Intret

Reality Chronicler
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it.
Although now it apparently has a problem with note tag 2.

Last edited:

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it.
Although now it apparently has a problem with note tag 2.
That's what I get for fixing something at 1:00am, eh?

I missed the same bracket on the regex statement on line 303 as well. Replace that line with this one to fix it, or redownload the plugin from itch again as I've already uploaded the correction.
Code:
  var note1 = /<(?:PARRY CHANCE):[ ]*([+-]?\d+)>/i;

Intret

Reality Chronicler
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, works perfectly now. And I can understand missing something at the delirious hours between midnight and five AM. No worries. :rswt

BlueVikingr

The Dragonbirb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi...
I'm having issues with the Shield Block plugin. Whenever I try to test play my game, it gives me a message saying something about being unable to read a property 'length' of undefined. This happens whether I have all my plugins turned on or just Yanfly's Core, Battle Core, Buffs and States, and the Shield Block plugin. It does not happen if I turn Shield Block off.

upload_2019-9-21_21-28-22.png
If I have all my plugins on, it sends me on a wild goose chase listing them; this image was taken with just Block Chance and its prerequisites.

I can get a plugin list if required, although I have confirmed that it's Block Chance and it's not conflicting with any other plugins (or at least, something is happening with it regardless of whether it's conflicting with something else or not, so the conflict I can work out later). My Yanfly plugins are in the order shown on the wiki with one exception that I was advised to move to improve compatibility with another plugin; this is not the source of the conflict, as I was having trouble with Block Chance before installing the out-of-order plugin. I have Block Chance directly under Battle Core as is written in the instructions.

That said, my first question would be if there are any other required plugins besides Yanfly Core, Yanfly Battle Core, and Yanfly Buffs and States Core. It's possible that I forgot or misread something somewhere.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BlueVikingr
Hey. The line referenced in the error message (length of undefined) is the part of the plugin which adds a new trait to an item. Specifically, this line is used when you've used the <LOWER BLOCK CHANCE: X> note tag on an item.
The first thing I'd test would be to remove this note tag from anything you've put it on. Technically, it's still a supported note tag, but it has been deprecated via a previous update allowing <BLOCK CHANCE: X> to have a negative value. This is the first I've seen this error, and I don't know many people who are using that tag, so we'll discount that early.

I think the issue is that you've used this tag on something that wasn't expecting it.

As for your question about plugin requirements, the ones you've listed are all that are needed for the plugin to work, although auto passive states is also useful for making sure that the block state is always on an actor by putting it on shields passively.

BlueVikingr

The Dragonbirb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That was indeed the issue. *headdesks* I are dumb. I accidentally put <Lower Block Chance: 50> into the notebox for a skill instead of making the state that skill applies be the thing that changed the block state. Which apparently crashed the whole game. Thank you for the assistance.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

halloween_test_img.png
Memory of a Halloween party.

SCRAP IT OR KEEP IT?
Studying more game mechanics and game design... If someone have some tips, I would be happy to read!
I finally caved and bought myself a Switch.
I'm having some trouble finding an established sub-genre to classify our current project. Effervesce Fallacy™ is loosely based on chaos theory . . . does anyone know what this sub-genre is called?
I figured I should start off with a game this (I think at least)would be easier to program. Demonstrating Card drawing for Black Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saerith