Questions about Custom Action RPG Battle Systems

BestsellingFictionPodcast

Helping self-published authors get more readers ,
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi guys,

Need some input from experienced minds. This isn't a project recruitment thread. It is a thread to get feedback and more information.

Situation: Action-rpg with upper corner HUD displaying health and a "state" gradient bar. There are hotkey graphics in the bottom right for special moves. Your other party characters are controlled by AI. Your active party consists of two characters - the point-man (you) and wingman. 

The "state" bar replaces MP. It charges depending on conditions and levels up. "State" levels unlock abilities, which you assign in a designated menu. You an also slot passive abilities. 

Using abilities might boost your state temporarily (the ability would have a recharge time) and provide other effects or do damage.

Using abilities might also deplete your STATE (by say 1 level or by 5 levels).

The battle system would involve godly amounts of carnage against hordes of NPCs. There would be kill counters and SFX declaring "UNSTOPPABLE" as you plow through armies of goons and mooks.

The battle system would encourage you to charge your STATE bar to the highest possible levels to achieve godly overkill potential and stat multipliers. 

Question: How possible would it be for a scripter to make this happen? I have no coding ability and my schedule doesn't allow me to do this. I'm open to an exchange of value for anyone up for the challenge.

Question2: Can this battle system be scripted in a way that would allow graphics to be changed out easily? I wanted to get the battle system down first then gradually implement commissioned artwork as my wallet allows, or as people volunteer. 

Question3: The itinerary calls for a short demo first. How much easier would the scripter's job be if it were to be a stripped down version of said battle system for a demo?

Caveat: I have access to a tablet and a tube scanner to provide schematics on how I'd want it to look. If someone is up to the task, I will provide as much detail as possible. 

Thanks guys!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why are you posting this in the Commercial RPG Maker discussion? Despite the fact that you say this is not a recruitment thread, it sure sounds like one.

Please state if you are just after opinions, or if you are actually after someone to say "hey, I'll do that for you", and if you intend to pay for it to be done, so I know where to move it.

BestsellingFictionPodcast

Helping self-published authors get more readers ,
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I see your point, Shaz. Maybe just move it then.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unknown.png

A sketch of a character for an upcoming chapter. I am pre-preparing the heck out of this one and future chapters, don't want to spend time figuring the story out again. :blush:
Today *Fix the game UI
RMMZ maxRows make me tired.
The game supports real-time language switching (really interesting).
8laFKAa.png

jBYDFzZ.png

lYbvPth.png

mY99lgU.png

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manyattempts