RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
About time I created a thread like this. I've been a self-taught artist even since I could pick up a pencil. My works have evolved from stick figures, with oval bodies and feet with circle heads and hands, to better stuff than I give myself credit for. As you might guess, I specialize in fantasy-based furry art.

For my OP I'm sharing some recent favorites and older stuff I feel noteworthy, with notes about them and their associated canon. Breaking down all art shared by character. Welcome to my den.

My flagship character. Originally conceived as a Nala expy for my first "real" RPG Maker project that never was. She's the protagonist of "A Maned Lioness" and, someday, a longer JRPG titled A Lion in Scarlet. Her personality combines the hard and the soft of martial arts, along with other Confucianism ideas from Chinese culture -- kind and brave, but brash and vicious in battle. She's gone through a boatload of drafts, some of which I might feature here? The Leader of her Five Man Band, but also makes up for it in Heart too.
1579704579.racheltheseeker_scan_20200122__2_.png

A recent character made for a Dungeon World one-shot, then a D&D Planescape game as a sequel to a failed Tomb of Horrors run. Is the fifth and final party member for A Lion in Scarlet. She has a love of gallows humor (especially jabs at funerary cannibalism) and won't hold your hand, but believes her talents are best suited to drive others to fight for success. Easily the Lancer to Raziya's Leader.

Jengo is Raziya's bestie from their hometown. Although he comes off as easy-going, he's got quite a grudge that comes forth in battle. I've had trouble pinning down his canon outfit, so various drafts are here. In my canon, a warlock is akin to a Dark Knight from the Final Fantasy series. Insofar as his best pal's Five Man Band, Jengo is easily the Brawn and acts as a secondary Lancer to Nazreen.

Despite being Raziya's significant other (even in an open relationship), Maia hasn't been fleshed out nearly as much as other characters have yet? She's easily the Brains of the party's Five Man Band for ALiS (though Nazreen has her moments), and packs a sharp wit to match her brains, and lacks in brawn but makes up for it in agility and precision.

Another character who hasn't been fleshed out a whole lot, but one that's gotten more screen time than Maia. Despite being the team's blaster-caster, she's less of the Brains and more of the Heart for Raziya's Five Man Band. Was originally going to have her be a mouse-girl, but am working on making her the token human of the party. Representation matters. ;)

Already covered my fantasy cast... but what about my apocalyptic works? Here's the main character Dana, the Apocalypse Fox. She prefers to set out alone, and doesn't see herself so much a hero as a survivor. Nevertheless she's kicked butts for her own accord, but will kill to protect her loved ones.

This section's for art starring more than one of my own characters.

Section for my OCs that don't have enough art to warrant a section, or even fan art!

Section for non-character concept art, because I love designing and drawing armor and weapons.

"Calvin and Hobbes: Tygex World", which I drew in art class when I was young. The blue-cloaked tabby cat, Belle, is my first ever OC and began her life here.

PaladinRoxi

Dragon in a DeepSleep
Reaction score
First Language
English Only
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi! I have an OC in mind. Here!
Screenshot_2020-03-15-12-55-14.jpg
And yes i do use gacha.

justlexi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
Other
I wish that I can be as artistic as the other members of this community.

RachelTheSeeker

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Been a while. But with a return to RM Web, here's new art going forward! Also, for those interested in short fiction (even if first drafts) and my thoughts on stuff, I'd also like to share my writing blog. I'm also gonna share bits of writing after the picture spoilers, which I haven't uploaded to my writing blog yet.

"...sometimes makeup makes you feel faker than even a bad self-image can". For me, excessive makeup feels fake as all hell. I'd wear the minimum needed to pass as a cis woman, disregarding awesome outfits. The troubling thing is that an ex-friend and fellow MtF woman, who I doubt knows true happiness for long throughout her whole life, is really big on the stuff.

My first Dungeon World character, a Barbarian, from a defunct (and sorely-missed) campaign. Kiya began like as a proto-Raziya idea in a Pathfinder one-shot, before I used her. She's had quite an adventure, and while I'm great friends with my DW group, we had to shelve our current campaign because a key player ghosted.

Aralisi "the Fire", the chief goddess of my Leonine race. Based off Sekhmet, she's associated with fire, heroism (previously war), medicine, the exotic beasts of the savanna, and the sun. Of the trinity of gods, cosmic entities associated with Law (as opposed to the titans and Chaos), she represents the virtue of Valor (Wisdom and Charisma in D&D terms). I like to think Kiya, a devotee of Aralisi and questing to find the lost goddess in her campaign, took plenty of inspiration from this depiction of her wardrobe.

Calliope "Callie" Dimitriou, a Greek-inspired farm girl from a Dungeon World campaign. The game is ran by one of our usual players in my DW group, my usual GM, and a newcomer to the group. In her canon, Aralisi is a feared entity who, according to her chosen one Callie, wants to turn over a new leaf of healing and divine justice. Our Druid, whose gods are distant to avoid disrupting nature and humanity's dominion, fears more and more that Callie is just a mouthpiece to her patron.

Maia as a mercenary in a side-adventure in a grimdark fantasy setting. The group's actions wound up deciding a serious dilemma for the main heroes of that campaign. It, uh, was an unexpectedly tragic and meaningful turn of events, but hey. We survived all the challenges up to the twist ending! It's funny because Raziya, as "Ardent Flame", was a ghost in another side-adventure on RMN's Discord channel... and initially, Raziya and Maia would be in a relationship in their normal canons. XD

Fan art I drew for one of my favorite furry artists, CadmiumTea. He does traditional art so well, both clean and sensual. Once he provided a reference to a heartthrob among his cast, a trans lioness named Bianca, I just *had* to draw her with Raziya. Bianca is huge, and is deceptively strong due to internal bionics. Hence, Raziya's caught off guard by her hefting a filled treasure chest with minimal effort before a beastie battle. Y'know, despite Razzy conjuring mystical fire at her fingertips.

Don't think I've explicitly mentioned here, but I am a pagan. Specifically, one into a recreation of Ancient Egyptian beliefs, known as Kemetic Orthodoxy. This was a picture I drew and offered to Sekhmet (I also dig Thoth and can respect Set), which I hadn't scanned till recently.

This is a hyena-gal a friend approached me to draw for him, for a D&D play-by-post on Discord. She's a Monk-Psion, who has control over elemental powers and space-time. Well, *had* power over the latter, till her yellow eye was torn out. Given how Shaolin monks are done to death, I threw a traditional Chinese shirt over her as it's conflated with kung fu in place of a gi, etc. To match the color of her clothes, I also gave her qiang spear's brush a light blue instead of vermilion, to still be distracting. Lastly, the wavy forces in her hand are slashing winds, tinged purple by her psionic powers.

Though I shared it on the Draw This Again thread, wanted to share my redesigned plasma pistol for Dana. I think I drew the keychain trinket too big? :v

My entry to the Six Fanarts meme, suggested by my mutuals on RMN's Discord and Twitter!

Can you tell I was playing Soul Calibur 6 when I drew these? :p

Drawn for Frogge of RMN, featuring his lizard-dude OC, and a spoof of this Tumblr post.

"Let it be known to the court. With the evidence presented in this exhibit my client is, indeed, a cutie :3" My half of an art trade with Amysaurus here, of her lawyer catgirl Dina. In return, I asked for an awesome picture of my ranger foxgirl Dana!

"Didja know my old home had an awning like this? It never rains often in the desert, but when it did? The plinking of rain on the awning was always comforting. What a gift then, that the gods make it rain in this land all the time!" Gift art for an old friend of mine, originally from a Final Fantasy 9 fan site, with my Raziya comforting his Burmecian OC, Declan. Anatomy is off here, but its original goal to cheer him up succeeded.

Lastly, also shared on the Draw This Again thread, a redrawing of Kiara from The Lion King 2 as a monk-inspired warrior princess. Her staff is based off the Sanjiegun "spear" (normally a three-section staff in Chinese martial arts) from Bloodstained. Also used West African symbolism for her half-skirt's colors and symbols, as well as the Royal Soul Pendant from Adinkra symbolism in the older version. You can learn why I chose each color with the fololwing link, though I'm having trouble finding the two-diamond pattern reference... Kente Cloth Colors

The following prose pieces aren't on my writing blog at the time of my sharing them, but are on my Google Drive as docs.

When It Began: The origin myth of my fantasy setting, effective as I reboot it. The opening parts, prior to the other races' introductions, is inspired by the origin story of my current (and almost-concluded) Dungeon World campaign.

A Vixen No More: I rarely finish campaigns, and barely remember the last one I completed, years ago. didn't want this to happen to Seeds of Adventure, my Dungeon World campaign. This is a journal entry, partly non-canon to the in-game events, that tells the events of the campaign from my thief's perspective before the coming finale.

Nazreen's Motivation: In a Planescape campaign I'm in, done as a sequel to a failed Tomb of Horrors run using Pathfinder 1e, I'm playing as Nazreen. These are the final words that her beloved grandmother, a veteran shaman, had written to her. This is Naz's "with great power comes great responsibility", and the driving force of her actions in that canon and my own.

Another Verse, Unto An Endless Song: I was tasked with a recap for the second session of that campaign, as we had a new member joining into the episodic quest. Though the rhyme I created in-character for Nazreen is lost, this second song remains. I imagine Nazreen's music is somewhere between Evanescence and Disturbed in tone and themes, but this rare ballad was written in a key moment of character development.

For context? Acererak from Tomb of Horrors, a soul-stealing demi-lich, is trying to rule the Multiverse of the D&D setting. His zealots, the Advocates of Acererak, are winning influence among the once-peaceful Prime Material Plane. His demons and undead ravage the realms, and Nazreen is part of a team set forth in investigate the planes and find a way to stop him, from those who did witness and even defeat Acererak and his tomb before. Including our players' deceased heroes that failed before.

The Verses Four: Nazreen had started off as a Bard in a Dungeon World one-shot. These are a poem used to describe the bard's four uses of "Arcane Art", replicating the most common performances and magic of a D&D bard in DW.

Last edited:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Might be a bit weird (guess we all have our quirks lol) butt I love your weapons and equipement designs. Very solid and good detail on them and within realistic parameters xD

RachelTheSeeker

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you, @Finnuval! Can't say I'd be a fan of the martial arts if I went too ridiculous with weapon and equipment designs. I like fantastical weapons and all, but I also prefer realism for that sort of thing. It's the *fighter* that can be unrealistic, and even then I like knowing how the weapon is really used in martial arts.

Last edited:

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, @Finnuval! Can't say I'd be a fan of the martial arts if I went too ridiculous with weapon and equipment designs. I like fantastical weapons and all, but I also prefer realism for that sort of thing. It's the *fighter* than can be unrealistic, and even then I like knowing how the weapon is really used in martial arts.
I think that is a good approach xD
The historian, former MMA fighter and collector in me cringe whenever I see ridiulous designs that dont work lol so this makes me happy :)

RachelTheSeeker

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay. For some reason, the images are all loading for me now in the second art dump post. Removed the edited notes talking about the issues. But if anyone can't see them, please let me know? I'm really confused...

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can see them all if I am on my phone, only some when on pc... Dunno why

nilm

Character Art
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
It's great to see self-made artists publishing their work. It really helps inspire the rest of us!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People3_1 and People3_2 added!

Part 2 of my Audio Engine tutorial for MZ is out!
Come join our stream starting at 2pm and win cool stuff! :D
Star citizen just announced they will develop a roadmap for their planned roadmap...
And i thought i needed order on my project... :kaoswt2:
Big City Greens had it right:
"Always back up your brain game, that's what I like to say!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reeman326