Question Regarding Resolution and Black Bars

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Rexodiak, Dec 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rexodiak

Rexodiak Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi all!

First of all, apologies if this has been answered before, I couldn't find any useful answer, secondly I'm very new to this program... so you can already expect how much I know about this...

So, I downloaded YEP's Core Engine to adjust the resolution of my game to 1280 x 720, the problem is that even after doing so, the game has black bars at each side :/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note that I DID press F4 to enter full-screen, and it ended up looking like the picture above.

I looked around on youtube and found this OTHER plugin that worked just fine:

[​IMG]

Problem fixed, right? Except that now I don't know if this will collide with YEP CoreEngine, and I also wonder why it didn't work the first time...?

I know I may be nit-picking but if anyone could answer why Yanfly's Plugin didn't work or if this other plugin won't collide with it, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

2. isyrium

isyrium Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I couldn't tell you why Yanfly's plugin didn't work other than maybe you have a different resolution then what you set it as on the plugin.
    The plugin you got to get full screen possibly detects your resolution to fit the game to your size, that plugin shouldn't interfere with Yanfly's so you should be fine using it for anything else.
    Hope that was helpful and answered your questions. ^^

Rexodiak likes this.
  3. Rexodiak

Rexodiak Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! Just what I was hoping to hear, I'm glad there's always someone willing to help so fast

isyrium likes this.
  4. Kakelad

Kakelad Warper Member

First Language:
    Finland
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Now, this might come a tad late but I was struggling with the black bars aswell despite configuring the resolution to 1280x720 on Yanfly's Core Engine. Turns out I had in my plugins list a default plugin still ON called "Community Basic". Killing that thing worked for me :)

l8rose likes this.
  5. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kakelad We normally don't allow necroposting, which this is technically, but I'm going to allow your post as it seems to be a possible solution to this problem that others in the future might find useful.

I am, however, going to close this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.