tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you now some plugin to make mini game like that?

Featherbrain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's more of a full game than a mini-game! I don't know of any single plugin that would do that. Nevertheless, I'm guessing you'd want to start by checking out the Mode7 plugin and see what you can do with that, as the lower half of that screen where the vehicle moves on the track is a Mode7 type perspective. The top half is a non-static parallax background that shifts along the x-axis based on player movement, so you might need a parallax plugin like Galv's Layers to handle that. Galv's Layers could also handle the on-screen HUD elements. I haven't used the Mode7 plugin and can't be sure but I imagine you could put something together that approximates that gameplay.

tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I don’t need necessary a mode7 because if you look closer you can see:
1. In movement is only the car (player) have three kinds of his graphic depend on distance (3 moves up is maximum) he is bigger or smaller. In this case I can use events what makeing different graphic character depends what you click - up or down, or for example space if you have a nitro :D

2. Background, gray color on the road and all grass are staying, only sometimes mountains as a picture going a little bit left or right when you turning.

3. In the movement we have only white lines on the road, car and bars. White lines and bars I can use as a plugin for moveing parallax on y for 10 for example and we have raceing game. Yes, yes the problem is in all this things when u have to turn left or right- but in my game I don’t need that. More I prefer destroying and killing enemies on the round.

4. Offcourse we can add all this huds and so one, but In my case I need only nitro picture - so to make better look - we can add a zoom, picture and nice animation when u going faster or when you destroying something.

Sounds good!
I’m going to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

YES! officially released my games soundtrack on Itunes, Spotify, and Amazon..... kinda cool!

Another old age version of Reid. Trying out different style.
Hey everyone! Not sure how many people know about Cafofo Music on Itch.io, but I highly recommend their Sound Effects! It is amazing quality AND quantity and best of all, they are having a 50% sale! I can't express how much I love sales.
Wow.... My last map GIF got 47 likes, 16 retweet and 2,105 views on Twitter in 24 hours. My game thread here's only got 3k views in 6-7 months. I guess building my Twitter was insanely worth it. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZeoValinferno