Questions regarding Yanfly's Visual HP Gauge plugin and creating a "Scan/Libra" skill

mkrudesign

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My first question: I followed the Tips and Tricks tutorial on the dev's site to create a skill which reveals the enemy's stats, weaknesses and an HP Bar for them. However, copying the default code provided by the dev to display these stats is formatted in a way which causes the text to go past the boundaries, seen here:

Preview 68.jpg
Is there any way to code it to not have the text so separated? I have the required plugins mentioned by the dev for this (VisualHPGauges, SkillCore, and MessageCore).

My second question: I have set it up so that when the "Libra" skill is used, it will also reveal an HP bar for them. If anyone is familiar with this visual VisualHPGauge Plugin, is there a way to have this HP Bar only appear when you use this skill? In the plugin menu, the best I can do is set it to where it only displays after defeating an enemy once, which I don't want.
There is also a setting to hide the HP gauge per enemy type, but then the "Libra" skill will never show the HP bar. I'm at a loss.

For reference: This is the plugin page I am referring to:

boikish

Always trying to help :)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Regarding your first question, just change the numbers inside the brackets:
\px[100] is the left most column, \px[400] is the center, and \px[700] is the right.

Regarding your second question, I will have to do more research.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It has this notetag on the page you linked.

<Before Eval>
if (target.isEnemy()) {
var id = target._enemyId;
$gameSystem.addHpGaugeEnemy(id);
}
</Before Eval>

edit:
sorry I hit post on accident before I finished, lol

I'm not sure if there is a way to change it with this note tag, or if you'll actually want to maybe change something in the visual HP plugin. But I think it was designed to work as either scan the enemy and show the gauge and/or defeat the enemy to show the gauge. It's interesting that it doesn't work when you change that plugin parameter. I'm curious, but I'm at work right now, I will try figuring it out later this evening.

edit 2:
I found this thread, not sure if it will help you though.

Last edited:

mkrudesign

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Regarding your first question, just change the numbers inside the brackets:
\px[100] is the left most column, \px[400] is the center, and \px[700] is the right.

Regarding your second question, I will have to do more research.
This worked to fix the format issue! Thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_7_1_2022_11_41_55.png
When the Panic gauge is full, Mike will turn into Omar in a state of actual panic. his move list changes and until the meter depletes completely, he'll be able make use of this alter ego.
So unbelievably excited for IGMC this year! First public game was for the original one and I'm just so pumped!!
Sometimes I am amazed at how relentless spam bots are. I would clear the que and then see 800~5k more depending on their mood.
Work on UD is already so delayed but I gotta drop everything so that I have something ready for IGMC!
Messed up the chains... :kaoback:
Sw7U8dA.jpg

Character: Jeanne D'Arc from Fate/Apocrypha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qixxi