Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a continuation of Quick battles:

I continue here to ask in this forum if the problem that i have can be solved relativly easily, or do i have to go over to the javascript forums?

I'm aiming for the following scenario:

- Yanfly's charge turn battle (side-view)

- I use the basic attack command (example)

- Inside half a second or less, the next battle member (enemy or party member) gets it's turn.

- enemy turns are equally quick

Shortening the transition between map->battle and battle->map would also help my goal.

I can make the animation shorter, but that is by far not sufficent. Thus, i was searching for a way to decrease the delay between the attack steps. There is a plugin that increases the overall speed, but i feel iffy. I feel like it could mess with the overall game, porting it to mobile devices, and other plugins.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The biggest delay in the battles are the animations, especially the sideview action sequences. Because the computer then slows down to let the player watch those animations.

So the easiest way to speed up everything is to shorten the action sequences and the skill animations.

Valryia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I fear that reducing only the animations will not be enough. Let me put it this way: I want to divert the time from delays towards animations and play time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rayhaku808

Chubbizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After looking through both threads, what you're looking for is not going to be ready for at least another year (in terms of plugins).

What if you cut down on the usage of party members? When you go into battle, you pick which actor you want to fight with for that battle. Or you can just make it so you only have control of the player.  This way you don't have to spend all that time thinking of what to do for each actor and just focus on how to react to everyone else's actions. The players' actions can be as simple as maybe 4 different inputs.

Left arrow key -  does a basic attack

Down arrow key - inflicts a status or uses a skill

Up arrow key - uses a special attack

Right arrow key - manipulates the turn order to some effect (since you want CTB)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can I get away with calling a "shortsword" a dagger and not a sword?
So here's the full cycles, I'm not so familiar with actually animating and giving motion so any observation on that matter would be really helpful! :kaoswt:
EfGHbLh.gif

Just now I realized I didn't scale it up so its smol...
I wanna make a YouTube video about reviewing a game, but I don't know what RPG Maker game I should play...
Guarii wrote on TSR's profile.
I want to create a OneShot style inventory. Without having the weapons and armor sections. Just the items. How can I do this?
images
I had to wrote for my job so called document "Annual Rate", based on this document employees will recieve pay raise. I wrote whole truth how I feel about my work and this is how I would summary my document:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amaginus