Rachel the Seeker's Icons and Sprites (Previously Icewulf7)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX/Ace Resources' started by RachelTheSeeker, Apr 27, 2012.

1. RachelTheSeeker

RachelTheSeeker Suddenly, a summer breeze... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So! It just so happens that I know my way around sprites and frankenspriting, as I'd just recently realized. Probably thanks to my days making sprite comics on a cruddy Tripod site that were so lame they were funny, to be honest. As my talent with frankenspriting improved with me half-arsing less and less, and with the usage of both Paint.net AND MS Paint (used to only use the latter), well... got sprites in stock that I wanted to show off.

Terms of use? If you'd like to use my sprites, go for it; just credit me, okay? Also, PLEASE, also credit those who I got the basis of my sprites from. Furthermore, I'm making this "custom" sprites for a game I'm working on; on the off chance I actually -do- get this one off the ground and at least make it to a demo, keep in mind you'll see these sprites in that game.

~Last Updated: 6/11/15~

Made some new icons in celebration of VX Ace's 75% off Steam sale. And, finally created an iconset of all my icons thus far, that can be imported directly into VX Ace without hassle!

~The IconSet~

[​IMG]

Additional credit needed for some materials are:
    * Avadan (colors from his lion/tiger anthro sprite): Tiger person head base

* Terra-chan (fox anthro base sprites, as well as her dwarf head base and "Kenshin"-style kimono and hakama body parts): Samurai character sprites

* RainbowGrenade (Anthro face color scheme): Mouse ears

* Enterbrain: duh

~Sprites~

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    ~Anthro/"Furry" Head Bases~

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ~Generator Parts~

Ears09.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2015
  2. TengHu

TengHu The Handyman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Those bodyguards are looking cool. I could sure use them... :D

3. Strawberrycat24

Strawberrycat24 Yummy Kitty Member

First Language:
    English
    I love your furry parts n_n I hope you come up with more.

4. kingmakerspider

kingmakerspider That little devil... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wow! The 'furry' parts are really cool! I may use a few of those, and if I do I will CERTAINLY credit you! great job!

5. RachelTheSeeker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks for the lub, guys~ ^_^

So... have a new sprite up -- an icon, to be precise. Only have one for now, as this is the first time I tried to (professionally) make a sprite. Took me an hour of scanning a picture, outlining with pixels, resizing, coloring, resizing again, and recoloring to produce this bad boy. All for this wee l'il partisan/spontoon here! -->[​IMG]

6. Strawberrycat24

Strawberrycat24 Yummy Kitty Member

First Language:
    English
    flip that bad boy around and it can be a badass sword!

7. RachelTheSeeker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    ^ Huh... perhaps so. =P

Anywho. More sprites, ahoy! Pictured left to right: Baselard, claymore, sai, zweihander, cutlery knife, estoc, and nodachi.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

EDIT: Added in the aforementioned estoc, nodachi and cutlery knife.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
  8. King Galaxian

King Galaxian King Galaxian Veteran

First Language:
    American!
    Very impressive icons! Do you accept requests? Please say yes! I've got a few! And if you accept them, I'll let you have a copy of my rpg! Or....at least what I've got so far. I've almost completed my first chapter! It's called "The Lost Memoirs". It's non commercial, but still very fun! If you DO choose to take my requests, then here they are!

1: A Quhab. (Also known as a wrist blade, wrist spike, and suwwaiyha [At least I THINK that's how you spell it]. It's a type of Katar.) I'd like this quhab to be made completely of magic ice. (bluish glowing ice)

2: Tiger Claws: (Another type of Katar, or "Claw Class Weapon") This one needs to be made of the same type of ice as the previous one.

3: A Zweihander: Also made of the magic ice.

And finally, 4: A skean dhu: (A ceremonial scottish dagger) Also made of magic ice.

If you could help me out with this, I'd be SO happy.

9. RachelTheSeeker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you. And, sure, I will see what I can do about your requests -- probably the hardest one to find will be the quhab/suwwaiyha. I know they're in Diablo III as katar-class weapons, but I'm not 100% sure what they look like. As for the tiger claws, do you mean JRPG-style ones, that look like... these? Or, as I'm assuming, the tiger claws from India, also called 'bagh nakh', which look like... these?

(EDIT: removed the example sprites, as they are no longer on my ImageShack account where I've linked them from)

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
  10. King Galaxian

First Language:
    American!
    Funny. Here's my request page.

http://forums.rpgmak...-other-weapons/

So you know, that Icon you posted for the Bagh Nakh is actually fitting for the skean dhu/ Just a little alteration'd be nice. As for images, look at the link. I posted images there in my request. But so you know, the Tiger Claws in the picture I posted aren't entirely accurate. The claws all need to be parallel to eachother. Not angled. But yeah, there's pictures there for examples.

Thanks for deciding to help me out. :)

-EDIT-

And yes, I'd like it to be like the jrpg ones, but only with the weapon itself. No hand holding it. And I'd prefer it to be original.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012
  11. RachelTheSeeker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Well... here they are. Hope they turned out alright.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Just a note: the skean dhu's base sprite was one made by a person with the handle "Whitecat" -- be sure to credit him/her, at the very least, when using the icon. Otherwise, the other icons are made by myself. Also, sorry about the missing glow on the tip of the zweihander; couldn't keep it in there within the confines of a 24x24 icon, unless you'd like me to shorten parts of the icon.

12. x.hex

x.hex Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I don't know why. But it seems like I can't see the sprites you posted. It shows like a "Domain Unregistered" thingy... I want to see that though. :(

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012
  13. Shiro

Shiro Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey icewulf7, just wnated to give you a little feedback on your sprites. There very nice, but the bow on the waste seems to cause some major distortion especially when walking, you may wana patch that up a little. :)

Also interesting concept with the badger people.

14. King Galaxian

First Language:
    American!
  15. ShadowFox

ShadowFox Adventurer Member

First Language:
    English
    That furry stuff looks awesome.

They are not a ace character generator parts are they?

16. RachelTheSeeker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Back on the RPG Making scene. I present to you all my first generator part: mouse ears! The color scheme is credited to RainbowGrenade, as I'd used her anthro face generator parts as reference. Ears09.png

17. RachelTheSeeker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Speaking of new stuff, whipped this sampler up of icons: [​IMG]

GrandmaDeb likes this.
  18. RachelTheSeeker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Updates updates updates! I intend to make my own iconset (for now, at least), and as such am going through my favorite weapons. Listed in the opening reply of this thread is but a sample of what I had in mind.

19. RachelTheSeeker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey, folks. Late into last year, I got into making new icons. Soooo... here they are (and here, I hope I'm not gonna get into trouble for necroposting x_x)~

[​IMG]

First of all, check out this new condensed iconset for my older icons. Took those strays I posted separately, and combined them into new ones. I even took the liberty of editing a couple of icons that bugged me, leaving the original versions in but updating them. As far as I can tell, I made new or revised versions of my partisan (a sleeker new version), my plasma rifle (gave it a rifle stock as opposed to an assault rifle style stock), and my katana (gave it a visible outline all around the blade, not just the back of the blade).

[​IMG]

Three sprites here: a kris, a holy gauntlet, and claw gauntlets inspired by Shredder from TMNT's hand-claws.

[​IMG]

Mostly top-heavy weapons here. We have a club, a war hammer, a maul, a golden axe, a bearded axe, a shoddy knife, a magical dagger, a glaive-guisarme, a halberd, and a morning star.

[​IMG]

So I've noticed a distinct lack of polearms in most RPG Maker icon sets -- this batch is my attempt to correct that a bit. We've got a naboot (rattan or palmwood staff from an Egyptian martial art), a wood-cutter's axe, a magical two-handed sword, a cherry wood shepherd's crook, a double-bladed axe, a mace, a bamboo lance, an ordinary spear, a martial artist's staff, and a holy staff. I may just revise the double-bladed axe, though, as I'm not liking the unclear edge outlines.

In addition, I also made my main character (AKA, fursona) for fun, as well as made some lion-people sprites for an upcoming project. Check 'em out below.

[​IMG]

My fursona, in RPG Maker sprite form. Edited from the VX Ace character generator's sprites.

[​IMG]

My lion-people sprites, edited from VX Ace's character generator sprites; the little white lion girl, however, was edited from the default little girl sprite from the RTP.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
    Sir Edward Dewey and JiM83 like this.
  20. odinnightowl

odinnightowl Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    woot furry