RMMV
@Ragpuppy87 Here are more solutions if you prefer the Soulpour script:

Replace that third branch with Scene_Splash like this:
Code:
module SceneManager
  def self.first_scene_class
   if $BTEST
     Scene_Battle
   elsif DataManager.quicksave_file_exists?
     Scene_QuickLoadTitle
   else
     Scene_Splash
   end
  end
end
NB: This will skip the splashes when there is a Quicksave. I believe that since the version for the other script will NOT skip the splashes, it's probably the better choice.

If you want to make Soulpour's script work with mine by maintaining splashes when there is a quicksave, comment out or remove that entire section in my script and change def_update in the Soulpour from this:
Code:
def update
super
SceneManager.goto(Scene_Title)
Graphics.wait(400)
Graphics.fadeout(120)
end
to this:

Code:
def update
super
if DataManager.quicksave_file_exists?
SceneManager.goto(Scene_Title)
else
Scene_Manager.goto(Scene_QuickLoadTitle)
Graphics.wait(400)
Graphics.fadeout(120)
end
This would be better done with an aliased method but I'd need to try it out first and I don't have VXAce installed on any of my computers.

I may update the module in this script to allow you to designate the starting screen to improve compatibility, but again, I'd have to install VXAce first to work on it.

Thank you so much! I know that this thread was created years ago, so I really appreciate the fact that you and everyone else is still willing to offer help and updates.:cutesmile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My book/game tackles racism alot so I've been watching the news and social media absorbing everything as unbiasedly as I can for research but as a proud Caribbean black man my emotions are a whirlwind right now.
I discovered the new English word "Secular religion" today It is an oxymoron word. Now, I wonder how many English words create per year? According to Global Language Monitor, around 5,400 new words are created every year; it's only the 1,000 or so deemed to be sufficiently widespread use that makes it into print. [I think it probably slangs or combines words] :kaoluv:
Is it normal that I love a game that I can't even play due to how bad I'm at it?
Anyone have advice for recruiting friends to bugtest with you? I had some buddies volunteer without me asking, and we agreed on dates and times... and they all just flaked...
A mousefolk sprite I made, I think I did good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lehamme