R button changed on different pcs

vitowkinator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Greetings I am new to these forums and begged for help on the Steam forums for rpgmaker Vx Ace, a moderator asked me if i could mention this odd issue here so here i am.... I have a simple common event that uses a parallel process and a switch by pressing the R button which is C on my keyboard, which adds a bullet/ammo to a ranged weapon in my game. But for some reason it only works on my computer. On my friend's pc he told me the button was W on his keyboard, on my other friend'S pc nothing seemed to work or happen. The only scripts i use are Galv's multiple storage containers and Theo's inventory limit...

This is my original post on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/220700/discussions/0/1483235412213087587/

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The keyboard mapping is computer-based and can be changed if the player presses F1 ingame.
It sounds as if those friends of yours have their keyboard mapped differently.

This could have happened if they changes the keys for a different Ace-game, or simply because they live in countries where the keyboard layout is different from your own.

I think your best solution is to place a show text as a help in your game that tells players how to open the keyboard mapping with F1 and check their keyboard layout for learning (or changing) the key they need to press.

vitowkinator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you i'll see what i can do :) hopefully that's the only issue

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Product Discussion and Support' is for problems with a Non-RPG Maker Product or DLCs in general.
[move]RPGMaker VX Ace[/move]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Does anyone find this hard to read?

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?
If you enjoy speed mapping for RPG Maker MV check out my YouTube Channel. My latest video includes custom made tiles which makes a simple map look dynamic!

Check out my short game Hikari's World! : Chapter I, on itch.io/games.
An actual dwarf with an actual axe is not so fascinating as the fantasy counterpart...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekkoni