RadiantCadenza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
GrungeManga_Headerr.png

Hello everyone. I'm a composer and graphic designer.

I've decided to start taking free requests because I have a few skills I need to get some more practice with, and making stuff for other people is a good way to branch out. 

Terms of use:

For music, pieces I post in this thread are clear for non-exclusive, non-commercial use for indie games. If you just nab whatever from my soundcloud account or my website, you might later find yourself on the business end of someone else's exclusivity contract, so please ask me first if there's something you happen to want to use.
Unless stated otherwise, all graphics I make in this thread are also for non-exclusive, non-commercial use. (Current exception: Logos and title screens will be exclusive to you. As they shouldn't be useful to anyone but you unless your title is really that generic. )

My general rule of thumb for commercial use is: "If you're making money, I'm making money." 

So for totally freely distributed games, you don't need to ask me for permission, though giving me a head's up when you use them is always appreciated so I can see them in action. Otherwise, if the game is being sold, you're earning some type of commission for making the game (*******, etc.), or it's earning some kind of advertising revenue, please contact me first about licensing fees. If your project isn't making any money, but might one day (You're planning a kickstarter, a contest entry or something like that, for example) then we can work something out. I'm also considering art trades and the like. 

All uses of my resources must be credited! "Radiant Cadenza", "Radiant Cadenza Studios" or "Malcolm Jones" are all acceptable names to credit. 

For graphics, my main specialty is graphics for user interfaces like menus and HUDs, as well as logos and typography. I am unable to make character sprites, tilesets, facesets, etc. that match the RTP style, so you're better off looking elsewhere for those. I have Luna Engine, so I'm able to make menu and HUD graphics for any Luna script. I should also be able to make skins for pretty much any freely available script, like Moghunter's battle HUD system.  

Without any further adieu, Samples: 

Logos and Title Screens

(These are only SAMPLES and you cannot use them)

Cosplay-Gladiators-Title-Logos.jpg
Monochrome-Typographic.jpg
Monster-Island2.jpg

Windowskins and Text Boxes

These may be used in non-commercial projects.

For message boxes, you need either a script (Galv has one), or use of the show picture command. Some re-sizing/cropping may be needed to fit your game. 

Gothic-Journal.png
Parchment-Plaque.png
Noir.png
WindowskinGothict.jpg

A somewhat grungy gothic inspired windowskin for dark fairy tales and the like. Tim Burton-ish

WindowskinParchment.jpg

Bland, Beige and Boring. Kind of like a framed diploma. That might be just what you need for the setting or character though.  

Screen4.png

The windowskin used in Goblin Noir: Cement Shoes are Highly Unfashionable. Black Boxes, white borders, maximum minimalism. 

Txtbox_RedGrunge.jpg

Download Here

Blood red, scratched up, torn, and slightly metallic. Meant for horror and violence. 

Txtbox_iText.jpg

Download Here

Specifically meant to copy the look that all the messenger programs are all adopting nowadays. Looks like skype, facebook chat, iOs mesenger, etc. 
Icons and Cursors.

Free for use in non-commercial projects. 

Note: I will probably be unable to to match RTP objects for icon requests. Typically I make things like System icons, navigation arrows and cursors. 

The cursors are intended for mouse scripts, but may work elsewhere. 

MoodIcons.png

Mood Icons. Intended for games that use moods as states. 

GemCursorIcons.png

Gemstone cursors for mouse scripts.

And finally, Music! 

For starters, you can poke around my soundcloud account just for samples.

The following tracks are included in the Steam Community DLC. If you want looping .ogg versions for RPG maker, please download that pack. 

But here are some stream-able previews:

Request forms: 

Music:

Give me as much of the following info as you feel is necessary:

Use of music: (Battle, town, dungeon, character theme, game over, etc.) 

Mood: (Sad, action, upbeat, etc.)

Theme: (the type of setting you're aiming for, mostly. Steampunk, sci-fi, lava cave, etc.)

Speed: (General ideas like fast vs. slow are okay, as are specific BPMs or BPM ranges)

Genre: (Honestly, I'm somewhat bad at keeping in specific subgenres and stuff, so if you try to get "industrial punk rock" out of me and get something that sounds too close to "industrial metal" for your tastes... oh well. I tried. I tend to mix genres often too, so the more general this is the better, but if you want something more classical sounding, or hard rock, or electronic, etc. I'll definitely try to honor that. Another note, I lack examples of it, but I can also do atmospheric soundscapes) 

Specific instruments: (If you would like any specific instruments in the ensemble let me know and I'll try to fit them in if I have the sounds available.)

Any lastly, any other information you have about your game that you feel will help me to make something that fits your vision. 

Links to you're game's page/thread, etc. are also welcome. You can also give me sample/example tracks if needed. 

Title Logos:

Name of game:

Any slogans or subtitles to include:

Theme of game/logo: (Sci-fi, High fantasy, steampunk, etc.)

Preferred colors:

Preferred graphical elements (If you want gears, circuits, stone textures, flames, any of that kind of stuff) If you HAVE a graphic you want included or used as a base or background, send it to me or attach it. 

Style and layout of Logo: Describe what you want. You're free to use example logos if you like. Examples of "style" might be cartoony, cutesy, elegant, minimalistic, and so on. Layout is if you want the text or images arranged in a certain manner, like as an emblem, or with prominent initials, one word bigger than the other, things like that. 

And then any other information about your game that you feel I should know to help better capture it in a logo. 

Copyright Note: For free title logos, I may use stock graphics for graphical elements. I ONLY use stock graphics that are cleared for commercial use which I have the copyright permissions to use, but anything that includes such stock cannot be trademarked. Basically, this shouldn't matter for 99% of you, and if you're in the position where you need a trademarked logo, you should certainly be paying for the thing. 
For menu and HUD skins and such, it's such an individualized thing that it's hard to write a standard from. Just describe what you need, using the logo template as a starting point. Make sure you include what size you need the graphics to be.  Mockups are appreciated. If it's a detailed request feel free to PM me so we can discuss it in detail without clogging up the thread with a lot of back-and-forth. 

For simple stuff like cursors a simple "I'd like some mouse cursors that look like __________" is usually about enough info for me to go on. Though remember the more details the better if you need anything specific like a certain color or style. 

Current slots: 

1. Vis_Mage- Project Perfection Games

2.GameOfTheDungeons

4.EliteKilljoy- Spirit of the Pack

5. Vis_Mage- The Era of Perfection

Unless I specifically tell you I'm working on your request, and your name is here, assume I'm not. 

Last edited by a moderator:

RadiantCadenza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry for the double post, but I'd like to reserve the second post in this thread so I can post filled requests and keep them organized. The OP might get a little long once I keep adding more preview pics.

So, mods, if I'm not allowed to do that then you can delete this post.  Sorry. 

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Name of game: Chaotic Light

Any slogans or subtitles to include: none

Theme of game/logo: Fantasy

Preferred colors: Greys and whites

Preferred graphical elements:

Style and layout of Logo: Style should be serious and the word Light should be under the word Chaotic.  Light should also be indented compared to Chaotic.  A crystal (like the ones found in the rtp for vx ace) shoudl be to the left of the title (outline only).

I only want the logo only (using a map as a background).

Also, thanks in advance.  :)

EliteKilljoy

Beta Tester, English Proofer, German Translator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Would I be able to request a logo for a company?

If so, do you want any different specifics int he request form?

RadiantCadenza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Name of game: Chaotic Light
I tried out a couple of concepts, are either of these along the lines of what you're looking for? Note that this ISN'T the final file, and the blue background is only so that you can see which parts are actually white and which parts are transparent. (It doesn't show on the forum's white background) I had a couple ways to interpret "serious," but since you asked for light colors I was thinking along the lines of something a little more simple and under-stated. I can edit/combine either of them as necessary, or go back to the drawing board if this isn't the direction you had in mind. I'll send you a properly transparent version once it's finalized.

Would I be able to request a logo for a company?

If so, do you want any different specifics int he request form?
Sure. Come to think of it, the samples in that sheet of simple typography logos are mainly company logos. The ToS still applies though, so if your company is more of a non-profit hobby group, something like a non-monetized youtube channel, or it's for some type of in-game fictional organization then there are no issues there. If it's for an actual money-making company and you want to use the logo to advertise paid goods or services, I would request a small donation to the Radiant Cadenza "Oh dear god I'm drowning in student loan debt" college fund, in exchange for a commercial use license. 

As for the form, I'm not too strict on form formats anyways, I honestly mostly just have one because the rules say to, and it does streamline things a bit. As long as I have enough details to go on to give you what you actually want, that's what matters. So using the game form as a baseline, just use your common sense and adjust as needed to fit your company. For things like mood and theme, you might consider what type of branding image you're trying to give your company; budget vs. luxury, mature vs. family friendly, masculine vs. feminine, modern vs. classic, casual vs. formal. etc. 

Chaotic Light Concept Previews.jpg

EliteKilljoy

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awesome! I'm heading to bed soon, so I'll post a request in the morning?

AwesomeCool

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@RadiantCadenza - I like the top font and word layout and the bottom crystal symbol.  Combine those two and it should be good.  :)

RadiantCadenza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome! I'm heading to bed soon, so I'll post a request in the morning?
Sure, the thread should still be here, assuming a meteor doesn't land on the forum servers overnight or something. 

And AwesomeCool, here's the combination. Both a glowy and not-quite-so-glowy version. (Highly technical graphic design terms, I know) 

Let me know if you need a different file format or size. I just assumed a .png around this size should cover most people's RPG maker needs. 

ChaoticLight_OuterGlow.png

ChaoticLight_Noglow.png

AwesomeCool

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks man they are perfect for what I need.  :)

EliteKilljoy

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Name of company: Loud Walrus Games
Any slogans or subtitles to include: N/A
Theme of game/logo: Silly
Preferred colors: just play around and see what you think looks good
Preferred graphical elements: I want there to be a walrus, of course, maybe with either music notes or sound lines (if that makes sense?) coming from its mouth
Style and layout of Logo: Not sure if I want it horizontal or vertical.....would it be difficult to make one of each so I can see? Sorry!

I was wondering if I could also request a title screen for my game? If you want me to wait, I can. If you want to do it, I'll put it in a spoiler below:

Name of game: Spirit of the PackAny slogans or subtitles to include: A Wolf RPG
Theme of game/logo: Realism at first, then fantasy
Preferred colors: Light blues, grays, maybe some light greens
Preferred graphical elements: I would like a howling wolf in these colors, too, in a sort of geo. shape (examples here). The font should look kinda fantastical.

Style and layout of Logo: This is pretty much up to you.

Vis_Mage

Wisp Charmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! 
smile.png

I've looked through some of the great work you have done, and was hoping to request two pieces from you, a company logo and a game title. I'm unsure of your policy on making multiple requests, so just let me know if this poses an issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly, the company logo:

Name of company: Project Perfection Games

Any slogans or subtitles to include: ---

Theme of game/logo: A mix of fantasy, with a bit of steampunk.

Preferred colors: I'm afraid I don't have much insight here. If you could, play around with a few color combinations, and select one that looks fitting.

Preferred graphical elements: Our games are primarily olden-fantasy style, but with futuristic elements at certain points. Perhaps the logo could somehow incorporate a Sword, Magic (A staff perhaps?), and a Gear in it somehow. I'm not sure if you're particularly fond of adding imagery in logos, so don't feel that you need to do so, it's just an idea.

Style and layout of Logo: Something that looks professional, yet inviting. Something that doesn't appear stiff, and tight around the edges.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Secondly, the game title:

Name of game: The Era of Perfection

Any slogans or subtitles to include: ---

Theme of game/logo: A mix of fantasy, with a bit of steampunk.

Preferred colors: Again, I'm afraid I don't have much insight here. 

Preferred graphical elements: The game largely fallows a traveling magician, so perhaps something "magical", but not in the sense of "all is good in the world" kind of magical, as there are several very serious problems the cast must come to heart with throughout their voyage. Perhaps some potions and some general alchemy ingredients (such as a flower, leafy plants, ext), or perhaps a sword and staff. I'm going for an overall feel here opposed to a particular graphic.

Style and layout of Logo: I'm not too sure what to add here that isn't restating what I said above, sorry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, if it isn't too much to ask, could you provide one copy with a background, and one without, that is if either do end up have a background.

Lastly, I do want to make note of something. I've been mulling the idea of starting a kickstarter in my mind for some time now. This wouldn't happen for a fair while yet, nor do I know if I will end up doing so, but I wanted to let you know ahead of time that it is a possibility in case we had to work anything out.

I hope I was able to give you enough information, let me know if you need me to elaborate on anything I did (or didn't) mention. Thanks!~

RadiantCadenza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EliteKilljoy:

I'll be honest, cute cartoony illustrations aren't really my forte, and anatomy is a weak point of mine, so that goes doubly so for animals and humanoid characters. Normally for my professional work, I'd outsource those types of illustrations to an actual illustrator.

I gave the walrus a shot, though I might have overshot my aim of making it simplistic and cartoony because it's kind of approaching "looks like it was drawn in MS paint" territory. If that works for you, great, but I can try to tweak it a little more if this is close, but not quite close enough. If it's completely off base, I'm not sure how much better I can draw a walrus on the second attempt, but no hard feelings if you're not feeling the walrus. 

I took a couple liberties and gave the Walrus a megaphone instead of adding sound lines. If I keep the "Shouting the title out of a megaphone" concept, this is really the only layout that works, though if I put soundlines there instead, I could make the circle wider and put the text in it, making the whole thing more emblem-like instead. 

Vis_Mage:

What sort of flavor are you thinking with the "bit of steampunk?"

Is it more victorian-ish steampunk look, kind of shiny and new with lots of polished brass and varnished wood?

More of a steel military hardware sort of steampunk with grey tones and battle damage?

Post apocalyptic junkyard kind of steampunk with old, rusty gadgets? 

Or more like magi-tech gadgets, maybe with glowing runes and such that kind of skate the line between steampunk and sci-fi asthetics? 

That'll influence the types of colors and textures I'd want to work with and how I mix it with the standard fantasy elements. 

As for imagery, things like swords or gears are no problem for me.

I didn't really take multi-requests into account at first, so I don't have any kind of actual policy towards them. I think in general, for both of you and for anyone else that comes along, I'll take multi requests one at a time, and let a few other people in line before coming back around to the second request. I'm not strictly following a first-come-first-served model, since the complexity of the request will also be taken into account, but I'll try to give everyone a fair turn if I can. 

Loud Walrus.png

Vis_Mage

Wisp Charmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My bad for not really explaining what I meant by steampunk. I originally had in mind for it to mainly victorian style, but now that you bring it up, the idea of combining the victorian style base with either the run down (apocalyptic) appearance, or even a runic-esque touch could look really neat. Nonetheless, largely victorian is what I was getting at.

EliteKilljoy

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's really cute and I love the layout, but I an a bit bothered by the walrus. Would you be able to use an image or something? Or take the silluette of an image?

RadiantCadenza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have determined how much better I am able to draw a walrus on the second attempt. (Using 'how to draw' instructions intended for children. ehehehe-) 

How does this one work for you?

Loud Walrus Games.png

It's tough to get a good silhouette out of a walrus since it's just kind of a bloby shape. There are some public domain wallrus illustrations I found:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/artvintage1800s/16070566776

https://www.flickr.com/photos/artvintage1800s/15909481990

https://www.flickr.com/photos/artvintage1800s/15991212608

https://openclipart.org/search/?query=walrus

Stylistically, the cute, cartoony sort of vibe I've been going for would clash with the first few, and (in my own biased opinion) the stuff on open clip-art isn't really any better than what I was able to draw in this case. I didn't find any other free clip art that I can guarantee is clear for this type of use. I found the kid's how-to-draw instructions while looking for those, so I decided to give it a try first before trying to make something out of these images. 

EliteKilljoy

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I do like that one more! One thing though (sorry!). On first glance, the tail flippers look a bit strange. Upon looking at it more, I understand the position, but it took awhile. Would there be an easy way for you to just redraw them flat on the ground?

EliteKilljoy

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Much! Thanks so much!

Oguz

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Game title: Game of the Dungeons

Additional Text under Main Title: "Dungeon Time!"

A long time, looking for a logo for own game. I found that I wanted a logo in style as a result. I will happy if you can make a new logo for me as it's logo.

Thank you so much

image.jpg

RadiantCadenza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Vis-Mage:

So, here's a potential concept on the Project Perfection Games logo.

project perfection Concept.jpg

I was going for the look of branded leather with a bronze nameplate. I think it matches a steampunk look aesthetically, but without going full-tilt on clockwork and gears, so it would also be perfectly at home in a pure fantasy setting. 

I know you also need a no background version, and because of the concept it'll take some tweaking to make it work without the leather behind it, so I wanted to check in with you to see if this is to your taste and fits your needs or if I need to go back to the drawing board, before I start making alts. 

Gameofthedungeons:

And here's a logo inspired by your sample. Does this fit what you want? 

Game of The Dungeons.png

Because of the length of your title, the same layout as the sample doesn't quite work, so I centered the subtitle instead. 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My first game is gonna be a really ambitious one. But it's costing me a lot of money to make lol. it'll be worth it though
Ugh...Guests always put the Ketchup in the fridge....bloody savages the lot of them! :)
daysbetweendatescalculator.jpg
It may be useful for some weird purposes in the game and outside the game.:kaojoy:
I'm taking a break from Game Work to actually play a game (NEO: The World Ends With You) and I'm terrified that I'm gonna lose the drive for my project, since prior to picking up NEO, I'd been doing at least a little bit of work on the project each day ahhh. My brain is very much an "all or nothing" kind of brain, sigh.
bandicam 2021-08-05 15-10-37-143.png
Configuration menu and icons test

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
srabon