Questions: Transferring Turns & Character Training

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by AshteriskGaming, Feb 13, 2018.

1. AshteriskGaming

AshteriskGaming Failure Member

First Language:
    English
    (I must warn you, I have 27 characters in my current game. This is due to a lot of party switching and parties splitting and mixing in various ways. Characters are also capable of dying due to some events and can be unusable the rest of the game, so having other characters to replace them functionally in such a case is important to not make the game unplayable when you lose someone. 5 of them are secret unlockables not involved in the main story, so obviously they have a bit more allowance to be OP because they're intended to be rewards. If you can manage to keep everyone alive, (not including the bonus hidden characters) you would get a special ending.)

I don't know if these questions deserve their own thread, but I suppose I'll ask anyways

1: Has anyone ever figured out how you could give a class the ability to transfer turns? It would be like someone uses a skill and it gives the target character an extra turn, but it uses up the caster's/user's turn. I was trying to think of a way to make a dancer/musician type that operates similarly to how it would in say, Fire Emblem. Characters like Azura/Aqua can transfer their turn to another person. She isn't particularly effective for anything else, though, and I don't want a class that always gets used to transfer turns without having anything else to offer. Just a thought I was wondering about and I couldn't find anything in a search.

Currently, I have things set up like this:

2: Is there a feature where an ally can train another character for some sort of trade-off? For example, say you have one character that is level 50 and another is level 2, and you don't want to grind. Is there a feature that would allow the level 50 character to teach them to be the same level for a traded something, like money? I thought of the idea because of games like Skyrim, or like the latest Warriors games. In those, you can only level a character with currency as far as your highest character is. You would still have to grind to get further, but you wouldn't necessarily need to individually grind every single character by repeating fights. Again, just an idea. This would ideally be either in the form of a training area/event or just part of the menu itself.

I suppose you could also have some way to level based on finding items, like some books in Skyrim, but I haven't tried to make such an item, and it isn't among the basic options for item effects. It might need some special script code that I don't know.

There's no pressure to answer me, since I know most of you have your own projects. I do have plenty of other things to work on regarding this project in the meantime, so it's not the end of the world if I don't get an immediate response.

It is 7 AM here, though, so I may not immediately reply either, since I've gotten no sleep yet. :kaoback:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not going to read this if it's explicitly in black color. In dark theme it's hard to read.

3. Martin_Arcainess

Martin_Arcainess Emperor Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1st option I don't know.

2nd for the training you could have Masters? So your main character is LV50 and can apply for a Masters Role and as a Master you can go to say, a temple, school etc choose training with different levels of training.

Beginner training (Increases character level by X up to LV10)
    Rookie Training (Increases character level by X up to LV20) (pupils must be at least LV10)

Now you can do a trade-off for each training I.E costing you money or you can only do it once every 1 hour or so or both and all this can be done by events.

4. AshteriskGaming

AshteriskGaming Failure Member

First Language:
    English
    I didn't realize it was explicitly in black; I never made it black on purpose. My apologies; I didn't have dark theme on and the message box told me it was at the default color "none" when it clearly wasn't. I fixed that now, I think.

An interesting proposal. I'll try that approach later today. I might have to adjust it to what I want once I have it working the way you outlined. If I can't get exactly what I want I may just have to try my hand at making a plugin if I can't get the exact result I want, but thank you for the suggestion.