RMXP Railroad Tracks

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by drinkerofmilk, Jun 22, 2018.

1. drinkerofmilk

drinkerofmilk lactic afficionado Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Railroad Tracks

Devoid of all memory, a small pierrot awakens early one Oktober morning, down by an abandoned railway line. Help him navigate his mysterious world, but beware, for the further he wanders from the rigid safety of the railroad, the more unsettling his surroundings become. . .

entry.png

Gameplay

Railroad tracks is an exploration based adventure game about a lonely circus artist who has fallen into amnesia. The goal of the game is to recover his lost memories. As you progress through his surreal twilight world, certain events and areas evoke vivid episodes of involuntary recollection that recall his unsettling past. And what are those demons that lurk around?

Genre: exploration/adventure
    Game length: 6-8 hours
    Ages: 12+

Screenshots

NESphonebooth.png

redskyline.png

fence.png

NESrailstairs.png

Game Instructions

Movement: arrow keys
    Enter/Exit Menu: [X]
    Select/Save: [C]
    Fullscreen: [Alt] + [Enter]

Once collected, memories can be selected from the in-game menu in order to transport Pierrot back to the place where the memory was initially found. After collecting all 16 memories, endgame is unlocked.

Download Link

http://socah.itch.io/railroadtracks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2018
  2. RaynRayn

RaynRayn Kcalb Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The game looks so interesting, and I wish I could play, but my computer refuses to run it.... Maybe another time when I figure out how to fix it!

3. drinkerofmilk

drinkerofmilk lactic afficionado Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Sad to hear it didn't run, and thanks for trying. If you think the issues are not being caused at your end you could give me some info on your system (like what operating system, 32 or 64 bit, any other peculiarities), and I will see if I can reproduce the error.

For what I have seen until now the game runs stable on all versions of Windows from XP onward, but I am keen on patching any issues you may have.

RaynRayn likes this.
  4. RaynRayn

RaynRayn Kcalb Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Turns out it was a problem with my Windows Defense System, but I managed to get it sorted out and I love it! The graphics are nice and simple but also very pretty at the same time, which gives it a really cool feel. It feels so eerie when I'm playing it, though it is slightly confusing at first although I'm sure that was your intention. Overall I look forward to continuing this game in my spare time! I've only found one memory so far, but I'm sure I'll find more eventually. Great game!

5. SadGhoster87

SadGhoster87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    alright i picked this up and put this down in july but i'm just getting into it again.
    i have NO idea what's going on. i'm going to chronicle all the different universes i've found
    • starting world
    • underground memory gets-really-bright-tunnel
    • the land of the-insides-of-towers and stairs that links together all worlds
    • tower void. you will get super lost. walk between the black squares on bridges made of more black.
    • grass world (sad music with graves)
    • grass world (happy music with graves)
    • flamingo lands??
    • bridge i haven't explored yet
    i might have forgotten a few. once again, july.
    edit 1:
    • black & white world i haven't actually explored yet but the game really wants me to
    • land that looks sort of like an enormous office space. the walls are tall glass panes?
      EDIT 2: it just morphed into the same thing but i'm high above a city??
      EDIT 3: i just walked a huge distance for a dead end :(
      EDIT 5: office land is really big. i've spent more time in it than tower void and grass world (sad music). also it just morphed again but now the background is all black EDIT 6: previously marked edit 5 as another edit 4
    edit 4: there are SO MANY ways to escape this map

edit 7:
    • college campus rain void, also i'm wondering if these were supposed to be found in order bc i found memory 8 almost by accident randomly as the second memory i ever found and memory 5 took diligent work and hours of exploration
    edit 8:
    • earlier i found a castle world and it had a big door at the center of one of the rooms and i didn't go into it but i went through to the other side, and there was nothing, and i tried to go back but it sent me into a different room
    edit 9:
    • dirt world
    • cornstalk mountains
    • Cave (i found Cave before but forgot to mention it)
    • fence-grass-grain silo world
    i have also become aware that dirt world and cornstalk mountains are actually just mountains, but dirt world was just on top of a very large flat part of the mountains. for the first time, a flamingo land has actually led me to a new world, this world being fggs world.

edit 10:
    • Town Land (got to it from fggs world, never really explored fggs world much)
    • the land of diamonds, which netted me another memory. about an exotic dancer?
    edit 11: i know not whether to classify town land and the land of diamonds as one and the same or to classify the bridge inside-house world in between them as its own, but something must be changed
    • (SP/F)ACE HIGHWAY, where i have been lost for half an hour. there better be a dang memory in this place. why are there a bunch of eyes everywhere? are they eyes? they look like eyes from the occasional face intersections i see.
    edit 12:
    • green town, ft. Freaky Art Museum
    • M O D E R N A R T, which netted me mem4

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019 at 8:43 AM
    Marquise* likes this.
  6. SadGhoster87

First Language:
    English
    yo there are SO MANY ways to escape this map. i'm not even looking for them, i just keep accidentally leaving. sometimes it leads to an actual new place so I don't know if it's supposed to work like that or not?

7. SadGhoster87

First Language:
    English
    update: weird officeland found me a new memory. apparently my mom is that woman i found in the tall tower in the grass world (sad music)? tall white tower surrounded by grass and woods. also you should add the ability for us to re-view old memories, since i already got memories 1 and 8 and remember them not at all.

edit: nvm you totally can thanks

8. SadGhoster87

First Language:
    English
    i just climbed a corn mountain for fifteen minutes and found memory 15. flamingos are a thing. i knew that already, but apparently they're relevant??

9. SadGhoster87

First Language:
    English
    this game is like incomprehensibly tedious. that's my #1 complaint. it's fun and all but there's no way most players would stay as long as i have. 90% of the playtime is just constantly wandering at a snail's pace inside these enormous maps, usually with little to no way to have any clue where you're going. i'm in (sp/f)ace highway, as i have been, and i've resorted to drawing a physical map of the place. most players would have abandoned this by now.

edit: map finished. dirty move making it an incredibly long dead end, but at least i got a memory out of it. there's a bug with the way into (sp/f)ace highway. once you enter the building, the door back out doesn't work. i can warp out, but if by some coincidence a player gets memory 10 first, they're softlocked.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  10. SadGhoster87

First Language:
    English
    upload_2019-2-12_15-7-11.png
    also, this door (far right, same level as the house/post office) doesn't work. you can't go into it, it doesn't do anything.