Question on Unlocking Jobs

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by billocity, Jul 31, 2016.

1. billocity

billocity Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello! I'm new to MV but have used previous iterations of RPG maker; however, I'm a bit new to plugins. I'd like to use Yanfly's Class Change and Job Points system in the following way:

-Only the main character can change classes

-The rest of the cast of characters is very wide, with various other classes. Once a different character has been in the main party for a certain amount of time, an event is triggered giving the main character access to that character's class. Sort of like the main character learns new classes by fighting/spending time with the other characters.

I'm wondering the best way to implement this, first to limit class change to the main character, then if there's a time event I can call that will trigger a change so that the main character can now access that new class. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense or if it's answered elsewhere that I didn't see.

I appreciate any help and am excited to start my game.

Thanks!

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    "plugins" are just another name for scripts, with a simplified interface allowing you to use them without editing the script itself (as was neccessary in older makers). Nothing else changed there.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please give links to the websites of the plugins you have problems with, and screenshots of the configurations that you have done so far, then we can help you better.

3. Meteodros

Meteodros Grape Overlord Veteran

First Language:
    Inklish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you want to prevent actors from changing classes, then put this their notetag:

<Cannot Change Class>

This means that that actor cannot change classes.

4. billocity

First Language:
    English
    Thanks so much, Meteodros! That helps a lot. Does anyone know how I might implement the second part:

The rest of the cast of characters is very wide, with various other classes. Once a different character has been in the main party for a certain amount of time, an event is triggered giving the main character access to that character's class. Sort of like the main character learns new classes by fighting/spending time with the other characters.

Thanks!

5. Meteodros

First Language:
    Inklish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, I guess you could make an event after a certain amount of time has passed, or like after certain times in the story and such, and then you need to use this Plugin Command (under Page 3 in the event command):

UnlockClass x y

being the actor who's going to get the class (which I assume is Actor 1)

and y being the class which is going to be unlocked.

So you could make it like the heroes go to a town, and then the main character (the one which is going to get the class, I assume) and another character (the actor that is going to give you the class) talk to each other if you do something or something like that, and then you could use the above plugin command to add the class to the main character.

Sorry if this is hard to understand, I'm in a big rush right now and such.

But the Plugin command is the most important bit.

billocity likes this.
  6. billocity

First Language:
    English
    This completely answers my question, thank you, Meteodros!

7. Meteodros

First Language:
    Inklish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No problem, glad I could help :)