ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, you could use the weapon attack formulas plugin mentioned above to set a weapon formula for each type of dice, and then call it back in the attack skill (this.getWeaponFormula()).

But you could also just make your own function to check what weapon you have equipped and then return something based on that. If you're not well-versed in javascript, that's going to be something you might need to ask about in the javascript forums to figure out, or have someone do for you.

In the mean time, I don't think dual wield by itself will work for you for this, not without a lot of confusing configuration, anyway. It was never really meant to be used in that way.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alright that's good to know. I'll look into the weapon attack formula plugin then.

To make sure I understand that plugin in properly, in the plugin settings itself, you create new entries that are associated with a weapon ID (i.e. a specific weapon), and that entry carries a custom damage formula that you write in, so that when using the weapon it entirely ignores the damage formula entry in the database and uses the one associated with the ID in the plugin options right?

You can do this or use the <weapon formula> tags to create a custom formula in the notebox of that particular weapon that uses full javascript?

and the <Weaponskill> tag will have a skill's damage formula replaced by the damage formula of that weapon.

I think these are the main 3 features of that particular plugin. If I'm correct in understanding how it works, I guess I'd like to know how that interacts with MZ/MV's default dual wield trait.

EDIT: I'm trying to process and conceptualize this.weaponFormula() but I'm not quite connecting the dots so if you could also further elaborate this I'd appreciate it.

EDIT2: nvm i understand how this.WeaponFormula() works now lol. the value inside of () only occurs if the weapon does not have a custom formula via the plugin.

Last edited:

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, so you can set weapontypes to use a default formula, or you can use note tags to set a specific formula on a specific weapon.

By default, only the attack skill has its formula changed, but you can extend that to any other skill with the <weaponskill> note tag. The this.weaponFormula() function can be put into any skill at all to return the value of the weapon formula for the weapon being used, allowing you to make a skill that takes the weapon formula into account for its damage calculation.

For example, you have a sword, which has a.atk as it's formula. You also have a Big Sword which is a.atk *2. You make a skill, Hard Slice, which is an especially hard attack, dealing a.atk * 4 damage. When used with the sword weapon, this skill does 4x the amount of the normal attack, but when used by the big sword, it only does 2x as much. Changing the formula to this.weaponFormula() * 4 would make it deal 4x as much damage as the default attack, no matter what weapon is equipped.

You can think outside of the box a little bit to make this do all kinds of things with the damage formula too, like roll dice or apply states.

With the default dual wield system, this plugin always uses the weapon formula of the main hand, unless it's empty, then it will use the offhand instead. When combined with the dual wield plugin, it will always use the weapon formula of the weapon currently being swung, so it will use the offhand formula for the offhand hits in the basic attack, and so on. in a standard system, this would allow someone to wield, say a knife, which might use agi in its damage formula, with a sword, and see the difference in hits for the normal attack. For your dice system, it would allow the normal attack to use two different damage formulas for two different equipped dice.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's all very informative so thank you very much. I managed to get taught how to codify parts of my intentions into a function so I created a tiny tiny plugin that renders the logic as a function I can toss into the damage formula (as a.diceRoll()) so with this in mind I can probably get my desired effect with your dual wield plugin being used as intended since the function returns a random array value.

Thanks for the education homie.

AzureCrook

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there!
Love the plugin, thank you for providing a good reliable system!
Got one tiny bug report on the Craft Levels plugin, whenever you scroll down it locks the screen on the plugin values, not showing the following ones.
Scrolling up works fine for some reason?

Attachments

• ptsc.jpg
    ptsc.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 7

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AzureCrook At first, with that description, I had no idea what you meant. Then I saw the screenshot and put it together. I'll take a look and see why it's doing that, lol.

AzureCrook

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awh, sorry my communication skills are not good at all >> thank you for your hard work

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there!
Love the plugin, thank you for providing a good reliable system!
Got one tiny bug report on the Craft Levels plugin, whenever you scroll down it locks the screen on the plugin values, not showing the following ones.
Scrolling up works fine for some reason?
I can't duplicate this problem in my test project. It appears that in your case the bottom window isn't showing the 'Statistics' information after scrolling down past the craft levels command. I would wager that plugin load order has something to do with this, but I don't know which plugin provides that statistics command, or how you got it there.

Try making sure CraftLevels is loaded after the YEP_StatusMenuCore plugin, and any other plugins that add to that window. In my test project, scrolling past Craft Levels, either up or down properly updates the below window.

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ramza

Hi there!

I seem to be having an issue with the shield block plugin for MV that I purchased from your page on the itch.io website. I have the latest version of MV installed and I've followed the instructions to set it up as best I could according to your OP for the plugin but I can't get one or more actors to show the block animation for some reason (I do have more than one shield block animation for it set up in the animations section in the database). I have the notetags set up for the shield animation to show but it doesn't show during battle or when I battle test.

I feel like I've tried everything at this point and so I would not like to spend more time trying to figure it out by myself. I've turned off all plugins except the dependancy ones i.e., Yanfly's Battle Engine, Yanfly Core, Yanfly's Passive Autostates, Yanfly's Buff States) but no luck.

I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be. If it helps, I have this plugin along with your dual wield plugin in my plugin list. I don't think it's any of the plugins that I have that are clashing with the shield block plugin since when I turn them all off and have just the shield block plugin along with the dependancy ones set to ON it still doesn't work.

I can PM you more about the problem I'm having with the shield block plugin for MV.

Last edited:

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya.
If possible I'd like to keep troubleshooting out of PMs specifically so if someone in the future is having this same problem, they might be able to see how to fix it without having to post. :)

Since the info you gave is kind of vague, let's run down the usual suspects in order.

• Ensure the 'shield' slot is the second equipment slot, and that all shields belong to equipment type 2, which is what they are by default in the 'types' tab of your database:
    etype.png
  • Ensure the shield provides the the block state (which is set in the plugin parameters) passively, and that it is active on the battler you're trying to have block. Put an icon on the state so you can see it become active when you equip the shield.
  • Ensure the block state above has the <react effect> note tag from the help documentation on it. This react effect is how the block state actually shows the animation, and does the damage reduction effect. It pulls the block animation from the shield equipped on the actor.
  • Make sure you have the <block animation: x> tag on the shield, as that is the only place that is checked for the animation. If there isn't a specific one set on the shield, the default one (set in the plugin parameters) is used.
  • Ensure the shield has a <block chance: x> note tag.
  • With the shield equipped, open the console (f8), click the console tab at the top, and type $gameParty.members()[0].blk if the actor has a block chance greater than 0, and the state is active, it should show a value between 0 and 1 (if it shows say, 0.75 that means you have a 75% block chance). If it shows 0, one of the above steps has not been followed. If it shows undefined, the plugin itself may not be loading at all. Check in the console for any errors that might come up on load.
  • Ensure the skill that you're being hit with is PHYSICAL type, and that it doesn't have the <unblockable> tag on it. Also make sure that the plugin parameter for physical block is set to true.
  • Ensure the actor being hit doesn't have a state on them that prevents movement, such as stun.
  • Make sure the plugins are loaded in the correct order. Block chance should be loaded directly after YEP_BattleEngineCore in your load order, and your other yanfly plugins need to follow the load order on his website, to ensure that there are no incompatibilities.
Let me know if that sorts it for you.

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got it to work! I just had to change the hit type to physical. Thanks again! :)

Edit:
With the shield equipped, open the console (f8), click the console tab at the top, and type $gameParty.members()[0].blk if the actor has a block chance greater than 0, and the state is active, it should show a value between 0 and 1 (if it shows say, 0.75 that means you have a 75% block chance).

Regarding the above, it doesn't automatically show the number once you type in $gameParty.members()[0].blk within the console upon pressing F8. I had to press the enter key on my keyboard afterwards for the block chance to show. Just thought I'd point that out in case anyone else was wondering why the number may not show.

Last edited:

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice. glad that we got it working there.

Interestingly enough, the MZ console actually does preview the result when you type something like that in without pressing enter, but the MV one doesn't do that. Just something weird I picked up at some point, lol.

desertbriar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello again! Something odd happened when I was testing out crafting several recipes. Sometimes it successfully crafts with no issue, other times it pulls up the error/crash below:

1609294926070.png

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is a weird error to be getting, and only some of the time?

Can you narrow down what causes it to come up more? I released a couple updates to the plugin over the past few days, so what version of the plugin are you using?

