RMMV
@Ragpuppy87 Here are more solutions if you prefer the Soulpour script:

Replace that third branch with Scene_Splash like this:
Code:
module SceneManager
  def self.first_scene_class
   if $BTEST
     Scene_Battle
   elsif DataManager.quicksave_file_exists?
     Scene_QuickLoadTitle
   else
     Scene_Splash
   end
  end
end
NB: This will skip the splashes when there is a Quicksave. I believe that since the version for the other script will NOT skip the splashes, it's probably the better choice.

If you want to make Soulpour's script work with mine by maintaining splashes when there is a quicksave, comment out or remove that entire section in my script and change def_update in the Soulpour from this:
Code:
def update
super
SceneManager.goto(Scene_Title)
Graphics.wait(400)
Graphics.fadeout(120)
end
to this:

Code:
def update
super
if DataManager.quicksave_file_exists?
SceneManager.goto(Scene_Title)
else
Scene_Manager.goto(Scene_QuickLoadTitle)
Graphics.wait(400)
Graphics.fadeout(120)
end
This would be better done with an aliased method but I'd need to try it out first and I don't have VXAce installed on any of my computers.

I may update the module in this script to allow you to designate the starting screen to improve compatibility, but again, I'd have to install VXAce first to work on it.

Thank you so much! I know that this thread was created years ago, so I really appreciate the fact that you and everyone else is still willing to offer help and updates.:cutesmile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I need a new option on YouTube that goes "Dont recommend videos/channels in this language because I do not speak it"
I've reconsidered having a subclass system for my first two games since there will already be plenty of variation in playable actors and usable items in the games. The third game will need it because of the basis for the story but I want the actors in the first two to be more focused in their roles.
Behold! The Sea Doggo.
I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x
Looked out side and couldn't see the neighbor's house through the snow. That age old Christmas song started going through my head. "It's a lovely day to say the heck at home."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenBratva