Questions on uploading to Steam Workshop

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by SlySlySly, Mar 7, 2017.

1. SlySlySly

SlySlySly Princess Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello! I am trying to upload a game to steam using the workshop. I had workshop items downloaded from someone else, and it seems all I can do is select those from the steam management window.
    Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 8.18.25 PM.png

As you can see on the top right my options are selected, but on the left, someone else's description and title are there. I tried selecting a different thing but all that I can select are more projects by other people.

When I edited the left, it changed back to the other person's description and title, anyone know what's happening and how to properly upload a project to steam workshop.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you can only upload parts of your own projects - you cannot update workshop items provided by other people.

See that column "owned"? Only if that is "yes" you will be able to upload anything.
    So you need to create your own project and have that open to get the option to share that project on the workshop.

3. SlySlySly

First Language:
    English
    I don't know how to select my own project, I have it open in the background. I just can't find it on the GUI. Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 3.33.18 PM.png
    This is what it looks like. Where is an open space where I can put my project. I don't know what to do, because when I open the steam manager, this i all I see, and no other options to select my own project.

4. SlySlySly

First Language:
    English
    I just unsubscribed from everything else. It worked. I don't have the stuff I had formerly subscribed to, but I could upload.

5. Rdizz

Rdizz Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm having the same issue, I unsubbed from everything and now that box is just blank with or without my project opened. How did you get your project to populate so you could upload it?

6. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Thank you for the report, we'll check it out.