Quintessence, Emotional, 50 Shades...

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score

Animations Collection I: Quintessence is our first set of animations, created expertly for use in RPG Maker. This set of essentials is the first of many, and includes classical elemental spells, player skills, items, restoration and monster skills. A handy RPG Maker MV demo lets you see the animations in action, providing you with a fantastic alternative to the RTP.

For more information, click here.

Tyler Warren is at it again with a unique new pack. 50 Shades of Battle features silhouette monsters, perfect for those shadowy denizens and secret bosses. But the usefulness does not stop there! You can incorporate these silhouettes into your game logos and titles, giving you a great way to enhance your game.

For more information, check this out.

A new musician is joining our music family with a unique music pack themed around sorrow, grief and emotion. From simple nostalgia to earth-shattering revelations, let Emotional bring just the right depth and intensity to your scenes. This pack also features several vocal tracks, giving you the perfect tool for epic game trailers.

For more information, click here.

We hope you like these new products! We're thrilled to introduce two new artists, as well as a new and unique battler concept. As always, your comments and suggestions are much appreciated, as we strive to provide you with the best and most useful content!

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good use of 3D, wish rpg maker MV could make use of 3D stuff by default as well :/

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Animations in that Resource Pack look wonderful IMHO, I hope the creator will release a lot more packs with them, but looking at the name I think that will be the case. 

Tyler's battlers remind me about Heart of Darkness, do you guys remember it? It's that awesome old game for psx where u control that kid that has to fight\escape (die easily) from weird shadow monsters, eheheheh. The gothic\dark\Tim Burton vibes into them make them perfect also for games like Limbo or for Halloween ones.

Looking forward to hear the vocal tracks in the musical pack too, the sample track is very nice.

Great release.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That Emotional music pack could be useful in my next project, even as just an inspiration while writing.

Thanks!

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, some peeps went through a lot of work, did a great job and finally when it arrived I got new content to go through, CHEERS ;-)

So Tyler Warren's RTP Re-design Part 1 is considered now to be Tyler Warrens RPG Battlers - 4th... and I was really waiting for a part 2 of the Re-design.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Talk about perfect timing too, as I'm right in the middle of redoing the animations for my game! Plus, I'm right about at the point where my game needs shadows. Now my heroes better fear me (bwa ha ha ha).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeviTheHuman

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those animations look awesome. I hope we get more like them in the future. I also really liked the music pack. You could design some pretty interesting cut scenes using them.

Tyler Warren

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, some peeps went through a lot of work, did a great job and finally when it arrived I got new content to go through, CHEERS ;-)

So Tyler Warren's RTP Re-design Part 1 is considered now to be Tyler Warrens RPG Battlers - 4th... and I was really waiting for a part 2 of the Re-design.
Fel,  it's just the naming convention I settled into.   There will be a part two (shoot the pencils have been done for over a year), just need to work it into the life schedule, so don't give up hope!  I've got one major project ahead of it (due out this summer and not RPG Maker related), but then it's game on.

Tyler

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Fel,  it's just the naming convention I settled into.   There will be a part two (shoot the pencils have been done for over a year), just need to work it into the life schedule, so don't give up hope!  I've got one major project ahead of it (due out this summer and not RPG Maker related), but then it's game on.
That's great to hear, however don't listen too much on what I say since business related I consider myself rather unusual and eccentric. Ah yes and be careful on how much attention you give to pencils, they tend to take more and more of your time until they wake you early in the mornings and let you sleep only very late in the evenings, but thinking on the content of your last pack, you might have discovered that side of your pencils already ;-).

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have not listened to the whole album just yet, but the Emotional music pack is really quite awesome! Really great work!

Crazetex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
FINALLY, an animation pack! Awesome! Hope we get more like the name suggests. I love how quick they are while still looking amazing. :)

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Emotional music pack exceeds my expectations in terms of quality and variety. Suitable to used in all sorts of scenes, not just sorrowful ones. The vocal parts were better than I thought, and yet still can be used for more than just one specific scene. Seriously, this is the highest quality music pack I've encountered to date. Didn't regret paying full price for it for a second. It's more than worth the asking price, in my opinion.

The animations are of very high quality and pretty impressive. They're sufficient to replace the RTP animations, of which I'm happy to, especially since the pack name hints at future releases. At 60fps, they're really smooth. Love how the creator included a demo with the effects pre-animated and ready for use, as well as showcasing the use and potential of the animations. This is definitely not a pack to be missed. Although the style seems to suit PVgames's graphic packs well, it works for any other styles too, in my opinion.

As for Tyler's latest battler pack, don't frown on the monotonous colour of his battlers. They're pretty well made, and the style and curves of the battlers suit the theme very well. Shadowy denizens, scary imagination creatures that lurk in the dark, or those that spring from one's dreams... or nightmares.

Can't wait for more packs from these talented creators. :D

Geovid

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
Hi, I've a question about the quintessence pack.

the default fire1 animation in RMVX has multiple pieces, the fire pillar, the Flaming ground, the light smoke and an earth fissure, and you can use those parts to create different looking fire animations. Is there different pieces to your animations, or are they all like, single celled animations that you place one after another??

Last edited by a moderator:

hadecynn

Abyss of Oblivion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I've a question about the quintessence pack.

the default fire1 animation in RMVX has multiple pieces, the fire pillar, the Flaming ground, the light smoke and an earth fissure, and you can use those parts to create different looking fire animations. Is there different pieces to your animations, or are they all like, single celled animations that you place one after another??

@Geovid

First off, thank you for your interest in Quintessence!

From the results of a survey I did in the community regarding animations, I learned that a significant portion of the community didn't feel comfortable with making their own animation sequences, even within the editor in ways that you are suggesting. Therefore, out of consideration for ease-of-use and plug-and-play, all the animations were designed to be "self-contained" in the sense that you only need to put one frame after the next in the same location in order for them to work.

Having said that, I understand that a number of users such as yourself would prefer the option of having multiple "sheets" or layers that will allow you to mix and match different animations. While I can't guarantee anything at this point, an idea I have is to list out a number of possible freebie/version upgrade options (which would include this option of splitting animations into multiple sheets) that I can provide for the pack in the future, and letting the community vote to decide the priorities for which ones I work on first.

There's no timetable for the survey/upgrade yet, but the survey will be posted here, so you might want to bookmark this thread for future reference if you are interested:

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,

hadecynn

Geovid

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
Cool, thanks for the info & very nice animations! ^ ^

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@hadecynn Wow these animations are beautiful. It was an insta-buy for me yesterday and I don't regret it 100%. I do think the idea or way you have decided to do them is a good thing as people who don't know how to use the animations can just plug and play so to speak or like me where I'm doing tooons of other things in the game and this is a real time saver for me. Thank you so much for this. The rpg maker store really needed an animations pack. I can't wait for the next one, my games relying on it. ;)

hadecynn

Abyss of Oblivion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@hadecynn Wow these animations are beautiful. It was an insta-buy for me yesterday and I don't regret it 100%. I do think the idea or way you have decided to do them is a good thing as people who don't know how to use the animations can just plug and play so to speak or like me where I'm doing tooons of other things in the game and this is a real time saver for me. Thank you so much for this. The rpg maker store really needed an animations pack. I can't wait for the next one, my games relying on it. ;)

Thank you for your patronage and kind words!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.
I'm sorry about earlier. I have the most hate and the most love for my art at the same time. Felt bad about my thread because I wasn't listening, and because I made it out of a bad mindset to begin with. S'another Thursday for me.

The main character of the book)
Things you can say about your rpg maker project but not your bf/gf: I'm not super committed but it's fun to play around with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scrollstorm