WidgetKitty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been stuck at home with internet down for a few days, and decided to try out my plan for five playable & NPCs races. I customized the bodies and parts in the generator a bit, and after two days had made 160+ people!

So, here they are:
NPCs.png

The floor tiles separate the five races, females in the top row and males in the lower rows of each section.
On the grey tiles we have the ten playable characters to choose from. (side note: someone suggested I create three appearance options making 30 playable characters - tedious but possible, what do you guys think?).
Taking up the bottom is the royal family and their soldiers, if that wasn't obvious. As for the five races, each are based on an element, and PCs will start with proficiency in their racial element. I haven't quite named them yet.

Air - tan skinned and pointed ears, and various shades of green hair. They tend to wear dark, protective clothes that ward off other elements interfering with the wind, which they're typically sensitive to. They have built magnificent floating sky-cities in the past, but few remain today and the people have spread all over. The last three generations of the royal family have been air folk.

Earth - dark skin tone and earthy hair colours. Thought to be the first humans on the continent, they are connected to stone and ground magic, for offence and healing. Most live in the central and Eastern provinces, and operate a lot of the country's shops and commerce.

Fire - the bushy-tailed, rodent-like people who emerged from Durf's volcanic caves centuries ago, and commonly found all over the continent, though many stick to the warm North-East mountains, some still in their ancestral lava-filled homes.

Lightning - pale with black freckles, and blue or violet hair, they tend to be the mechanics and inventors of the world, and can be found wherever their skills are needed. Their native lands are the rainy North-West provinces.

Water - reptile people who originally resided in mostly-submerged cities, all of which are in ruins after a disaster. They settled their differences to join the land dwellers and be safe in their towns, though they gravitate to coastal areas.

I still need to work out some things, like setting up different levels of racial abilities through classes. What do you guys think of my NPCs so far? Since I got this many made in a few days, strongly considering making more, to the point where I seldom repeat any. Thanks for having a look!

WidgetKitty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I went ahead on someone's advice and created 20 more playable characters. So now at the start you choose your character's gender, race, and one of three styles.

Here they are, what do you guys think?
PCs Front.png
PCs Side.png

I have some ideas for a side quest, where all 30 of these adventures are wandering in loot dungeons, except the one you choose, and have a quest or reward for talking to all of them.

Last edited:

WidgetKitty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One more thing, the faces really didn't match up, so I gave each PC an expression and zoomed in a bit, so here's a better look at them all:

PC Faces Female 1.png
PC Faces Female 2.png
PC Faces Female 3.png
PC Faces Male 1.png
PC Faces Male 2.png
PC Faces Male 3.png

dreamfall887

Sun Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I love all the different face expressions, they look so cute! :kaothx: Nice job creating all the sprites, that must have taken ages! :o I also like how all the races have their own element thats unique to them. :)

WidgetKitty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love all the different face expressions, they look so cute! :kaothx: Nice job creating all the sprites, that must have taken ages! :o I also like how all the races have their own element thats unique to them. :)
Thanks so much! Right now I'm using their profile sprites to make a quick happy/victory animation for cutscenes and finishing quests, then maybe a scared and angry expression for each. I haven't done pixel work in so long and missed it, and MV's sprite setup is fun to work with. One thing that took forever was creating the common events to switch to the right damage/victory/etc sprite and back again (happens a lot on maps), but finally have it working well. Just want to get these done so I can get back to map making and testing!

Any player will eventually need to learn the other four magic elements through a task if they want to complete every questline, but you always can choose which to start with through the character. Thanks again, looks like this idea'll work!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_single_firefly