English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Name of game: The Divine Hero

Any slogans or subtitles to include: None

Theme of game/logo: Fantasy

Preferred colors: None.

Preferred graphical elements: None

Style and layout of Logo: I would like to have angel wings attached the the Logo/Title.

This is all I want, thanks!  :D  

Phantasm Rising

A Toaster
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Name of game: Abyssian

Any slogans or subtitles to include: n/a

Theme of game: High fantasy with cosmic undertones. Not planetary cosmic, but a more eldritch cosmic, clouds of celestial milk in ink if that makes sense

Preferred colors: black, deep purple, deep blue, purple, green, gray, and red

Preferred graphical elements: stone bricks, trees, mountains, stars

Style and layout of Logo: A tower in the mountains reaching skyward, into space. The logo should be top-centered, white, with the look of being scratched into existence.

As you can see by my face Icon, I have extremely limited talent in the digital arts  :(  I would greatly appreciate anything created, if you are so inclined :cutesmile:  

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Free music, yay! *-*

I would like to make a request for a battle BGM!

Use of music: Boss Battle

Mood: Action, with some sad emotions...

Theme: I am not sure what should I write here, but I will try to explain what happens in this boss battle... The main hero is forced to fight with someone who is very close to him... High tension, high emotions.

Speed: Starting slowly and get's faster after some time. Than after the fast part gets to the fastest part, I would like a sudden slowing point, almost like a full-stop/complete breakdown of the music. After the breakdown, a 1-2 seconds silence, some slow parts and it repeats from the start here.

Genre: Melodic metal/metal-core, highly guitar focused. If you need some exact examples for identifying the genre, I would suggest Five Finger Death Punch, their slower songs, mixed with some of their quicker guitar solos. I don't want any vocals, obviously. :D

Specific instruments: Aside from the guitar and drum, I don't have any specific instruments in mind. I will leave it to you to decide what else fits into the theme.

Some examples from other games (soundtracks):

The Last Remnant: Gates of Hell

Star Ocean 3 - Till the End of Time: The Divine Spirit of Language

Tales of the Abyss: Meaning of Birth, Finish the Promise and the opening theme.

The BGM I aim for is something between the Meaning of Birth and the opening theme (the US version, not the one with the high pitched japanish/korean voice over!) from Tales of the Abyss. The Meaning of Birth is a song based on the opening theme but it has much more emotions in it and is slower.

Another example would be to use something like the Meaning of Birth for the slow parts and something like the Divine Spirit of Language for the fast parts.

I hope I explained what I want clearly enough. The examples are meant to be guidelines only, not a strict thing to follow. If you manage to make me something similar, I would be very grateful! *-*

Oguz

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Gameofthedungeons:

And here's a logo inspired by your sample. Does this fit what you want?

Game of The Dungeons.png

Because of the length of your title, the same layout as the sample doesn't quite work, so I centered the subtitle instead.
Yes, a bit of a long title, but I think this is a good example. Thank you for your interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

RadiantCadenza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm about to be snowed in for a day or two, so let's see if I can catch back up with these. (Got a little delayed since my paid jobs take priority) 

XenonProductions, I just gave yours a shot. Not sure if this is the sort of thing you had in mind. 

This one is going to need a darker background for the wings to stand out. The white parts of the wings don't show on a white background (Like this forum) I went with blue/white for a sorta "heavenly" motif, but if you're planning on having clouds on your title screen, this won't show up well at all, I'm afraid. 

I also did a version where I tinted the text pink because it makes it stand out against the wings a little better, but it also looks a little more feminine, and I'm not sure if that works for you, so I'll include it as a possible alt. 

Let me know if these fill your needs or if you'd like me to change it or try something else. 

Phantasm Rising, You need a full titlescreen with a background, right? I'm assuming you're using the default game window size/resolution then? (Just checking so that I make it the right size)

Sixth: Sweet, first music request of the thread. Starting on it now, though with the needed tempo shifts, it'll need to be a somewhat longer piece so it'll likewise take me a little longer to finish it. 

DivineHero1.png

DivineHero2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Phantasm Rising

A Toaster
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm about to be snowed in for a day or two, so let's see if I can catch back up with these. (Got a little delayed since my paid jobs take priority) 

XenonProductions, I just gave yours a shot. Not sure if this is the sort of thing you had in mind. 

This one is going to need a darker background for the wings to stand out. The white parts of the wings don't show on a white background (Like this forum) I went with blue/white for a sorta "heavenly" motif, but if you're planning on having clouds on your title screen, this won't show up well at all, I'm afraid. 

I also did a version where I tinted the text pink because it makes it stand out against the wings a little better, but it also looks a little more feminine, and I'm not sure if that works for you, so I'll include it as a possible alt. 

Let me know if these fill your needs or if you'd like me to change it or try something else. 

Phantasm Rising, You need a full titlescreen with a background, right? I'm assuming you're using the default game window size/resolution then? (Just checking so that I make it the right size)

Sixth: Sweet, first music request of the thread. Starting on it now, though with the needed tempo shifts, it'll need to be a somewhat longer piece so it'll likewise take me a little longer to finish it. 
What a coincidence I'm about to be snowed in too! I do need a full title screen with a background and for the resolution I'm using 640x416. I should have mentioned that initially, but it slipped my mind  :( . Thank you, very much  :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For a long time I always consider XP soundtracks as the best one.
Just listened to some of MZ tracks from the free version.
It's... Quite mindblowing. xD
Only listened to the battles, towns, and fields.
But I'm sure the rest are equally good. :D
What do you guys want to see for the new Jump into Javascript? A continuation of the rpg_objects, or would you prefer a "lesson 0" where I go back to the absolute basics of Javascript and cover the fundamentals of the language and its construction?
Hey RPG members!!

How do you finish projects? Some new game developers start off strong but end up losing momentum. What keeps you motivated while working on new projects?
Feeling wee sleepy.. ZzzZ
So many threads to move to the right place. My post count is awesome, but 95% of it is due to moving things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxsampahxx