Questions about the RPG Maker MV Preorder

mmwsfz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Cantonese
Hi there. I preordered a copy of RPG Maker MV but I heard the Mac version is not out yet, am I right? I feel left out for not being able to download that right away.

And also, can I use the license key to activate it on my Windows then "unactivate" it for my Mac to use the same code while my Windows doesn't use it anymore?

What if I need to restore my computer and reactiviate it using the same code? Will it work? Thank you!! =]

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should be able to use the same key to activate your Windows version.  

The Mac question was answered in another thread.  Please take a look and see if you can find it, and it'll tell you what you want to know.  (only because I'm flat out getting pinned topics set up and there's a lot of support questions already)

mmwsfz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Cantonese
You should be able to use the same key to activate your Windows version.  

The Mac question was answered in another thread.  Please take a look and see if you can find it, and it'll tell you what you want to know.  (only because I'm flat out getting pinned topics set up and there's a lot of support questions already)
Found that one. Thanks!! Also, does it mean that one License Key can be shared in multiple computers? If so, how many is the limit? Or is it only that I can can unlicense one and transfer the code to be used on another? Thanks again!! =]

Lt. Ulquiorra

The Devil's Advocate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
I think the limit is two (or that's what I remember reading somewhere around here). But, you can always use steam as a backup. I'm pretty sure you won't be using three copies of RMMV at the same time ;)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The limit is 2.  They must be your own computers, and if you and a family member are both using it, and both want to make commercial games, you cannot share the license - you need your own.

mmwsfz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Cantonese
Thanks for answering. But can I undo the activation and release a slot out of the 2 if I want to, say, buy a new computer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can certainly try it.  The worst that could happen is that it'll give you a message saying it's been activated the maximum number of times, at which point you log a support ticket, explain the situation, and ask if they can reset the activation codes for you.  They're always happy to help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My plan after learning to make my voice girly "Wow! You sounds cute!" "But actually I'm a man!" "Nooooo!!!" hehehe...
I get haunted from bugs that emit a terrible stench after being killed.
At first, I was going to put player objectives on the screen labeling it as "Helpful voices"... But that's dumb, I have a madness system. It will simply whisper objectives.... I mean they're probably objectives. The voices wouldn't lie right? They're friendly, and ...helpful. So clearly you should do what they say. Just watch the dark corners of your screen for advice and it will all work out! :LZSexcite:
Take care of your immune system: Go to sleep. If you looked at the clock an hour ago or four and it was way late then maybe now is the time. Mmm sleep...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyfox585