed script for you:
Code:
if ($gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1).length<1) // If there are no living actors in row 1, no Protected

else
{
    var healthy=false;
    for (var i=0; i<$gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1).length; i++) // See if everyone in row 1 is Disabled
    {
        if (!$gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1)[i].isStateAffected(13))
        {
            healthy=true; // He's not Disabled, so we can still have Protected
            break;
        }
    }

$gameSwitches.setValue(1, healthy);
}

Then, just like before,
Code:
<Custom Row Condition>
condition=$gameSwitches.value(1);
</Custom Row Condition>

See how that works for you. I'd also suggest, for your own edification, that you and @Johnny_Ray should look up some JavaScript tutorials - you can find both generic stuff online, and some that are geared specifically toward application in MV on the tutorials forum.

It's great that you want to customize your game more, and help each other, but you're both making some fundamental mistakes in your code suggestions. Studying up a bit will help you make that next step :smile:

Klammsi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Of course it's needed, otherwise it will finish the loop and set the variable to true. We just can't use return because...:

Right.

I did make a mistake in the code, having it in my mind that it's a plugin function, not just put into your event.

This is incorrect syntax. I'm surprised you ever saw a change in your states.

This is unnecessarily complicated. "If this is true it's true, if it's false it's false" - just do what I did above and say "this is the same as that".

Hm, I don't think it should...gameParty and gameTroop should be two separate things. See if you still have this problem after applying the fixes.

No, because you didn't say you wanted it before.

Here's a fixed script for you:
Code:
if ($gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1).length<1) // If there are no living actors in row 1, no Protected

else
{
    var healthy=false;
    for (var i=0; i<$gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1).length; i++) // See if everyone in row 1 is Disabled
    {
        if (!$gameParty.rowAliveMembers(1)[i].isStateAffected(13))
        {
            healthy=true; // He's not Disabled, so we can still have Protected
            break;
        }
    }

$gameSwitches.setValue(1, healthy);
}

Then, just like before,
Code:
<Custom Row Condition>
condition=$gameSwitches.value(1);
</Custom Row Condition>

See how that works for you. I'd also suggest, for your own edification, that you and @Johnny_Ray should look up some JavaScript tutorials - you can find both generic stuff online, and some that are geared specifically toward application in MV on the tutorials forum.

It's great that you want to customize your game more, and help each other, but you're both making some fundamental mistakes in your code suggestions. Studying up a bit will help you make that next step :smile:
Hello mate,

Yeah I couldn't agree more with you, I really want to learn more in order to be able to customize my project and make it different to just the generic stuff...

I can't tell you how much this has already helped me understanding things a bit clearer so thank you so much for that! I will definitely follow your advice and look up some JavaScript tutorials. I have already googled it a bit in the past but what I found seemed to be quite different from what is being used with RPG Maker MV.
Thank you again for the updated code, I have tested it but unfortunately got this error message...

Sorry I am an idiot, I dint realise that some of the script was cut off when I copied it over to the project... testing it again now!

Attachments

• Picture 2.PNG
    Picture 2.PNG
    75.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's @Trihan 's Jump Into JavaScript, which explains the structure and contents of MV's code. I haven't read through it, so I'm not sure how much of a beginner's JavaScript tutorial it is.

Then these pop up in an initial search:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I feel so dumb I forgot to set parameters and thought the plugin wasn't working
I can come up with all of the magic skills in the world, but I can hardly think of creative physical weapon skills within the JRPG realm. One of those ones....
It's time for episode 19 of our Make a Cliff Map in RPG Maker MZ... I mean, Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ! Today we're working on our cliff map again. Let's see if we can finish it this time!

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O-NegativeMess