Quick and easy way to tell if a music file is looped?

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by jonthefox, Jul 20, 2019.

1. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

-edit- I'm so stupid. I just realized that I can just open the music file, go to the very end of it, and see if it "ends' in a way that will seamlessly transition to the beginning. I'm not sure if there's a more efficient method I can use, but this seems pretty reasonable to do.

Hey all,
    So over the years I've collected a vast library of free to use rpg game music, about half in .ogg and half in .mp3 formats. Problem I'm running into is that, through some manual testing, I've come to notice that not all of the files are looped. It would be a lot of work to manually put in all the files in rpg maker and listen to the duration to see if the file is looped, and it would be even more work to try and manually loop them all in audacity. So what I'm looking for is if there is some way to quickly tell if a file is looped or not, so that I could put all of the unlooped ones to the side and only work with the looped ones that I have. Much appreciated in advance if anyone can help me!

2. kalfax

kalfax The aspiring one. Veteran

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you can just loop them all through events?

3. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

@kalfax whatttt this is possible? What function does this?

4. kalfax

kalfax The aspiring one. Veteran

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    go to event commands, then click under flow control on loop, put ur soundtrack inside loop and repeat above, and make the event trigger a parallel process. should work fine, once u enter the map its in itll start playing ur song, but make sure u phase out the song when ur character goes into a house or leaves to another map basically.