Questions regarding XP and VX

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Tugasmo, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Tugasmo

Tugasmo Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Well, first of all, I'm sure that this is not the right side of the forum to be posting this but I am not sure where exactly I should be asking these questions so I think it's wise to just post this in the offtopic thread and give you guys (mods for moving the post) here for now.

Ok, so, for starters, I have to say that there is a lot of topics with unavailable links/images so it is very hard for me to accomplish/learn about something as I am very green with all this. Then for whatever reason I can't find anything through the search bar or if I do is something with the tags I used but not the specific content. I have been googling as well and nearly installed a virus (which was supposed to be an ABS script), or so I believe it was, it kept spamming the windows security prompt to install it whenever I declined it lol... I was told to go ahead and ask anything to the community as you guys are friendly and willing to help others. I have to be honest and say I'm really bad with forums. I RARELY use forums but starting today, I'll have to addapt to this one as I want to be part of this community.

Anyway, my first question is:

Can I build a RMVX game (just mapping for starter) and transfer it to RMXP for scripts etc and then again transfer it to VX?

My doubts are from posts being very old, since 2006-2008 till today and most of them are outdated/not working and there is no one confirming or updating those things now. Things are probably "compacted" in little places so it's easier for those who know where to go to find the scripts/etc.

Also if you guys wouldn't mind to share me a couple of useful guides/tutorials to start with for scripts/etc that I could follow/read/learn would be very helpful to me and appreciated!

Before I end, there's another thing I'd like to ask as I have been looking for DAYS now and has been a priority as I don't think I can make a game and then change the whole thing and everything be ok...

I am looking for an ABS (Action/Active Battle System) either single or team for my game. My idea is something similar to Zelda doesn't need to be identical, just similar and working is ok for me! Even if it's something being build and requires testers I can be your guinea pig!

I honestly don't fancy Turn-Based games that much, not saying I wouldn't play them either but real time action was always my thing.

If anyone is willing to help me with this or even further questions/etc you may as well add me on discord/steam but ofc I need someone to first tell me if i am allowed to link such things lol :p

Thanks for taking your time to read me.

Edit: By the way, if it's not asking much, can someone point me the right place to where I should have made this post? Like I said, I am very green with all this. I'm feeling a bit confused to be honest. lol

2. Zeriab

Zeriab Huggins! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    You can port an VX game to XP and back again, but there will so much manual labor + you need to migrate the scripts yourself.
    From a pragmatic point of view I would say no, not possible, though technically you can do it.

Regarding XP scripts I believe the best place is here: https://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?action=script_database

Note: I believe RPG Maker VX is currently the worst maker in terms of support. It is probably because many, like me, feel that VX Ace is a direct upgrade.

*hugs*
    - Zeriab

3. Tugasmo

Tugasmo Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Thank you for the link and answer!