Rexodiak

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all!

First of all, apologies if this has been answered before, I couldn't find any useful answer, secondly I'm very new to this program... so you can already expect how much I know about this...

So, I downloaded YEP's Core Engine to adjust the resolution of my game to 1280 x 720, the problem is that even after doing so, the game has black bars at each side :/

Note that I DID press F4 to enter full-screen, and it ended up looking like the picture above.

I looked around on youtube and found this OTHER plugin that worked just fine:

Problem fixed, right? Except that now I don't know if this will collide with YEP CoreEngine, and I also wonder why it didn't work the first time...?

I know I may be nit-picking but if anyone could answer why Yanfly's Plugin didn't work or if this other plugin won't collide with it, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

isyrium

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I couldn't tell you why Yanfly's plugin didn't work other than maybe you have a different resolution then what you set it as on the plugin.
The plugin you got to get full screen possibly detects your resolution to fit the game to your size, that plugin shouldn't interfere with Yanfly's so you should be fine using it for anything else.
Hope that was helpful and answered your questions. ^^

Rexodiak

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I couldn't tell you why Yanfly's plugin didn't work other than maybe you have a different resolution then what you set it as on the plugin.
The plugin you got to get full screen possibly detects your resolution to fit the game to your size, that plugin shouldn't interfere with Yanfly's so you should be fine using it for anything else.
Hope that was helpful and answered your questions. ^^
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! Just what I was hoping to hear, I'm glad there's always someone willing to help so fast

Kakelad

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Finland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now, this might come a tad late but I was struggling with the black bars aswell despite configuring the resolution to 1280x720 on Yanfly's Core Engine. Turns out I had in my plugins list a default plugin still ON called "Community Basic". Killing that thing worked for me :)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kakelad We normally don't allow necroposting, which this is technically, but I'm going to allow your post as it seems to be a possible solution to this problem that others in the future might find useful.

I am, however, going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BwadeZ