RMVXA [R13] Dubventure ACE (Game Available!!)

FishStickMystic

The Nerdiest Nerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The story follows YouTuber Dubious D as he ventures through Australia, Tasmania, and other various islands to find his missing scientist girlfriend, Dr. Lana Bug, after she disappeared a week ago. The Australian 'Tuber is awoken by a voice and soon learns that his girlfriend is involved with an Eternal Being who is looking for a gemstone that can grant wishes. Now, he must explore half of the globe and fight through an assortment of bosses with characters such as Ness from Earthbound and Freddy from Five Nights at F-boy's to find her and uncover what's been hiding in other realms.
Will he find her in time? Will she be alright? Why the hell is Freddy Fazbear in the game? Dubious will find out soon in Dubventure ACE!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENRE: RPG/Comedy
LANGUAGE: English
PLAYTIME: 5-6 hours

Hello all! Welcome to the page for my first game! I've been working on it since 2016 (though most of that was spent not working on it, haha). It's a fangame for a YouTuber I love that includes other characters as well. After months and months and months, I'm finally willing to show the public!

Currently, the game is in 0.9.0 because I did not finish the Epilogue and the Credits aren't working for some reason. Once I get those set, I'll post the game in completed works, unless you think it should be there already... I'm not sure. Please, let me know!

Note that this IS a PG-13 game! There are sexual references (not explicit imagery, however), usage of alcohol, and strong language! Play at your own discretion!

Also, know that you do not need to know the YouTuber to enjoy the game!! Trust me, I won't lie to ya.

• The Youtuber Dubious D!
  • The gorgeous lands of mainland Australia and Tasmania!
  • An unnecessarily dynamic, random array of video game characters (a.k.a. Ness from Earthbound, Freddy (from Five Nights at F-boy's (a different fan-game)), and others)!
  • Music from countless talented members of the RM community and some well-known video games!
  • The greatest mechanic you'll ever lay your eyes upon: your Phone (a.k.a. your portable bestiary and info book)!
  • "Puzzles" that make you question why I considered being a game maker!
  • A lot of cursing and sexual references!
  • An unnecessary epilogue (that is currently a WIP)!
  • The unskillful work of someone's first RPG Maker game! But don't worry! There aren't problems like in most first-time games! ... I hope!

Download the game here on the GameJolt page: https://gamejolt.com/games/dubventure_ace/187302
Make sure you have the RPG Maker VX Ace RunTime Package, which can be downloaded here: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages

Thanks for playing if you do!

SCREENSHOT TIME!
2.png 4.png 5.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you'll mind a bit, ElfKisser is the polar opposite of GoblinSlayer.
"Bury me as much as you want in this pain, I'll still rise to hug you again!"

Hero or masochist?

Lol these new tiles are looking cute. :B
Made with Country Woods (Available on the Store) and Country Woods II (w.i.p)
Turns out 4 layers is A LOT.
I noticed random Japanese dialogue in the FF7 remake while playing in English. More than once. Just now I saved a vid where Tifa spoke Japanese after a battle. We all make mistakes lol, this is kinda funny though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PasalReturning36