ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings everyone, I come bearing a small utility plugin that might save someone a bit of work in the future.

Ramza's Dynamic Class Equip Notes v1.10

What does it do?
  • This plugin runs a function to dynamically update the note tags on weapons and armor at runtime. It runs once, on the title screen, and directly overwrites the string stored in the 'infoTextTop' variable on all weapons and armor.
  • It requires the YEP_ItemCore plugin to work, as that is the plugin that makes use of the above value.
  • The plugin writes the names of specified classes in your project, and colors them according to whether or not that class can equip the item being viewed. It looks like this:
Ramza_CEN_001.PNGRamza_CEN_002.PNG

• The order in which you put the classIds into the parameter box is the order they show up in the window.
  • The number of columns can be adjusted (if your window is wider)
  • The spacing between columns can also be changed.
  • The text colors are also customizable
  • If you want to insert a blank space (as in my screenshot) use 'null' in place of a classId (without the quotes).
  • New in v1.10:
    • Added plugin parameters to blank the text for specific classes on this window
    • Unlocking a class via the YEP_ClassChangeCore plugin commands will also set the classname to be unblanked on this window
    • After unlocking a previously blank class, the plugin command UpdateHiddenClasses will need to be called, which will rewrite all of the usability information for all items to show the class name for the new unlocked class(es).
    • If unlocking multiple blanked classes at the same time, unlock them all via plugin command first, and then call UpdateHiddenClasses, this command will causes a brief pause, which will be longer the more classes, weapons, and armors you have in your database. Calling it multiple times when unnecessary will cause a long hang time.
Requirements:
I have this plugin enabled, but I don't see this window?
The window shows in the item scene by default when you're looking at a weapon or armor. It is normally blank and only contains the name of the item at the top. On the YEP_EquipCore equip scene, you can also see this info pane by pressing left or right when selecting a weapon or armor to swap. On this scene, the info pane shows up where the parameter change window is.

Why make this plugin?
In case you can't tell, I had personal need of such a plugin. The default info pane is mostly useless in my personal project, so I figured I'd use the space to show classes that could equip the item I was looking at. Problem is, I couldn't find a way to dynamically do this, meaning I had to paste several lines of escape codes, with a couple of numbers different each time for every single item in my project. As you can imagine, that wasn't a fun time.

Terms of Use:
  • You may use this plugin in your commercial or non-commercial games, with credit to me, Ramza.
  • You may make changes to the plugin, to add features, or compatibility with other plugins, for your own personal use.
  • You may share these changes as their own plugin extension to this one.
  • You may not directly share modified versions of this plugin publicly.
  • You may not claim ownership of this plugin.
  • You must also abide by the terms of use of all dependency plugins

I don't know if anyone else in the world can benefit from this plugin as much as I do, but if even one other person needs something like this, here it is.

Attachments

Last edited:

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great little utility plugin Ramza, but I have a question. If I have several unlockable classes which won't appear until very late in the game, will this show the name of the class or is there a way to make it show question marks or Locked or something?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can add this in a later version, but I'm not sure when I'll have time to do that.

Until then, you can get around this by having the locked classes named ??? in the database, but change the class name when it is unlocked using a script call
Code:
$dataClasses[classId].name = "Whatever"
, and then use another script call to update the note tags:
Code:
    for (j = 1; j < $dataWeapons.length; j++){
        Ramza.CEN.itemDescriptionText($dataWeapons[j])
    }
    for (j = 1; j < $dataArmors.length; j++){
        Ramza.CEN.itemDescriptionText($dataArmors[j])
    }
Again, this isn't ideal, and I'll work on a better way to do it, but it should work for right now :)

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome. This will do even if you don't get around to it.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just updated the plugin to v1.10 with the following changes:
  • Added a plugin parameter to set certain classes as 'hidden', which blanks their name on the display, with configurable text.
  • Classes that are hidden will remain blanked until the class is unlocked via plugin command from YEP_ClassCore.
  • After a class is unlocked, the display text can be updated by plugin command UpdateHiddenClasses. This plugin command will cause a slight delay after being called, so make sure to only call it once, after unlocking multiple classes, not once per class.

Attachments

zarasrage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Instead of the classes the window shows numbers like this: [1] [2] [3] [4] ...... and so on.
Do you know what is the problem? Sorry asking after all this time :frown:

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@zarasrage Show me a screenshot of your plugin load order, and the plugin settings for this plugin and I can figure it out, most likely. I suspect the plugin parameters aren't set correctly, though it could also be a compatibility or load order problem.

zarasrage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You will want to kill me..... I got tons of plugins, but a lot of em are just for testing and are OFF.... :LZYcheeze:
I have tried placing the plugins in different places, but i have gotten the same results.
Thaaaaanks for the help!!!!!!

params.png
1_1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 10.png 11.png 12.png

Attachments

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sweet Christmas.

Your plugin settings look to be fine. When you test this, are you loading an old save, or are you starting a new game? My plugin does some setup on the title scene, but that setup won't carry through to a loaded save that was saved before this plugin was included.

The only other thing I can suggest is to turn off all of the plugins except itemcore, my plugin and possibly classchangecore, verify it works, and start turning the plugins back on one by one until you find the one that's causing the issue.

zarasrage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe Im doing something wrong.... I created a new blank project with only YEP - CoreEngine, YEP - ItemCore and your plugin, in that order,
and it keeps looking weird
ramza1.png

Here is the rest of the things
(sorry to bother you, maybe Im forgetting something simple D: )
ramza2.png
ramza3.png

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh uh... derp.

I figured it out. The plugin uses text escape codes that don't exist unless you have YEP_MessageCore running.

Turn that on and it should be good to go. I'll make a note of that in the help file and the OP for clarification later. My bad. XD

zarasrage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh so that was it!!! Thank you so much!!
In my the first project I showed you I was actually using the message core, but I figured out the problem was because of a macro I named "nc" in YEP Message Macros. Seemingly your pluging uses that same text code and that was the problem xD

(is there any way I can edit you plugin so it uses another text code instead of "nc"?..... because in my particular case I have used that single text code in almost every single text message on my proyect so I would have to go and edit everything....... :LZYhuh:)

Thanks Ramza, you are the best!

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sure thing. '\nc[x]' was an escape code to display the name of the class id X.

If you replace the part of my plugin where it references that with $dataClasses[x].name it'll do the same thing.

In short, replace line 185 in my plugin with:
Code:
var classNameShow = (!Ramza.CENParams.adjClassList[i].hidden) ? "] " + $dataClasses[Ramza.CENParams.classList[i]].name + " \\px[" : "]" + Ramza.CENParams.blankedClassText + "  \\px["

zarasrage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That works perfect!
Thank you very much!
.... can I ask you one more thing before I stop bothering you? even in a blank proyect with YEP-CoreEngine,Yep-MessageCore YEP-ItemCore and your plugin, the blank/hidden classes doenst shows as "-???-", neither they show with UpdateHiddenClasses after unlocking them with Unlock Class plugin command from Class Change Core.

Is it working? or is it me doing wrong stuff again?? :LZYhuh:
Thanks beforehand for all your work

EDIT*
NVM I finally got that I have the classes that I want to hide have to go both in the Classes to show and in the Hidden Class List.
So thats it my friend.... again, very nice work with this! I cant even say how useful is your plugin for my game :D

Last edited:

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're right. It doesn't work. I'm not sure why.

I will try to fix it. It looks like whatever function I was using to figure out if the class should be hidden or not is broken.

edit:
This appears to be related to the fact that when an actor is created, his class becomes unlocked automatically in YEP_ClassChangeCore. In a test project, with the standard four heroes and their usual classes, blanking any of the default four classes didn't work, but adding a fifth unused class did. Also, changing Lucius' default class to mage, allowed the priest class to be blanked as well. Unfortunately, the actor's classes are determined when the game is started, not when they are added to the party, so any default class any of your actors have in the DB will be left unblanked.

The only workaround I can come up with is to have all your actors default to a class that doesn't show up in the notetags at all, that can equip everything (so your starting equipment is unaffected), and change their class just as they join the party.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In other news, my new computer is now ordered, and I'll have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week! CAN'T WAIT!!!
I've said my cat's names in such a baby-talk manner over the years, Biggs is now Biggoro, Bella is now Bellllyyaah, and somehow.....somehow Tessa is Sessashan
Did a massive ****up in my code that would have caused the game to crash on most computers and almost released an update without noticing it.
I keep thinking today is Thursday.
And I look forward to the next preview thread coming this afternoon.
And then I realise it's not Thursday at all.
And then I get sad :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr