CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know this is probably a bit of a silly question, but how do I make an item that raises a parameter temporarily? I want to make an item increase magic attack by +5 and have it wear off after a certain period of time.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
....... using the item's own "apply state" action on use? 0o
if you want that, but without *using* the item, then it's going to be a little more complicated.

CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I go to states I can only raise the parameters by a percentage and not a set amount. Also, I don't know how to make it where it can wear off with a certain amount of steps and in battle.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can change the value to an integer if you edit the code, for which you'll need a plugin, or follow some instructions.
Not hard to do, tho.... but it can mess up things if there's another plugin counting on those percentages.
As for the wearing off,.... I believe you can link steps and in-battle turns... it's a feature.
(depends on the battle system, tho)

CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So can I check "remove after _____ steps" and use the "remove after battle turn" option? I don't have to choose one or the other?

Will it remove it after BOTH of those or whichever comes first?

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
if in battle, after X turns.
if out of battle, after X(steps_per_turn) steps.

I don't remember if they're interchangeable.
"remove after X steps" should take effect only when out of battle, unless there's a conversion back from steps_per_turn (I don't remember)
"after X turns" *can* take effect in and out of battle, because of the same reason.

CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So for example, if I have a state inflicted from an item on the menu, out of battle. The state is effective for 100 steps, the character walks 50 steps and gets into a battle- the state will persist into battle. That state also has the "State ends at turn 3-5". After 5 turns, the state is removed in battle, but will remain out of battle the remaining 50 steps for the character?

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No, everything counts to the same total.
I just checked, walking on the map essentially triggers an in-battle end turn.
so, the valid thing is the turn count, and when you're not in battle, every X steps, the same function triggers to process what happens during one battle turn.
With that, you get regeneration, drains, and changes of states.

(And, also checked the conversion to integer,...... and it's not that easy. It can be done, but it's more messy than just changing one formula. You'll probably want a dedicated plugin for that.)

Astfgl66

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
If you want states to change parameters by a set value instead of a percentage, look at my signature.
I wrote a plugin for that few months ago, it should be named flat stat states IIRC.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Some neat things I made.
Shown to you in the form of an awful Windows Movie Maker Video.
1653453172179.png
Another amazing plugin by Dsiver! Thank you!

Salvage plugin. Craft something you decide you no longer need, or find an item you have no interest in, salvage it for scrap and resources. As you salvage items, gain EXP and level up. The higher your level, the better odds you have at succeeding, and the more material you'll actually acquire.
Harold Jam 2022: Dark Universe game jam is live! https://itch.io/jam/haroldjam22
Every once in a while I keep forgetting MZ added an Attack Skill Trait you can use to set the basic attack of an Actor to something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waffle_Maybe