Summer夏

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
中文
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, I really like Olivia's plugins, I bought almost all of her plugins, however, what happened recently confuses me a bit.

Her terms of use contain "You are allowed to edit the code." But the latest plugin seems to encrypt the code, making code modification almost impossible.When I found the mistake, I could neither find the mistake myself nor contact her.

her plugins: "Olivia_ProvokeEffect" and "Olivia_AggroManagement" I have found quite obvious bugs

I understand she didn't want to be found because she was being harassed too much, However, even if 1% of people are the ones who really found the problem,Whether it should be troubled by this.

After I closed all other plug-ins, the problem still exists, does it mean that there is something wrong with the plug-in itself.

If there is a problem with the paid plugin, even if the author does not intend to solve it, should the author give customers a channel to feedback the problem?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Olivia_ProvokeEffect"
Note the skill of "<Provoke>", if the selection target is friendly, an error will be reported

"Olivia_AggroManagement"
No effect when "@param Target Highest Aggro" is false

ImaginaryVillain

"Hero" of Light, now with cool hat!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Should they? Well I wouldn't buy a plugin from anybody who had no support for it. So they should if they want my money. Do they have to? Not really. Clearly you were willing to buy them even knowing she has no support, so obviously some people will still buy it even without support.

As for if the plugin has a problem or not, you'll want to provide us screenshots of what you're doing with it. Maybe someone else who bought it can help.

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
Well, in my opinion, the producer has, at least, give you feedback, even if they say "I can't support it right now, I will do will it when I have the time". etc.

About the plugin, what you mean by encrypted?
If it is what I'm thinking, this can be solved using this tool. Copy and paste it and use the beautifier.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
She has a way to reach her on her itch.io page. It's hidden a little bit, but there IS a way.

Summer夏

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
中文
Primarily Uses
RMMV
She has a way to reach her on her itch.io page. It's hidden a little bit, but there IS a way.
I can't seem to find a way to contact her. If she sets her method so secretly, I don't think she wants people to bother her

Hi!
Well, in my opinion, the producer has, at least, give you feedback, even if they say "I can't support it right now, I will do will it when I have the time". etc.

About the plugin, what you mean by encrypted?
If it is what I'm thinking, this can be solved using this tool. Copy and paste it and use the beautifier.
Thank you for your advice. I know a little about javasricpt. It seems that this website does not make it easier for me to understand the code

Should they? Well I wouldn't buy a plugin from anybody who had no support for it. So they should if they want my money. Do they have to? Not really. Clearly you were willing to buy them even knowing she has no support, so obviously some people will still buy it even without support.

As for if the plugin has a problem or not, you'll want to provide us screenshots of what you're doing with it. Maybe someone else who bought it can help.
Thank you. Maybe you are right. I am contradictory. I should not complain after I choose to buy.

If I need to ask someone else for help, I will.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Its due to the fact it requires you to go offsite and we can't really say how to do it directly (Hint: Go to where it says to go for more resources. It will go to a common chat program. I can't say more). I did suggest she be more clear in it, but we'll see if that feedback is taken into consideration.

Summer夏

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
中文
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its due to the fact it requires you to go offsite and we can't really say how to do it directly (Hint: Go to where it says to go for more resources. It will go to a common chat program. I can't say more). I did suggest she be more clear in it, but we'll see if that feedback is taken into consideration.
There is a "#code-creations" room in the chat room where I can send messages, but I don't see anyone asking questions in this room, and I won't do it because it is not polite to do so

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you have a way to contact the creator and you refuse to use it, you can't really expect other people to do her job, especially when nobody else has the plugin because it's paid.

Summer夏

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
中文
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you have a way to contact the creator and you refuse to use it, you can't really expect other people to do her job, especially when nobody else has the plugin because it's paid.
I don't quite understand what you mean.
Does it roughly mean that she refused to let others find her because too many people who did not buy plugins to harass her?
But how to guarantee the interests of the few who buy the plugin?
Many plugin authors make plugins better because of customer feedback.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have a way to contact her. You should contact her.

I don't think it's very good service to sell a plugin then refuse to support it when people have issues. Or to take someone's money and expect others to provide that support.

I know that plugin creators get hassled a lot by people who claim the plugin is faulty, but who just haven't set it up properly. People do the same with MV all the time - say there's a bug, but then we show them that it's a mistake they've made themselves. I can understand not wanting to have to deal with that. But there should be a way for people to report issues and for the creators to at least consider whether it IS the user doing something wrong, or whether there's a legitimate bug.

People here can't help you, unless they buy the plugin. And as much as I like to help people, I'm not going to spend my money on a plugin I don't want to use, just to do it.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Like I said click the link where it says you can find more resources like this at, then select that. You can message them on that.

I do wish though they'd say come here to contact me instead, as I'd not assume that is how they'd want to be contacted myself if I just looked at the page.

Summer夏

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
中文
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like I said click the link where it says you can find more resources like this at, then select that. You can message them on that.

I do wish though they'd say come here to contact me instead, as I'd not assume that is how they'd want to be contacted myself if I just looked at the page.
I need to pass verification before I can contact her, I will try to contact her, thank you for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whypzk