zelanius

Mechanics Freak
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ramza for the plugin settings, I have already set block chance to work on physical skills. I tried testing it again, and just to be doubly sure, I tried it both with and without the notetag of <BLOCKABLE> on the physical skills that the enemies was using. Just for completeness's sake, I also tested it without the notetag and setting to plugin to not block physical skills by default. In all 3 scenarios, the console log returned as attached, stating that the result is "unknown" after being struck by enemies in battle. The defending actor is not affected by any states (other than the block state).

EIDT 1: For some reason, there was a proc on a skill with Certain Hit. This skill has no notetags whatsoever to say that it is blockable. I am not sure why, but perhaps there is some plugins that somehow make Physical Hit be recognized differently. I am testing my game in a dry run first, but if I find out anything, will post again.

Attachments

• Block Chance Console.jpg
    Block Chance Console.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ramza for the plugin settings, I have already set block chance to work on physical skills. I tried testing it again, and just to be doubly sure, I tried it both with and without the notetag of <BLOCKABLE> on the physical skills that the enemies was using. Just for completeness's sake, I also tested it without the notetag and setting to plugin to not block physical skills by default. In all 3 scenarios, the console log returned as attached, stating that the result is "unknown" after being struck by enemies in battle. The defending actor is not affected by any states (other than the block state).

EIDT 1: For some reason, there was a proc on a skill with Certain Hit. This skill has no notetags whatsoever to say that it is blockable. I am not sure why, but perhaps there is some plugins that somehow make Physical Hit be recognized differently. I am testing my game in a dry run first, but if I find out anything, will post again.
I just tested some blocks in my test project and it looks like ICFSoft_MainUtility is also causing damage popups to scroll off of the screen instead of popping up and fading like they're supposed to. I have no idea why it would be doing that, since it doesn't make any mention of changing anything about the popup.

My next question was going to be getting you to put in more console commands into the state note tag to see if we could tell exactly which step of it was failing, but it would appear based on your edit that we would've failed out at the first step, as if the incoming hit isn't blockable, it wouldn't ever pass the target.result().isBlocked() if check on the first line.

I'd have also asked you to check and make sure your shields are being held in equipslot 1 (the second slot on the equip scene), because the blocked check above would also fail if the plugin couldn't determine the defender actually had a shield equipped, and it only checks that one slot.

Failing both of those things, I'd have to get you to see if you could reproduce the problem in a new project, and then share that project with me, since I can't reproduce the issue myself, it's either a plugin incompatibility or something wrong with setup that I can't think of, and I'd need to play around with a project where it's happening to figure out what's causing it. Though with your last edit, it really does sound like something is interfering with a very core component of the engine at this point, since certain hit skills should only ever be blockable if they're tagged <blockable>.

zelanius

Mechanics Freak
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just tested some blocks in my test project and it looks like ICFSoft_MainUtility is also causing damage popups to scroll off of the screen instead of popping up and fading like they're supposed to. I have no idea why it would be doing that, since it doesn't make any mention of changing anything about the popup.

My next question was going to be getting you to put in more console commands into the state note tag to see if we could tell exactly which step of it was failing, but it would appear based on your edit that we would've failed out at the first step, as if the incoming hit isn't blockable, it wouldn't ever pass the target.result().isBlocked() if check on the first line.

I'd have also asked you to check and make sure your shields are being held in equipslot 1 (the second slot on the equip scene), because the blocked check above would also fail if the plugin couldn't determine the defender actually had a shield equipped, and it only checks that one slot.

Failing both of those things, I'd have to get you to see if you could reproduce the problem in a new project, and then share that project with me, since I can't reproduce the issue myself, it's either a plugin incompatibility or something wrong with setup that I can't think of, and I'd need to play around with a project where it's happening to figure out what's causing it. Though with your last edit, it really does sound like something is interfering with a very core component of the engine at this point, since certain hit skills should only ever be blockable if they're tagged <blockable>.
I really wonder where the issue is coming from. I doubt it is ICF-Soft's plugin, since this happens even with them turned off. The only thing is to test what the respective physical, magical and certain hit return as, since they should be returning 1, 2 and 0 respective (I think?), but I have no idea what code to use to test them in the console. I am also not able to determine which is impacting the core engine to switch them around. I will try with a new project once I complete my dry run of the game, just to make sure nothing else is broken before I continue. I also won't be surprise if I accidentally change some settings in my sleep (I have a terrible habit of falling asleep in front of my PC). Worse case scenario, I probably should just copy over a new project's js codes. Will try to respond again by tomorrow.

EDIT 1: The more I think about it, the less I think it has to do with just the hit type. The reason is because, when I tag a skill to be blockable using the notetag, somehow the skill does not proc the block animation. In any case, will test on a new project and let you know again.

EDIT2: Yep, something is terribly wrong with my RMMV. Even in a new project, where I only have YEP Core, YEP Battle Core, Shield Block, and YEP Auto Passive, keeping everything basic and default, and giving 100% Block Chance to the default shield, and having it block 100% damage (notetags below), and they don't block. I even give <BLOCKABLE> to the only skill given to the enemy and nothing. I am using the latest plugins (v2.26 of Shield Block).
<BLOCK CHANCE: 100>
<BLOCK PERCENT: 100>
<Passive State: 12>

I also added the Parry Chance (v1.09) and gave the weapons <PARRY CHANCE: 100>, and they don't work either (even if I add <CANPARRY> to the skill). Something is definitely interfering with recognizing the skill can blockable and can parry, but I have no idea what it could be.

I also tested the skill itself by changing it between the various hit types, and in none of the scenario, they were parried or blocked.

All in all, a major head scratcher.

FINAL EDIT!!: I found the issue! There was something wrong in my order (Parry should go above States/Buff Core, or at least this works for me). After fixing it, I turned off all ICF-Soft plugins, and everything worked like a charm. I then turned on all ICF-Soft plugins, and it definitely is interfering with the Shield Block somehow. I tested it by slowly turning each ICF-Soft plugins off, and turns out it's ICF-Soft Main Utility (I got it to work with the rest of the ICF-Soft plugins turned on). Unfortunately, I do need this plugin (most of ICF-Soft plugins seem to work fine without it, except for one sadly crucial one).

I managed to get everything by you to work as intended once I play around with the plugins, but then the issue you mentioned where the damage popup flies out the screen happens. In addition, once all battler has acted, the turn does not conclude for some reason if I have a full party.

All in all, this means I have to either choose Block+Parry Chance or the ICF-Soft plugins (or find alternative to ICF-Soft).

Last edited:

desertbriar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi again, haha. It seems the plugincommand for bringing up a specific craft menu stopped working after one of the updates

Neither CallCrafting Cooking and CallCrafting Blacksmithing seem to bring up the specific craft menus, and they don't crash the game either so I don't have an error log for troubleshooting

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@desertbriar I definitely broke that plugin command at some point earlier, but I'd thought it fixed now, and had tested in the test project with no issue (except a category window that was stuck on screen), which was also fixed in version 1.17.

I tested with the current version (1.23) in the test project, because I break things all the time, so who knows, but it does appear to still work, it even works with custom categories, which I don't think I'd previously checked.

You wrote out the command correctly here, but I'd check to make sure you don't have a space between Call and Crafting in your command call. Other than that, I'd try updating to the latest version, since this definitely used to be a problem after 1.10 or so, and was corrected completely in 1.17.

@zelanius
FINAL EDIT!!: I found the issue! There was something wrong in my order (Parry should go above States/Buff Core, or at least this works for me). After fixing it, I turned off all ICF-Soft plugins, and everything worked like a charm. I then turned on all ICF-Soft plugins, and it definitely is interfering with the Shield Block somehow. I tested it by slowly turning each ICF-Soft plugins off, and turns out it's ICF-Soft Main Utility (I got it to work with the rest of the ICF-Soft plugins turned on). Unfortunately, I do need this plugin (most of ICF-Soft plugins seem to work fine without it, except for one sadly crucial one).
I'm not understanding how you ended up requiring the plugins in a different load order than I do in my test project without the ICF-Soft plugins. ParryChance in my test project loads after BuffsStatesCore, and works fine, although the animation could probably use some timing tweaks, but that's not relevant to the problem at hand.

You even tested in a brand new project, so I can't even say that maybe the issue is outdated core files, because those should be the most up to date when you make a new project.

The damage popup flying off the screen thing seems to be an issue with YEP_BattleEngineCore, or a weird incompatibility between those two plugins. BlockChance doesn't actually need BEC to work, so you can verify this yourself by turning it off to test. Although this probably wouldn't be a permanent solution, since most yanfly battle plugins do require that plugin to work, like the action sequences plugin, for example.

That probably means the turn end problem is also coming from an interaction between those two as well, since neither my block or parry plugins affect how a turn ends, aside from the block state note tags doing the standard BuffStatesCore react and deselect effects, and having just BEC and ICF-Soft main cause the damage popup to do that thing, meaning it isn't some weird interaction between all three.

I'd see if you can report this to ICF-Soft and see if they can fix it. I'd suggest trying Yanfly too, but I'm sure he's busy with all the VisuStella stuff he's got going on, and generally he doesn't fix incompatibility problems with other people's stuff, so you'll likely have better luck with the smaller creator.

Last edited:

desertbriar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah my bad! I left behind some blank recipe entries as templates to use and that was the source of the error. It works fine now after I deleted those

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey!

I finally got a chance to download this. Wow, so complex. I feel like I need a study guide.

Right now, I'm having trouble with installing the plug in and the patch.rpgcrafterror.png I put the crafting system and item extension at the bottom of my plugin list. I loaded up the game, and when I tried to go to the main menu, I got this image.

What am I doing wrong?

Oh thank you for the tutorial https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/blog/pt-ramza

Now just gotta fix the error and I'll be on my way :D

Last edited:

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That error seems to indicate that the Ramza.CSParams.craftCategories is not defined when the extension goes to try to read it, which shouldn't happen, because it is immediately declared as '[]' in the beginning of the plugin. That means the Crafting plugin isn't loading at all. I'd bet if you open the console (f8) after getting this error, you'll see another red error at the top about an unexpected token u or something to that effect.

I'd bet the problem is that your recipe list is blank. Perhaps stupidly, the default recipe list parameter is just empty, but it requires an array in order for it to be parsed. Ordinarily, that wouldn't be an issue because when someone is creating their recipes they'd naturally put something in the box there. Since it seems like you only imported the plugins, and didn't start building anything in it yet, your param is probably still blank.

Just open the below parameter and then close it again and it should be replaced with the [] instead of nothing.

Edit:
Good news, I just duplicated this error by deleting my recipe list in the test plugin, which tells me the problem is almost definitely exactly what I said. :)

Attachments

• recipelist blank.PNG
    recipelist blank.PNG
    23.2 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That error seems to indicate that the Ramza.CSParams.craftCategories is not defined when the extension goes to try to read it, which shouldn't happen, because it is immediately declared as '[]' in the beginning of the plugin. That means the Crafting plugin isn't loading at all. I'd bet if you open the console (f8) after getting this error, you'll see another red error at the top about an unexpected token u or something to that effect.

I'd bet the problem is that your recipe list is blank. Perhaps stupidly, the default recipe list parameter is just empty, but it requires an array in order for it to be parsed. Ordinarily, that wouldn't be an issue because when someone is creating their recipes they'd naturally put something in the box there. Since it seems like you only imported the plugins, and didn't start building anything in it yet, your param is probably still blank.

Just open the below parameter and then close it again and it should be replaced with the [] instead of nothing.

Edit:
Good news, I just duplicated this error by deleting my recipe list in the test plugin, which tells me the problem is almost definitely exactly what I said. :)

So glad you're quick to answer. I will be sure to make this fix and then devour that tutorial you wrote. Very excited :)

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In version 1.09 of Parry for MV, there's a typo in your default custom reaction that causes parrying to fail if your Parry Calculation Type isn't set to Individual.

After the code block for "Individual" it has else if (MWType == "Offhand"), but the variable's name is MWPType.

When viewing the code in the plugin parameter box, that's line 23.

Last edited:

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ATT_Turan
Right you are. I have corrected this, and will upload the fixed version shortly. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I really lack discipline and find myself far too often giving into or at least seriously considering the temptation to start a new project rather than following through on a WIP that's no longer a shiny and new idea.

Does anyone have any strategies or tricks for making themselves follow through with things instead of doing this? Like that actually work?
I'm starting the "Switches lesson" on Learn MV today, what would you like to learn about them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DemiseOfEros