Questions about battling system

Lacy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Ok, so this is kind of a weird question and I'm not quite sure it's possible or not. I'm currently working on an rpg/dating sim type of game. A lot of the actions are going to be dependent on if the player interacts correctly with the NPCs. I have a variable set up so that good actions are rewarded a point, and bad actions subtract a point, etc. I also currently have battles set up, but I was thinking that perhaps a regular rpg battle system would be a bit boring/bland? I then was trying to figure out how I could still integrate the battling system (as per the original idea) to match a dating sim better.

But I don't feel as if that matches the sim portion. It would be fine for just the NPCs you can't date, but I kind of wanted to have the player battle girls at times as well.

I guess, what I'm looking for would be something much simpler than how it's set up by default. I'm not quite sure how I should go about it. Like in my head, I'm thinking maybe have some kind of battle outside of the battle system (like have someone "hit" you if you say the wrong thing or you could "attack" back with whatever options), which I'm perfectly fine implementing. But I still do want a more RPG feel to the game, hence the battle system. Is there a way to perhaps make the parameters more simple, as leveling wouldn't be as important like a normal RPG? I tried adjusting it but it seems like it's still a bit high. Is there a way to manually edit each level's increase amount? Or am I overthinking this whole thing? I'm sorry if it doesn't quite make sense. I've got a sort of plan in my head but there's no games that come to mind as a good example as to what I mean. I'm fine with how the battles look themselves. It's more the "behind the scenes" stuff I'm not sure on.

How I have a (temporary/quick set up) battling system:

How I have character parameter:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Are you really using VX or VX Ace? They are different engines.

Lacy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I am using VX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
The laptop I've had for almost 3 years has blue screened and is stuck on a boot loop. Can't wait to make games on nothing!
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:
Cleaned character animation and new room

I'm not sure if I should open a thread for this in games in development..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schiraz