question regarding how to add settings specifically for turning voice lines on and off.

Velarajuda

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(I wasn't sure to post on this here, or in JavaScript/Plugin Support, or its "JavaScript questions that don't deserve their own thread. Kindly correct me if I'm posting in the wrong topic)

I just read tutorials on how to add voice lines into my game, and I thought of adding a setting to specifically turn added voice lines on or off. Is this possible without plugins or do I need some kind of plugin to pull this off?

Note : I understand that this is a very vague and somewhat basic question. So any help will be greatly appreciated, whether it's a simple suggestion or an elaborate explanation. Thanks in advance!

hosercanadian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Easiest approach would be to use a switch indicating no voice. Add it as an option in the Options Menu (many plugins for that) and add conditional branches around all your voice lines.

Velarajuda

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Easiest approach would be to use a switch indicating no voice. Add it as an option in the Options Menu (many plugins for that) and add conditional branches around all your voice lines.
Noted, will definitely check on that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have made 60 new skills! ''after test'' I have made 3 new skills!

Made a new battleback this week! How's it look?
"This is the real secret to life - To be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:
actually, are there any JRPG type games (I guess turn based, so not ARPGs like say, Vagrant Story) where you have only one party member for the majority of the game? (I wonder if I'm forgetting something obvious.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverZeno