radiostarkiller's miscellany!

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by sai, Apr 19, 2013.

1. sai

sai devourer of eggs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So, I'm usually a lurker on most forums, but I figured I'd at least participate somewhat, haha...anyway, I'll be posting artwork here, mostly for a game I'm working on with some friends.

Starting with some old stuff first, then going onto more recent works! Images under spoilers.

Rough Character Portraits

[​IMG]
    Daryl, the protagonist.
    [​IMG]
    Valdis, the antagonist.
     [​IMG]
    Matthias, a support lead.
    Rough Illustrations and Concepts, I guess?

[​IMG]

Initial designs for Daryl (both as child and adult), Daryl's father, Valdis, and Matthias (child and adult). A lot of white spots because I whited out some story details I don't feel comfortable sharing quite yet, haha.;;

[​IMG]

Alternate form of Daryl????
    [​IMG]

Matthias and Valdis doodles.

[​IMG]

WIP for a bigger picture?
    I'll probably post some more stuff once I snap some photos from the ol' sketchbook. Anyway, yeaaahhh.../crawls back into hole

2. Filius Rex

Filius Rex Lv 999 procrastinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wow, I really like your art style! Keep up the good work :)

3. Jawnsunn

Jawnsunn glass cannon Member

First Language:
    English
    Good stuff, man! I really dig that artstyle of yours.

4. sai

First Language:
    English
    @Filius Rex and Jawnsunn: Thanks, guys! Glad you guys like my stuff, haha. <:

Working on some character art today! Feeling inspired by Kimihiko Fujisaka's work, so I've thrown in some more detail than usual.

EDIT: Putting up another character!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
  5. sai

First Language:
    English
    Haven't done a lot as of late, since work's been getting in the way, haha. Quick mock-up of a title screen image plus title logo thing whatever. Still needs work, though.

[​IMG]

EvilEagles and Jawnsunn like this.
  6. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

I really like your style and your character designs. Matthias is my favorite. I just love his expression. :)

Keep at it!

7. sai

First Language:
    English
    @Lunarea: Thanks a lot! Hehe, yeah, Matthias is intended to be a goofy guy, and his expressions tend to be fun to draw. <:

And now for something somewhat different! Posting some pencil doodles~

[​IMG]

A rough sketch of younger Daryl taking up her main weapon. Also some floating semi-realistic Daryl and Matthias heads.
    [​IMG]

I got frustrated at the floating Daryl headshot in the first image, since I made her look too Asian, lol. So I did another attempt at more semi-realism. Also Matthias has dimples.
    [​IMG]
    WIP of cutscene art!

8. Lunarea

Matthias' grin in the second picture is just way too adorable. And those dimples! :wub:

I know semi-realistic or realistic is harder and more time-consuming to draw, but I really hope to see lots and lots more of it from you. Even in the messy-sketch stage, it looks absolutely wonderful.

9. sai

First Language:
    English
    @Lunarea: Haha, thank you! <: I actually like drawing semi-realistic a lot, it just really sucks I don't have a lot of time for it, weh.

Work's been killing me, and I'm not seeing any days off soon, so the draws have been few lately, wehhhhhhh.

[​IMG]

Quick doodle in a different style.

[​IMG]

Alternate outfit??? I actually just wanted to draw the fuzz collar. Also I need to draw other characters aside from Daryl orz

Makio-Kuta likes this.
  10. cosmickitty

cosmickitty Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I love your characters faces, they have so much personality :)

11. sai

First Language:
    English
    @cosmickitty: Thank you! Faces used to be my weakness, and I'm glad that their personalities are showing through. <:

Now for something completely different! Monster designs! I stink at them, but eh, I like to consider these drawings and myself a work-in-progress lol. But basically, I wanted my monsters to look moreso disturbing. Also features Daryl wondering why all these monsters are so huge.

[​IMG]

A golem concept. He used to be friendly, but the main villain ends up fricking his sheep up. The corrupted golem wears dead bodies on himself.

[​IMG]

I wanted to draw a creepy monster. I think I should rethink some of the design. A monster that looks like he's wearing socks isn't very scary, huh?

[​IMG]

This one's a shapeshifter. I dunno why I gave him two mouths but it looked cool at the time. I guess the smaller one can be used for snacks.

12. PentagonBuddy

PentagonBuddy Out To Lunch Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You've got a solid understanding of a lot of basics, and variety in styles. Looks nice! I think it's especially noteworthy you have a fairly anime-esque vibe to a lot of faces, without slipping into sameface.

13. sai

First Language:
    English
    @PentagonBuddy: Thanks! Admittedly, it's a been a challenge to get away from sameface, as I used to do so before, but I'm glad my efforts are paying off. <:

Haven't been doing too much, unfortunately. I've been too busy peeing myself due to Attack on Titan. Oh and work and stuff, too.

Anyway, here's an Eren WIP! I'll probably post more stuff tomorrow, hopefully game-related. <:

[​IMG]

Chaos Avian and Hirei like this.
  14. sai

First Language:
    English
    Alrighty, some more stuff! <:

This first image is of Rylia (Daryl's mother), Darius (Daryl's father), and Valdis at a much younger age. They used to be party members and Darius and Valdis never really got along/really liked Rylia. Rylia's the type to space out, though, lol.

[​IMG]

This second image is a WIP of a cutscene image. Takes place right before the first fight between Daryl and Valdis. I guess this is a nice glimpse of how my preliminary sketches look, too.

[​IMG]

Third image is a short comic with Valdis and Daryl. I actually just wanted to draw Daryl pissed off.

[​IMG]

And lastly some OTP goodness that's not game-related, hruhrurhrurhurhruhr.

[​IMG]

15. Lunarea

I love the comic. You have a good eye for positioning and positive/negative space. :)

16. seita

seita Donn_M Veteran

First Language:
    English
    very impressive work, I'd ask you if you could do some concept art for my project if you weren't too busy

17. sai

First Language:
    English
    @Lunarea: Thanks! I guess having done some webcomics before help with that, haha. But in truth, little comics here and there help me build up scenarios and character development~

@seita: Thank you! I could most likely do concept art for you, but they'll have to be commissions. If you think you'd be up to paying for art, feel free to PM me and we can work out details there. <:

Not much today, unfortunately. Trying to get back into a drawing swing of things is getting a bit tough...sometimes my sequential pieces tend to make sense to only myself, though, haha. I'll pass on descriptions for this particular thing, though. <:

[​IMG] 

RyanA likes this.
  18. RyanA

RyanA Happy Cat Veteran

First Language:
    English
    We require MOAR art! :3

19. Hirei

Hirei Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Keep up the amazing work ;w;

20. sai

First Language:
    English
    @RyanA: Maybe if I had more time on my hands, I'd crank out more! /sobs

@Hirei: dsjalkthank you! And you do the same! Draw moooooorreeeee~

So I colored some busts on stream earlier this morning!

Here's a full sheet for Daryl! Don't mind the random dots, I was copy-pasting the color layers lol.

[​IMG]

I also started on Matthias' bust sheet. Might tweak it a bit more, weh. This is the bust at full size. C:

[​IMG] 

More in due time! <: 

Hirei and seita like this.