Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Edit:

I'm feeling pretty good about this shield slam thing, so I made an action sequence you can use to make your own shield slam-like skill. Here's what it looks like in action.

<Setup Action>
display action
move user: target, front base, 20
wait for move
immortal: target, true
</Setup Action>
<Target Action>
wait: 15
motion spell: user
eval: user.startAnimation(user.equips()[1].slamAnimation, true)
action effect: target
if target.result().isHit()
se: hammer, 90, 100, 0
action animation: target
wait for animation
end
wait: 20
</Target Action>
<Finish Action>
clear battle log
perform finish
wait: 10
immortal: target, false
</Finish Action>

You can do that such action is carried out only if the user has to equip a shield ???

I do not the shield graphic appears !!! ;_;

Last edited by a moderator:

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can do that such action is carried out only if the user has to equip a shield ???

I do not the shield graphic appears !!! ;_;

For this to work, you need an animation set up (like the one in the demo project) and you need the shield to have the note tag <Slam Animation: x> set on it, where x is the Id of the animation you set up (or copied from my demo project).

Yanfly's skill core plugin can allow you to restrict a skill if a state isn't applied on your battler. Being more specific, you'd use the <Custom Requirement> Tag to check for a state on the battler, a state you'd use a passive state on the shield.

Example:

<Custom Requirement>
value = user.isStateAffected(31)
</Custom Requirement>

Where state 31 is a passive state given by every shield in the game, via a passive state note tag on the shield:

<Passive State: 31>

@Nol: I'm going to try to figure out where this incompatibility is coming from in the next few days, and see if I can't make a patch or something.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
For this to work, you need an animation set up (like the one in the demo project) and you need the shield to have the note tag <Slam Animation: x> set on it, where x is the Id of the animation you set up (or copied from my demo project).

Yanfly's skill core plugin can allow you to restrict a skill if a state isn't applied on your battler. Being more specific, you'd use the <Custom Requirement> Tag to check for a state on the battler, a state you'd use a passive state on the shield.

Example:

<Custom Requirement>
value = user.isStateAffected(31)
</Custom Requirement>

Where state 31 is a passive state given by every shield in the game, via a passive state note tag on the shield:

<Passive State: 31>

@Nol: I'm going to try to figure out where this incompatibility is coming from in the next few days, and see if I can't make a patch or something.

Where can I download your demo ???

Nol

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Also, since someone was looking for it, I have created a small demo project, which contains a couple of the yanfly plugins, a block state, a block and slam animation that uses an RMVX icon (which you can't legally use in a commercial game unless you also own VX), and the mangled modified statusmenu core plugin with the settings already set to show block chance on the menu. You can get that here.

Just Read the post man

I put it in Bold for you

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
You can do that the graphics of the shield appear even when you select the command "guard" in battle ??? :D

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The shield graphic appearing is only a reaction to being hit, the guard animation loops until you are no longer guarding, and is outside of the scope of this plugin. You'd need something else to loop an animation over a battler continuously.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
The shield graphic appearing is only a reaction to being hit, the guard animation loops until you are no longer guarding, and is outside of the scope of this plugin. You'd need something else to loop an animation over a battler continuously.

I see ... ok ... I will see to do something !!!  ;)

sorry ... but I can not make that skill is performed without a shield equipped !!!  ;_;

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I see ... ok ... I will see to do something !!!  ;)

sorry ... but I can not make that skill is performed without a shield equipped !!!  ;_;

I solved this in my old project by adding a shield animation directly to the sv sprite sheet's guard possition. A limitation is that it was always the same sheild graphic, but that didn't bother me because none of the armor ever changed graphics.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I solved this in my old project by adding a shield animation directly to the sv sprite sheet's guard possition. A limitation is that it was always the same sheild graphic, but that didn't bother me because none of the armor ever changed graphics.

For graphics of the defense SAY I solved alone in my own way ... !!! ;)

I just can not make that skill is performed without a shield equipped !!! :headshake:

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's finally happened. I got a chance to take a look at the compatibility issues, and found that YEP_ExtraParamFormula was forcing my blk exParam to return a NaN value. I updated my plugin to v1.02 to address this incompatibility issue. While you still can't use the YEP_ExtraParamFormula plugin to modify the block chance (and why would you?), this plugin will no longer cause the block chance to not work at all.

