smok27

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Yep, I've put all the necessary scripts into a fresh project and confirmed that the readout (but not the function) conflicts with YEP_ExtraParamFormula. The main hand weapon displays its crit value for both mhcri and ohcri. Load order hasn't helped it any. I also learned that CriticalControl wasn't causing the crit problem, but actually a combination of it with Damage Core. So that's been fixed and I've confirmed the problem is with EPF. Is there a workaround (even if it means disabling the crit section of EPF)?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're right, this is a definite incompatibility somewhere.

It's also affecting the main and offhand hit chance display on that same scene, and also makes block chance show a NaN value instead of the actor.blk it should be pulling.

I'll work on a compatibility patch for this tonight. We'll see how it turns out.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@smok27
I have updated the menu extension plugin to v 1.23 with the following fixes:
  • The compatibility problem between YEP_ExtraParamFormula and this addon the status menu core where the offhand hit and crit values were always showing the same as the main hand values has been corrected.
  • An additional issue on the equip scene was found where the param change values shown only on widescreen menus were showing value changes on the offhand slot for the incorrect parameter when swapping between a shield and a weapon, or a one handed and a two handed weapon in the main hand was corrected. These param change values will not be displayed on the offhand slot at all unless the change being shown is directly related to the item being equipped (ie: the block value will show an increase if you swap to a better shield, but the value will be blank if you swap in a weapon over a shield in the offhand, rather than show --- -> 42 (+10) for the offhand value)

Last edited:

AsuranFish

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ramza - is there a way to change the weapon image using Yanfly’s Weapon Animation plugin based on whether the weapon is equipped in the main hand or offhand?

I was thinking if this is possible, users could modify SV Battle sprites to have a left handed attack motion, and modify weapon images to be placed into the left hand. Not entirely sure this would work with the given weapon image size, but maybe it’s something I can try out later...

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think the weapon animation plugin makes much use of lunatic codes, but if you somehow did find a way to eval in a lunatic tag to change the weapon image dynamically, you could use the user.isSecondAttack() function built into this plugin to decide which weapon image to use.

Of course, it'd also require some modifications to use a different motion on the second attack, as well as something to change the Z layer of the offhand weapon image as well, so it shows over the battler instead of under it... but that stuff wouldn't be difficult to implement compared to getting it to dynamically decide on a weapon image.

One potential hangup on that front actually, is that the engine seems to cache the weapon images before calling them later. In a very early version of this plugin I had a problem with it doing that. This might be an issue with dynamically changing the weapon image on the fly as well, too, though, so I'd keep an eye out for that.

ArcheMagArch

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something interesting is happening with this plugin. Every second round with my dual wielding character deals half damage, but only if I set the Offhand damage modifier to something below 1.

Plugin list:
https://i.imgur.com/CPYmUru.png

Ramza_DualWield settings:
https://i.imgur.com/thXcK4Q.png

On round 1, Philippa deals ~40 damage with each swing.
https://i.imgur.com/CQE84r9.jpg

On round 2, Philippa deals ~20 damage with each swing.
https://i.imgur.com/DxtgvMK.jpg

There might be something really obvious that I'm missing.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ArcheMagArch You're right, that is a weird thing to have happen, but the issue actually is quite obvious. You can see the problem in your screenshot of the Ramza_DualWield settings: The note box at the bottom clearly indicates that this plugin requires YEP_BattleEngineCore to run. TBH I'm not sure how you managed to get to an actual battle without it, any attempts I've made to run the plugin without the battle engine plugin cause an immediate crash about being unable to unshift something undefined.

Also, Equipcore should be below the dual wield plugin on the load order as well.

Insure that your yanfly plugins are always following the order on the yanfly website; and my dual wield plugin should be below YEP_BattleEngineCore, and also below YEP_BaseParamControl if you're using it (but you're not).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello! I'd like to preface my question with a thanks for the hard work. I appreciate what you've done so far. So thank you very much for your work!

My question is (hopefully) simple. As of right now, when I set an actor to dual wield, but give him one weapon, he will attack twice; once with the weapon and once with his empty hand. Is there a way to stop the actor from attacking twice, if and only if he doesn't have a weapon in his off hand?

Last edited:

scottso06

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
  • Modified the plugin parameters for damage modifiers to allow them to be javascript evaluations. This will allow you to change the bonus/penalty of two-handing, dualwielding, or using a weapon in the offhand at runtime, by using eval codes that make use of states, variables, switches, skills known, and anything else you can think up.

Any chance you could give an example of how to use an eval code like this? I was hoping to make it so daggers in my game have a lessened penalty for using in the offhand.

Thanks man.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@scottso06 Certainly.

Forgive my formatting because I'm on mobile, though. One method you can use is a ternary operator, basically an if condition that sets a value based on the result. You can nest them too, but that can get kind of messy.

They are written like this:
variable = (condition) ? (TRUE) : (FALSE)
variable will be equal to the value you put in the true statement, if the condition is true, or the false statement if it is false. In the parameter box, the variable doesn't need to be named (because I'm using a variable in the script to get the contents of this notebox).

An example might look like this:
(this.isStateAffected(12)) ? 0.8 : 0.5

In the parameter box 'this' refers to the actor who is dual wielding, so you can use anything the actor object has on it as a variable in the ternary operator. In the above example, if the actor has state 12, his penalty is 80%, if he doesn't, it's 50%.

You could do a similar operator that checks the wtypeId of the equipped weapon and modifies it from there. Of course, you'd need to make sure an actual weapon is there, otherwise it will throw an error.

Something like this, maybe:
(this.equips()[1] && this.equips()[1].wtypeId == 1) ? 0.8 : 0.5

Last edited:

scottso06

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perfect that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again!

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I'd like to preface my question with a thanks for the hard work. I appreciate what you've done so far. So thank you very much for your work!

My question is (hopefully) simple. As of right now, when I set an actor to dual wield, but give him one weapon, he will attack twice; once with the weapon and once with his empty hand. Is there a way to stop the actor from attacking twice, if and only if he doesn't have a weapon in his off hand?
The plugin parameter "Disable State Id" is for doing exactly that.
I used Yanfly's Passive States and made that one a passive, with this condition in the notebox:
Code:
<Custom Passive Condition>
if (user.isDualWield() && !user.equips()[1]) {
condition = true;
} else {
condition = false;
}
</Custom Passive Condition>

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The plugin parameter "Disable State Id" is for doing exactly that.
I used Yanfly's Passive States and made that one a passive, with this condition in the notebox:
Code:
if (user.isDualWield() && !user.equips()[1]) {
condition = true;
} else {
condition = false;
}

Thank you for the help. I had managed to figure it out own my own with some help from Lunatic Discord.

That being said, there is an issue with Disable State ID where it disables two handed multiplier feature along with the ability to attack twice. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, and I did tag Ramza with it in Lunatic Discord, but he didn't respond so I'm bringing it up here to bright it to light.

I managed to figure out how to have it so that if there is nothing in off-hand, the state for Disable State Id is active, and disable the state if the user is wielding a two-handed weapon so that he can successfully have his two handed multiplier activate.

Code:
if (user.equips()[1])
{condition = false;}
else if (user.equips()[0] && user.equips()[0].wtypeId === 3)
{condition = false;}
else
{condition = true;}

The only reason why I bring this up as if it's an issue, is because the description for Disable State Id only explicitly talks about attacking twice, and says nothing about disabling the two handed feature in the plugin.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought two-handed wasn't added properly yet, or at least it wasn't last I read the description fully?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I thought two-handed wasn't added properly yet, or at least it wasn't last I read the description fully?
I read through the thread and I didn't see anything like that, but I may have not being looking for the right thing.

Afaik, the twohanded aspect of the plugin is currently a thing that is accessible and usable.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ah right, what isn't implemented is monkeygrip.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The issue as described is actually a bug, or more specifically a logical oversight on my part.

