question regarding vertical sprite sheet.

Taikutsuna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’ve got a couple sprite sheets where it is a single Vertical line of 4 sprites that are apparently for animations like a dog barking. If I choose one of these sprites, it reads it horizontally and just sits there blinking. Is there a way to have RPG maker read the sprite vertically so it animates correctly?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
horizontal is the walking animation, if that is missing you need to disable both walking and stepping animation to prevent that cycle

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Take a look at the built-in door and chest images and quick events for guidance.

vertical.png

These use single-column spritesets to animate by 'turning' left then right. Moving vertically down from the top of the spritesheet, the order of the rows is down, left, right, up. So if your first image in the event is the one at the top of the spritesheet, turning it left moves you down one on the sheet. Turning right moves you down one more, and turning up brings you to the bottom.

And note that walking and stepping are unchecked, like @Andar mentioned.

Taikutsuna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
horizontal is the walking animation, if that is missing you need to disable both walking and stepping animation to prevent that cycle
I tried that and it doesn’t move at all.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried that and it doesn’t move at all.
then show us what you have - both a screenshot of the event with all its options, and the spritesheet you try to use.

every answer we gave so far is guesswork based on your description and what we assumed you have done. If that does not work we need the facts what you really have.

Taikutsuna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This, and sprite sheets like this is what I'm trying to get to work. All it does is blink. I've tried creating separate event pages with each animation and it still doesn't animate and just locks everything up.

Attachments

• $dogebark.png
    $dogebark.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 2

Taikutsuna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then show us what you have - both a screenshot of the event with all its options, and the spritesheet you try to use.

every answer we gave so far is guesswork based on your description and what we assumed you have done. If that does not work we need the facts what you really have.
I think I got it. I had to run the event in Parallel so it didn't lock everything up. Thanks for the help.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I always end up having issues with things i'd never expect.

Capture.PNG

Those friggin mountains man xD
Time for my daily walk/jog ''Literally starts raining while I open the door''
I just discovered there's a giant jellyfish in the Ace RTP. My day is made.
I'm pretty sure I submitted a username change like 4 months ago.
No offense but uh, still waiting for my name to be updated :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prandom