Psiho_c

Hello

I like to play around with events, the thing is I don't know if I can do some stuff using events, maybe I did not realize that option x exist or how I need to do it for it to work. I really on events because at least I do understand them unless scrips were I don't understand anything. Well, I'm still using heavenly Yanfly's scrips ( thanks the goddess for them!! ) so stuff like just add to notes <"do this action"> or link to a topic that cover what I'm looking for are welcome too, but that is just and alternative. So, I only want to know I events can or not do:

1. Change an actors permanent (so no buffs) element rate without equipment or changing classes ( magic potion are ok) in game. - Almost done

2. Before/during battle active/de-active an actors auto-battle trait ( other than using states like berserk/rage) - Will use different actor

3. Before/during battle ban the use of item ( I know about item bank scrip or using control label for each item separately but not for all at once). - not done - need only for event battle, not all battle

4. As you open and event editor, on the left side are the condition for the event page, the 3 one, Variable has the symbol >=. How can I recreate an event to be = only because I wish to generate a lot of random NPC. Something like - if variable random1 = 1, NPC 1 will be on map x, if its 2, NPC 1 will be map Y, If 3 NPC 1 will be on map Z, If variable Random2 = 1, NPC 2 will be map A, 2 Map M, 3, Map T and so on. Basically I need such a function because it takes ages to set up control switches ( if number1, appear map A ON, appears Map B Off, Map C Off and so on) for each NPC. I really hate that is a >=, because else I just make condition variable to be number x and that's it... ( YES its a complicated set up, but the question is a simple one= can or can't I use a comment that is = Variable without the ">" part)Done!! 

5. How to have check if there are more party NUMBER than X. Something like: Condition branch: If actor 1 is in party else text hes not, if yes -> condition branch if party member number is => 1 then text "Sorry to many people" else the event continues. Or any alternative other than always adding if if if actor yzabc is in partyDone

Other:

How can I understand clearly how luck affects my game? (once again, I don't understand scrips) Because I don't like to have something that can and will influence my game without know how, what and how can I change this.

If I remove from and enemy trait the +5% evasion, unless my actor has -Hit%, any attack will always hit, without a one in a million chance to miss, right?Done

Last edited:

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The answer to some of your questions without going indepth

1. Using states, you may or may not want to use an icon to let the player know what states there on.

When makings inns and other things recover all, instead use a variable set to a very high number (I suggest 10 times the highest level for MP/HP), and set HP and MP gain to said variable. Due this as recover all will remove states.

2. I have no idea what you are trying to achieve thus I can't give any meaningful answer

3. Banning the use of an item can be done. Under the item tab, on each item, there's a part that says occasion change it from always to menu screen and they can't be used during any battle.

4. For the event editor there's no way to change it to equal to. However a simple work around is this:

on the first page of an event it'll be the varible is >= 0 then on the next page >= 1, then on the next page >=2 and so on and so on.

5. you'll need on variable. in the event page set the variable to game data-> party members.

Then set up a conditional branch, if party members variable is >= let's say 5 then everything is good, under the else branch say too many party members. (the else will only happen when you have 6+ in this case but change the condition to how you see fit)

For the other question LUK effects the chance to escape and can determine the chance a state affects a person if not set to the default 100.

The chance to hit an enemy is determined by

The percent the Player has to hit times 1/100 minus the evasion rate eg

Player HIT is 95% and the Enemy's evasion is 5%

so 0.95*(1-0.05) = 0.9025 -> if you like to use decimals

if you like percents-> 95*(100-5)=90.25%

So by removing the evasion rate would just make a player's hit rate higher. Now if you set the evasion rate to 0 for the enemy and the hit rate for the player to 100 then it's a perfect hit for certain hit attacks and physical attacks.

However magical attacks can still vary.

Hopefully this has helped and please excuse any typos or spelling errors.

Psiho_c

The answer to some of your questions without going indepth

1. Using states, you may or may not want to use an icon to let the player know what states there on.

When makings inns and other things recover all, instead use a variable set to a very high number (I suggest 10 times the highest level for MP/HP), and set HP and MP gain to said variable. Due this as recover all will remove states.

2. I have no idea what you are trying to achieve thus I can't give any meaningful answer

3. Banning the use of an item can be done. Under the item tab, on each item, there's a part that says occasion change it from always to menu screen and they can't be used during any battle.

4. For the event editor there's no way to change it to equal to. However a simple work around is this:

on the first page of an event it'll be the varible is >= 0 then on the next page >= 1, then on the next page >=2 and so on and so on.

5. you'll need on variable. in the event page set the variable to game data-> party members.

Then set up a conditional branch, if party members variable is >= let's say 5 then everything is good, under the else branch say too many party members. (the else will only happen when you have 6+ in this case but change the condition to how you see fit)

For the other question LUK effects the chance to escape and can determine the chance a state affects a person if not set to the default 100.

The chance to hit an enemy is determined by

The percent the Player has to hit times 1/100 minus the evasion rate eg

Player HIT is 95% and the Enemy's evasion is 5%

so 0.95*(1-0.05) = 0.9025 -> if you like to use decimals

if you like percents-> 95*(100-5)=90.25%

So by removing the evasion rate would just make a player's hit rate higher. Now if you set the evasion rate to 0 for the enemy and the hit rate for the player to 100 then it's a perfect hit for certain hit attacks and physical attacks.

However magical attacks can still vary.

Hopefully this has helped and please excuse any typos or spelling errors.

Thank you for the reply

1 - it not what I need. I need to change permanently ( so not just for a battle) the element rate. Something like mage A is a fire user. So from start his resistant is 50% ( takes half damage) and through an event page make him get 0% ( no damage from fire) WITHOUT the use of and equipment or class change.

2 - in the Actors tap, you have your characters, and on your right side there are traits-> others -> special flag -> auto battle ( just like it says, the player battles on its own) and I wanted to see if I can change this. You know like first someone is just a guest and later joins. But I guess a class change were he/she just lose the auto battle traits is more easy-.-

3. That is not exactly what I need since I wanted only for certain event battle and not all of them. But I might stick to your idea since I more want to prevent the player from healing using Items ( still can through magic). Thanks:D at least now I have an alternative :D

4. I did try, the main thing is that I will need to open a new topic for it....Since what I aim is to make them randomly appear each time, so using the >=1, 2, 3 once they hit 1, number 2 and 3 ( I'm talking about event condition) will appear too on different maps. 

5. I can't believe I did miss that one:))) Thank you:D

Perfect:D ( about hit and evade)

Hahaha, I guess I'm in the same position about typos and spelling errors :D  

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
On number 2, all states are permanent unless you say other wise, like you either remove through events or it has some kind of limit like remove at the end of battle.

In the pictues below is how the states would be then you need two events, one at the begin of the game (or when ever you introduce your character) and add the Fire Resistance - 50%.

Then in another event, when ever your character meet whatever conditons they need to, remove the Fire Resistance 50% and add Fire Resistance 100%. Then you're done.

Unless you want a state that slow decrease over time to 0%, to which you need to do a common event that's a parrllel process, using nested condtional branches and a lot more states that the two I showed you.

States.pngStates2.png

Auto battle is the ability to have a character have an automatic battle eg the computer/ game says what's going on with that character(s) not the player.

IF you want some to join a battle, then you can either have some join the party right before the battle and then remove them at the end of the battle using an event, or you can just make an event where some character randomly joins a battle(this is an on map battle btw) and afterwards do what needs to be done plot-wise and make the character disappear. Unless you want a summoning skill. That's different.

Psiho_c

On number 2, all states are permanent unless you say other wise, like you either remove through events or it has some kind of limit like remove at the end of battle.

In the pictues below is how the states would be then you need two events, one at the begin of the game (or when ever you introduce your character) and add the Fire Resistance - 50%.

Then in another event, when ever your character meet whatever conditons they need to, remove the Fire Resistance 50% and add Fire Resistance 100%. Then you're done.

Unless you want a state that slow decrease over time to 0%, to which you need to do a common event that's a parrllel process, using nested condtional branches and a lot more states that the two I showed you.

View attachment 29194View attachment 29195

Auto battle is the ability to have a character have an automatic battle eg the computer/ game says what's going on with that character(s) not the player.

IF you want some to join a battle, then you can either have some join the party right before the battle and then remove them at the end of the battle using an event, or you can just make an event where some character randomly joins a battle(this is an on map battle btw) and afterwards do what needs to be done plot-wise and make the character disappear. Unless you want a summoning skill. That's different.

Thank you for showing me how to deal with the status effect better:D The only downside is the if the character is knock out, he/she lose the status, but that is for another topic regarding scrips.

I really just wanted someone to do a demonstration battle ( so the player has no control) but later through events, that character actually joins the player ( controlling) but I will just copy paste the actor, giving the first one the auto battle for the event and then the second actor ( without the auto battle) will be the one actually join in.

Thank you for your time:D Its getting better and better with figuring out how to deal with all the complex condition I made:D

krizmn

Occultist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
if (c.variableValid) {
if ($gameVariables.value(c.variableId) != c.variableValue) {
return false;
}

Under Objects.js you can search for this and replace it.  That is what I did, cause I didn't like the >= stuff with events.  Actually mine is a bit more complicated than this.  I set it up for my project so that variables over 100 where >= and variables under 100 and under were =.  Anything over 200 is <=.  This gives me a bit of flexibility for events.  I am too lazy to make plugins, but if you need help let me know.

Psiho_c

if (c.variableValid) {
if ($gameVariables.value(c.variableId) != c.variableValue) {
return false;
}

Under Objects.js you can search for this and replace it.  That is what I did, cause I didn't like the >= stuff with events.  Actually mine is a bit more complicated than this.  I set it up for my project so that variables over 100 where >= and variables under 100 and under were =.  Anything over 200 is <=.  This gives me a bit of flexibility for events.  I am too lazy to make plugins, but if you need help let me know.

Thank you so much for the script:D This is perfect! I don't know much about scripts but it was easy to find and I manage with ease:D

With this, Number 4 is done and good to go in game:D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png
How many people actually like action commands? (Which is pressing a button at the right time during an attack to deal more damage.)
It is a curse and a blessing getting better at javascript after each plugin... Now I am considering changing two previous plugins completely, and they're not small plugins either -.-' Not to mention that I'll add more features... This is why I never manage to release a game, I just keep updating everything I've already done :p
Hello! Thank you for visiting my Page! ✅

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Korleone21