Astfgl66

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Please send me a screenshot of your plugin parameters.
It seems to be crashing when trying to eval your icon array parameter so something fishy must be going on in there.

I'm still looking into the action sequence crashing. It doesn't look good for now, as it seems to be an interaction between my plugin and yanfly's but I can't find where they overlap.

nanashiXz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please send me a screenshot of your plugin parameters.
It seems to be crashing when trying to eval your icon array parameter so something fishy must be going on in there.

I'm still looking into the action sequence crashing. It doesn't look good for now, as it seems to be an interaction between my plugin and yanfly's but I can't find where they overlap.

You got it! I'll send over all the screen shots I have. Including how it is working but not showing anything anymore. If I can do anything to help test this, please let me know. I will send over the plugins I have and whatever you need.

Attachments

• Quoted Up on array.PNG
    Quoted Up on array.PNG
    426.1 KB · Views: 5
  • New whole array script.PNG
    New whole array script.PNG
    392.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Current Plugins.PNG
    Current Plugins.PNG
    349.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Icon blank.png
    Icon blank.png
    437.4 KB · Views: 4

Astfgl66

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Yeah, it's just like I thought You have put a wrong datatype into the parameters.
This plugins draws icon from your iconset to use as a way to display QTE inputs.
You're going to have to make or find icons for arrows and buttons you'd like to use, put them into your iconset and then reference their index in the plugin parameters.
Here's how it should look like.
rmfxM8d.png

No news about action sequences not working properly. Still have no idea what causes it.

Spoiler'd below is my very ugly template iconset for testing purposes.
kIn1wpj.png

Indexes start from 0 for the first empty space. You can find the iconindex without having to count by going into any window that has you choosing an icon and looking at the bottom left part of the UI window: notice how guard is icon n*81, it's also writen on the spell itself once you've chosen an icon as you can see.
2QjkZXY.png

Last edited:

nanashiXz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perfect! I have reset the parameters for the IconSet arrays and the icons appear as needed. And your array isn't ugly! It looks like it mathces perfectly. So far each test has pulled up my janky looking icon until I put some better ones down. Unfortunately the script call with <setup array> is the one that will actually cast the spell (pass or fail no matter what), but the skill name won't be shown as a call as if the character casts it. On the other hand <whole array> will call the skill name, but won't cast. I'll leave it as is just in case I screw it up further. I can run other tests if you want.
Yeah, it's just like I thought You have put a wrong datatype into the parameters.
This plugins draws icon from your iconset to use as a way to display QTE inputs.
You're going to have to make or find icons for arrows and buttons you'd like to use, put them into your iconset and then reference their index in the plugin parameters.
Here's how it should look like.
rmfxM8d.png

No news about action sequences not working properly. Still have no idea what causes it.

Spoiler'd below is my very ugly template iconset for testing purposes.
kIn1wpj.png

Indexes start from 0 for the first empty space. You can find the iconindex without having to count by going into any window that has you choosing an icon and looking at the bottom left part of the UI window: notice how guard is icon n*81, it's also writen on the spell itself once you've chosen an icon as you can see.
2QjkZXY.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.
Back home now. I had a good time, but I had a checkup this morning so I had to come home for that. Now I'm just waiting for my therapist meeting tomorrow...
Decided to work on Wishful Wanda today. Since it's a BFB spinoff game, I decided to make the Huang brothers
Easter eggs! I'm actually pitching this to the BFDI team, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sernyx