draco2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
So I am new at this and I bought RPG Maker MV through Steam. Now the question is does game auto update through Steam or do I do it manually? I've looked at the recent news on the game in Steam and it does let you download the latest updates. Now if I do have to update it manually, how do I do that? I just don't want to mess up any of the file and then find out it wasn't necessary. Please and thank you. :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The editor gets auto-updated, and any DLC added will be automatically available at the DLC folder.

However, the project files will NOT autoupdate - that is intentional, because any update might remove changes you did to the project's engine.

So if you have an older project and need one of the project updates, you have to install that manually.

However, there has been only one project engine update so far (from 1.00 to 1.01), instructions how to install that into old projects were given in the topic about the 1.01 Update here on the forum.

Everything else since then was only provided as an DLC to be installed as usual.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm finally back! :kaojoy:
A lot of RL issues happened this year which didn't let me work on Aithne as much, but I am back with new inspiration!
In that time my art style also changed a little, so I'll be doing a small art change with busts/menu art
Ops forgot to fix the hand on the weaponless sprite o_O
opening old GIMP files is a blessing and a curse because it can be fun to look at art you started once upon a time and want to finish BUT come to a total halt when you remember your past self forgot to create separate layers for most files
"The bigger the person, the longer the wait"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainbowkombat