RMMV Rainfall: Final Messages (Demo Released!)

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Itlooks like it's shaping up to be one of those games that make you question the existence of your own (why am I doing my crap when there are such swanky things out there?)

It looks really good, keep up the good work, misses. :)

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@JoePie Thank you! Hopefully I'll be able to make some gifs or videos to show off that swank in its true form.

@Phonantiphon Thanks! I too usually prefer settings other than modern. I was a bit leery about designing a cast of characters meant to fit in a modern world. In the end though, it was a lot of fun. (and hopefully not TOO apparent that I like fantasy over modern settings haha all dem pointy ears)

@Nirwanda We have to cultivate crap sometimes in order to evolve into a swank peddler. I'm sure some inspirational and famous person said that somewhere, sometime. Maybe. ;)  (In seriousness, your little game was many levels above such a status) Thank you! We will keep on keeping up the good work~

Crystal-Mint

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This looks amazing so far! I really love how diverse all of the characters are <3

Authumbla

Listen To My Soundcloud Fam?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love your character designs so much. Is Derek's hair based off of Ragyo Kiryuin's from Kill La Kill?

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks @Authumbla!!

Also, OMG, I never even---- I wasn't thinking of her when I designed Derek, but I can certainly see where that impression would come from. hahaha Amazing. Derek's design is meant to have a lot of bird themes carried through it, and the hair was the 'wings' xD (and his sharp nose, and the arm bands are like the lines you draw on bird feet.)

I will never unsee this now though:

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just wanted to share a gif!

Wonder what that's all about...

We're still slogging away on the demo. Most of the eventing is done, still have the menus and message systems to do. The puzzles are designed and I've been slogging away at the sound design end of things! We're getting closer, just some large hurdles to climb over. 

Hopefully once all this front heavy work is done for the demo, the rest of the game is going to move a bit faster. There's a learning curve for MV involved along with the initial starting from scratch set up that game dev has though. 

taistelusopuli

Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
It is always a joy to see talented people at work! Beautiful job here! :)

unity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OMG this is coming along GREAT! Love it! <3

Whiona

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am in love with the character designs for this, and the story seems really neat too! You don't often see RPG Maker games with a university setting. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this project. :)

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of a Princess Seagull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
University? Cool!

Awesome Graphics, yay!

As someone planning to study computer science and law at university, the main four characters appear to me massively!

The maps are cool and detailed too! I can't wait for the full release!!  :cutesmile:

Accendor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
Don't want to be a PITA, but I am checking this topic every day for a couple of months AND I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE.

I am so hyped by everything I read about the game, your ideas and the story that I anticipate it more than all current AAA releases I am waiting for ;-)

If you guys still need people for beta testing... you know, hit me up.

Mister Kent

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The graphic representation on this project looks stunning! I'm a big fan of original art, especially your character designs! :D

VicWhite

Star rover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Great art. Love the title and character designs.

ddblue

新人
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Whatever became of this project?

cradth

:)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love the artwork for the characters. It's kind of unique and beautiful, each character has their own "identity".
I also love the setting and plot for this game, I can't wait to play this one. Well done!

Yato

(aka Racheal)
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello all! It feels like it has been a long, long time. It has certainly been a long, long time since we've mentioned this game at the very least.

After three years, we finally present a demo of Rainfall: Final Messages!

Why did it take so long? - RPGmaker MV is a pain. A pain that we decided to stretch our personal limits with this maker on. There was a lot of start and stop with this project as we hit roadblocks and overcame them. The final hurdles were finally overcome to put out this demo. It's been a lot of love and hard work from all of us, so we hope you enjoy it and look forward to hearing feedback.

The demo covers the introduction and 1st chapter of the game. It takes anywhere from a two to four hours to complete. There's a lot here! Especially a lot of totally optional text that I go "well why did I write this amazing conversation no one is going to read?" hahaha

Please read the Read Me file for controls and credits! And enjoy!!

P.S. The map is just a temporary one to give you something to work with. A more polished version will exist in the final game when the map is totally finalized (Aka don't let your programmer do the graphics).

LittlePIGGY

Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Charming style. The colors are very rich and strong.
:kaohi:

Yato

(aka Racheal)
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thank you very much LittlePIGGY.

Has anyone given the demo a try? We'd love to hear what you all think :)
In the mean time, have a few more screenshots of a couple puzzles and the text message system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Seems like people have stopped looking both ways before crossing the road nowadays. Blindly walking out into a into a road only ends in disaster.
Just finished planning out the skeleton of the main quest line of my new game. I'm so excited for it!
Integrating Jason Perry's japan tile set while listening to Murray Atkinson's Heaven and Earth background music.
I forgot I had an account on rpgmakercentral lol
"What do you think the best place to visit on this cold days?" "Hell..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keyboardjockey