ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What specifically happens in an RPGMaker Game when the "game is saved"?

If I have the identical game (made via RPGMaker MV) installed on two devices, such as a MacBook Pro and an iPhone, or a PC and an Android, what specific files from the /www folder (the HTML 5 portion thats compiled and stored in the exe or .ipa file) do I need to "transfer" between devices to allow the game to pick up where it left off?

For example, I want to save the progress of my game on PC, and then load the same progress on a different PC, to continue where I left off.

What "save game" files do I need to transfer between the two machines?

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The saves are stored using the html5 Local Storage feature. These can't really be exported as single files, but they are stored as JSON values, so if you upload them somewhere, or export them as a file itself, they can be transferred. For a complete solution in moving saves to other computers, the best solution would be a cloud server that maintains a database of the files.

ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean "JSON Values"? Don't you mean mean an actual filename.json file? I am trying to understand exactly what file or files these saves are and what I need to copy from one machine to another. Anything you or anyone can do to provide exact information and specifics would be greatly appreciated.

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
in the www file there's a folder called save, that's where all your saves go. Make sure you're games are identical or using the saves from one fike to another, won't work.

ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks. That's exactly the info I was looking for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Am I allowed to make a recruitment thread NOT for RPG Maker stuff?

Like for a group project?
(NOT RPG Maker project.)
If the new RPG Maker's character generator produces full busts and can match the art styles of previous RPG Makers, that might be a big incentive to buy it. An easier way to craft custom map tile sheets though would probably be an even bigger game changer.
Note to self: One lemon is enough to flavor my drink.
'I'm not homophobic, I'm not scared of me house.' - Peter Kay xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madoke44