When you were testing the recipes, were they always the same recipe, so this error came up sometimes with the same ingredients, or was it only certain recipes that this happened with? Did the affected recipe have any category/wildcard ingredients in it?

It looks like based on that error stack that the loseingredient function is being called without an item. I think I know what's happened here, assuming you're using the latest version of the plugin, as I just made a change that was a bugfix for the DQ11 mode that might've caused this problem, though if you could confirm you're using that version that'll help me narrow it down.

Edit:
Nevermind, I took a quick look and figured out what was going on. The fix I'd applied in v1.19 to correct the issue where the new mode wasn't taking the correct number of ingredients wasn't implemented correctly, which caused a crash error if the ingredients in the slots were provided in a different order than they were listed in the recipe.

Ex the recipe is Lettuce x2, Tomato x1 = Salad x1.
if you put those items in, in that order, it'd work fine, but if you put them in the slots as
Tomato x1 and Lettuce x2
It would crash because of the way I cleared part of the ingredient array, always assuming they were in the right order, and then only testing that way, so never seeing a problem until you reported it.

I have it fixed now, the new revision will be uploaded shortly, so redownload it from your library and let me know that it works.

Thanks.

Last edited:

desertbriar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using the newest version and the default crafting mode. Tried it a couple more times and I think it has to do with the order I put the ingredients in. The first pic seems to be successful because it's the order I put the ingredients in on the recipe list for the slots. The 2nd one seems to fail since it's a different order than I put in the recipe list.

Am I supposed to create all possible ingredient-order combos for the recipe or is this an unintended error and the item is supposed to craft despite the order?

Attachments

• 4564575685685679i696.png
    4564575685685679i696.png
    789.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 4564575685685679i69643t5346t.png
    4564575685685679i69643t5346t.png
    760.1 KB · Views: 6

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using the newest version and the default crafting mode. Tried it a couple more times and I think it has to do with the order I put the ingredients in. The one on the right seems to be successful because it's the order I put the ingredients in on the recipe list for the slots. The left one seems to fail since it's a different order than I put in the recipe list.

Am I supposed to create all possible ingredient-order combos for the recipe or is this an unintended error and the item is supposed to craft despite the order?
Good news, I figured that out between my post and yours, and it's already been fixed.

It was a bit of an oversight with the fix I put in for v1.19 where the correct number of ingredients weren't being removed from the inventory under a very specific situation that was only affecting DQ11 mode. Because I'd only tested to make sure it worked with a recipe in the correct order, I didn't realize that I was removing ingredients from the array in the order the recipe expected, not the order the player provided them in, which resulted in an attempt to remove an item from the inventory that didn't exist.

The revision is already uploaded, and has been tested to make sure it works in this case now.

Edit: on a weird sidenote, I just happened to notice that there are a lot more users of this crafting system plugin than I thought there were. The MZ version has like 6 downloads, but this one is a contender for the most downloaded plugin I've ever released. I'll try to be a bit more thorough in my 3:00am testing when I release an update in the future :)

DavePerry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With dual wield let's say my mainhand weapon adds a poison state on attack but it makes my offhand add the state too.. is there a fix for that or something I am overlooking or didn't do right hehe. Thanks! Great plugins ; )

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With dual wield let's say my mainhand weapon adds a poison state on attack but it makes my offhand add the state too.. is there a fix for that or something I am overlooking or didn't do right hehe. Thanks! Great plugins ; )
That isn't an issue with the dual wield plugin. Offhand attacks ignore the traits on the mainhand weapon - if it gives a poison attack state, the offhand attack will not do the same unless it also has that attack state. Same with hit %/crit % changes, and elements.

DavePerry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright going to try to find the conflict thanks for the quick reply

DavePerry

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the 2 states per attack seems to be happening when using your Block plugin with the Dual wield plugin. I started a new project with just Battle Engine Core / Buff States / Dual Wield / Block and I can repeat the issue.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Any progress...
index.php
CookingStation.png
And so the making of workstations continues...
Join @StudioBlueGames
as Steel and Teal play Ouroharas's The Unborn Daughter! A stranger on a distant shore. Live now!

If Mog working on ports, but going to the void it just stir a confusion on what's going on.
I don't know what to do with this character, but it mine

IMG_20210419_121108.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gummy_64