Questions regarding Battle Transitions and Displays.

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by TheSurge, Jun 17, 2019.

1. TheSurge

TheSurge Angel Strike Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi All,

New to the forums and hoping to figure out somethings with Yanfly's, Engine Core and Battle Core.

First, I notice when having Engine Core on, whenever I escape a fight, there is like a 2 second delay that shows the battle menu and then reverts back to the map, whereas without the plugin after escaping a fight it immediately fades back into the map.

I'm also trying to figure out how to change the menu window color and opacity, but only see the options to change the text and gauge colors. Wasn't sure if that is its own separate plug-in or I would need to script something in the system, but I was hoping to alter it using the plug-in itself.

Concerning Battle Core:

Is there a command specifically to not display the move and icon for certain attacks. I have different variations of "Basic Attacks" and would rather not have anything displayed.

And finally, when performing basic attacks, it looks like the flow of the animation swing and damage itself has a 30-60 frame delay, rather than without Battle Core, the damage flows nicely when the animation performs. I'm not sure if its a move set up wait that causes that, or what not.

Thanks in advance, working on my 3rd game and using the plug ins for the first time!

JtheDuelist likes this.
  2. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Before I try to answer your questions, let me be the first to welcome you to the community.

As for your questions:
    1) That is a buffer needed because MV is constantly checking what aspects YEP_CoreEngine has changed. The time this buffer lasts varies from computer to computer (like my 2005 laptop does that for about 5 seconds while on my current good PC it is barely noticeable, like a few frames at best).

2) The menu color and its overall design is solely on the image file Windowskin.png found in your game's img/system/ folder. But changing this file also changes the appearance of message boxes you'll use in cutscenes, so you'll most definitely need a new plugin that let's you set different windowskin files for different aspects if you want menus and message boxes to not share the same windowskin.

3) You'll need to request a new plugin, as no existing plugin to my knowledge hides only certain skills from the battle log window that pops up. I know Moghunter made something similar, but it just hides the battle log window entirely.

4) The answer is the same as 1- this is simply a buffer the plugin has to use.

Hope this helped.

TheSurge likes this.
  3. TheSurge

TheSurge Angel Strike Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This helped tremendously. Thanks a lot for your help! =)