When the dualwielding is enabled on an actor, all damage calculations, or parameter displays in the menu (or various yanfly menus) are replaced with a call to user.MHCalc() which returns the ATK value of the mainhand multiplied by any applicable applied rates (dual wielding penalty, twohanded modifier, offhand penalty etc). When the disable state is active, in addition to preventing the offhand attack from happening, it also causes these calculations to revert back to simply showing user.atk, which doesn't include, among other things, the penalties and/or bonuses to the damage calculation from dual wielding, two handing, etc.

Interestingly enough, non-dualwielding actors don't have this problem, as if you equip a non-dualwielder with a twohanded weapon, the 2h bonus is applied normally, further proof this was an unintended bug.

Obviously, for the fact that I've been instructing people to use the disable state to prevent that pesky unarmed offhand strike feature, this is something that needs to be fixed. I'll work on it over the next little while and see what I can come up with.

Side note: Monkeygripping actually worked in an older version. It would ignore the two-handed damage bonus and apply the dualwielding, and offhand penalties to the atk values on two handed weapons as appropriate. I ran into an issue where the menu extension would spaz out, refuse to show the correct updated values for offhand or mainhand damage, and then update the actor params after the weapon was equipped.

So if you had a base atk of 30, a 12 attack 2H sword in your mainhand and nothing in your offhand, it'd show MhAtk -> 57 OhAtk '---', but if you equipped another two hander in your offhand, the preview of the stat change would show MhAtk -> 57 OhAtk ->33 but after equipping it, it'd show the correct value of 42/33. I couldn't get the tempActor to update the 2H bonus on the fly, so I commented out the monkeygripping code, and released the update without it. I intended to go back to work on it later, but it turns out it had no place in my own project, so it kind of went on the backburner.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good news everyone!

Monkeygripping still isn't a thing, but I did update the plugin to v2.50, and the menu extension to v1.25

Changelog:
Version 2.50:
  • Added a plugin parameter to disable the added barehanded offhand attack if an actor is wielding a weapon in his mainhand but nothing in his offhand.
  • Actors who are dualwield type, and have no weapons in either hand will now correctly strike twice.
Menu Extension updated to v1.25:
  • Requires v2.50 of the base plugin.
  • Support in menus for the blanking offhand attack values when the offhand barehanded attack is disabled via the new plugin parameter in v2.50.
  • In the YEP_StatusMenuCore attributes scene, 'blk' will now no longer show a blank box if the 'Show Block Chance' plugin parameter is set to false.
  • Corrected a visual issue where a dualwield actor's offhand attack value would show '---' on the equip scene if 'Show Block Chance' was set to false.
  • Fixed a display issue on the YEP_StatusMenuCore general scene, where the mainhand and offhand attack parameter boxes did not include the text for the 'attack' parameter in the box.
  • Fixed a display issue on the YEP_StatusMenuCore parameter gauge scene where a dual wielding actor who had no weapon in his mainhand would only show the one gauge for his main hand attack value, and not both main and off attack gauges as intended.

Last edited:

Ameer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there some video tutorial or demo of this plugin

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there some video tutorial or demo of this plugin

Err. I had a sort of test demo I was using to test the plugin as I was adding things to it. But I accidentally deleted it before the last update, and I had no backup copy of it. I can probably reverse engineer something usable from one of my other demo projects, but it's not likely to touch on all of the functions of this plugin.

Maybe at some point I'll make a big demo to show off this in conjunction with block chance. I can't guarantee a time frame for that though.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm tempted to leave the Fight/Escape choice in the Boss Battle submission and make Escape pop up Nedry from Jurassic Park: "Uh uh unh!"
Is it weird that i feel overwhelmed from reading codes that i wrote few months ago? Lol.

I dont even know where to continue!:hsad:
Ami
Gosh,I want to Play this Game Again one more again!

Seeing my Own Character & Kannono Once Again!
Tales_of_the_World_Radiant_Mythology_3_JPN_PSP-Coverart.jpg
I've been a bit to depressed to get work done on the game lately. Don't worry, I'll be okay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fenceghost