(maybe I should tag that one guy who was having this problem? XD @Nol )
edit: I had to make a quick change to the compatibility patch part, if you're reading this now, the change was already made in the plugin, so you will already have the update. If you downloaded it between when I posted the update and this edit, redownload the plugin or it will only work if you're using the YEP_ExtraParamFormula plugin (because I derped)

Last edited:

Nol

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Yayyy, i'll have to re work on that at the first available moment, thanks !

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just updated the main post with V3 of the block chance state. I identified a potential problem, where a blocker who successfully blocked an incoming action that would add a state (like a venomous bite) would still have the state applied to him as if the ability had landed a hit.
I did this by storing the states the target had before being hit, and then reverting the target's current states back to what they were before being hit, but only if a block was successful.

One potential problem I can see with this, is that if an attack was supposed to remove a state from the target, but was blocked, that state will not be removed. So be aware that if that is something you've used, you might need to find another way to remove the state in that case.
Also, because of the way I am negating these states, a <custom apply effect> will still apply to the blocking actor, but a <custom remove effect> will not. Depending on what you were using this for, this could cause some unintended behavior, so watch out for that as well.

Edit:
I just updated the main post again with v4 for the state paste code. This will correct the above issue where states didn't play their remove effect when removed by the blocking state.
There is still an issue where a state that was applied by a skill that was blocked will still be applied to the battler for a couple of frames, and will continue to perform it's custom apply effect, as well as it's remove effect now. This will prevent issues arising from states that relied on the remove effect to restore missing values from an affected battler when the state clears.
Unfortunately, it still has the side effect that the state is applied briefly, instead of being completely resisted.
There are two examples where this could prove to be a problem:
  1. A state that sets a 'cannot move' restriction will cancel the afflicted battler's action during the turn he is hit with it. This is only an issue using the DTB
  2. If state that is being used as a custom death condition is applied to the only living actor will immediately cause a game over condition, even though the state was only on the battler for a few frames. Likewise, if this happens to an enemy, the party will immediately be victorious.
I am still looking for a way to strip the added states off an incoming action from inside a react effect, in the same way I can make the damage = 0.

Last edited:

clitvin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Is there anyway to add a "Blocked" Text like the "Missed" txt that pops up when evading?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not without another plugin, I'm afraid.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated the plugin to v1.1
  • New plugin parameter allows the user to mass-set all physical skills to be blockable or not
  • Previous note tags now support being added to enemies to allow enemies to block and slam
  • New note tags added to allow individual skills to be blockable or unblockable
  • Updated block state paste-code and slam action sequence in main post to allow for enemies slamming and blocking, and individual skills to be blockable regardless of whether they are physical or not
Download the latest version here.

Last edited:

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated the plugin to version 2.00. Updated the info in the main post, but here's the jist of it:

• Blocking happens as an action result, allowing states and action sequences to check if the result of their action was a block.
  • Blocking now by default, doesn't show any damage popup on a successful block
  • Blocking an attack that would've caused a status effect or debuff will no longer still cause that status effect or debuff, even momentarily.
  • Blocking an attack that would've removed a state on the defender if the attack had been successful will likewise, also act as if the attack hadn't been successful.
  • State paste code for block chance updated to make use of the action result changes
  • YEP_BattleEngineCore and YEP_BuffsStatesCore are now required dependencies.
  • New plugin parameter to define what the block state's Id is. This is needed for the plugin to work correctly
Download it here

Last edited:

HasdrubalBarca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey ramza I have a quick question.

Is it possible to instead of playing an animation you can play a motion for a successful block?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It sure is. Without changing the plugin, if you set the <block animation: x> tag to a battle animation that is blank, no animation will play.

The state posted in the help file already calls a guard motion during the blocking effect, so just change that to whatever (custom?) motion you want and you're good to go.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Been working on some sprites, My favorite out of all of them is this guy, his name is Moss:
anyone else 'round here gonna be doing the retro game jam that's starting in a few days on itch.io?
I also wanted to say that my bro brought back nostalgia and got me a GBA SP for my birthday! Ah, the memories of Pokémon Sapphire and LeafGreen! It came in a gray shell but he ordered a red one so it'd look like the one I had as a kid. It looks brand new!
qhE9zC8.jpg
LsluASM.jpg
It's minus 50 out today, ugh. I'm so freaking cold. =_=;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MitchMann12