Question on rules

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by hyde9318, Jan 11, 2018.

1. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys, just wanted to ask a quick question about the rules on something a little odd, I haven't really seen the perfect answer for my situation and I don't want to break the rules on it. So I would rather ask outright than go forward.

So, essentially, We have been working on getting RM.Coalition set up to be easier to download and find, hence me talking about the download website recently. But with site and upload space costs, the idea of opening a patreon to help with upload and website service upkeeps came up. Now, we aren't doing patreon to pocket money, we arent doing it to fund a game, its to help provide an easier experience for people trying to download the packs. Ive found some rules on patreon, but this situation is a weird one and I wanted feedback from staff on it if I can. As stated before, I don't want to cross any lines and upset someone over just simply not knowing the rule.

What I want to do is allow myself and my partners to have a link to the RMC Patreon in our signatures, possibly a link in the actual thread itself too if that's allowed. If its not allowed, that's perfectly fine too, that's why I'm here in the first place.

--------

Side note, kind of a second smaller question. Is it still alright to post a link to the RMC website in the RMC thread as it was in the original thread? Ive just been gone so long, I wasnt sure how that rule stood up. Its not a competing website and the site is focused on RPG Maker/VN Maker resources anyways, but again, dont want to step on toes if I can help it.

--------

Anyways, thank you all for your time and patience! Its always a pleasure chatting with everyone, I hope you all have a great week!

EpicFILE likes this.
  2. mlogan

mlogan I am not sir, mr., dude or bro

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Give us time to discuss it, please.

hyde9318 likes this.
  3. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No problem bud, I'm in no rush.

4. mlogan

mlogan I am not sir, mr., dude or bro

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So the discussion pretty much confirmed what my initial feeling on it was, and that is that no, we can't allow that.

The reason we allow Patreon for games, but not for resources and such, is that selling resources in any manner is in direct competition with the store here.

And while we realize that you are not intending to make a profit off of it and only intending to pay for site fees and such, we have no way of monitoring what happens with any money in excess of the site fees.

You are welcome to link the website in your signature, and if members find the Patreon through that, it's out of our hands. But we can't allow direct advertising of the Patreon. Thanks for understanding.

Windows i7 likes this.
  5. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Makes sense. Okay, thank you bud!