Quick Question

HelasRoas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are we allowed to link to our resources which we sell on itch.io on here?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as far as I know, no - there are a few exceptions but in those cases the same resources are sold through this site's store in addition to other stores.
As this is a company website you can't make advertisements for competing products here. Exceptions are games done with one of the engines because the Degica shop here doesn't sell complete games

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Having it on the store here too isn't an exception, actually. One of the resource creators got in trouble for it a few times in the past. You can link to a personal website that happens to also sell your resources, and you can link to itch.io when you're giving away resources, but advertising resources sold elsewhere is always a no.

HelasRoas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I can make a web page to sell my own resources, but I can not link my itch.io page which sells the same resources?

Just want to make this clear before i start making the personal page to sell the resources.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No, that's not it. Allowances are made for you to advertise your person webpage, and that personal webpage can happen to sell resources, but if selling resources is the only point of it, that's definitely not allowed.

Try to think about this from the other side. This site sells resources, the people putting in a lot of effort and paying money to build this community and keep this place running don't want to be spending that money and effort to advertise the competition. If you want to sell your resources to this community, the way to do it is to get your stuff approved to go in the store.

HelasRoas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well that sounds like a plan, how would i get my self approved to sell in the store?

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You talk to the administrator here to talk about the contract:
Disclaimer: since the moderators are busy; the company might accept or reject your creation because the company has the brand to protect.

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Site Feedback. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Its been almost 6 months since i've been here last and 5 years before that. the worst part is losing the game you were working on in a cpu fire.

Well time to go at it again.
my game is coming together im so happy
In this day and age, i might switch back to RMXP. I’ve lost faith in all the new plugins.
Wow it's been forever since I last logged in! I STILL want to make a game... I'll start it one day for sure!! It's a dream of mine.
This days I couldn't do anything... My mind is so confused and I couldn't work at all, I only wanted to play video games with my friends and that made all my projects delay a lot. Someone else feels this kind of thing sometimes? :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shoutala