Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Random Actor and Enemy Names v1.1

by Feldherren

Description

Random actor and enemy names, for RPG Maker MV. A simple port of my script for RPG Maker VX Ace, which had pretty much the same functionality. This plugin allows the user to define lists of names (as either a parameter for the plugin, or in the actor/enemy notebox) from which an actor or enemy can randomly select a name on setup.

This script is free for use in commercial games, though if you do happen to release a commercial game using it, I wouldn't mind if you dropped me an e-mail so I could check it out.

Usage

Note Tags

After installing plugin, add one of the following tags to an actor or enemy that is to have a random name:

<name_list:[list parameter]>

Actor or enemy will take a random name from the named list parameter when the setup function is called. As provided, the script has three lists as parameters, imaginatively named 'list1', 'list2' and 'list3' (which, uh, contain FFT's name lists for males, females and monsters by default; you may want to change these), but additional lists can be added just by editing the plugin and adding further parameters in the same format.

Uses the separator character defined by the parameter 'Separator'; a comma by default.

<random_names:name[,othername,anothername,etcetera]>

Actor or enemy will take a random name from the provided list when the setup function is called.

Uses the separator character defined by the parameter 'Separator'; a comma by default.

Script Commands

RANDOMNAME listname variable#

Gets a random name from the specified list (of the defined lists), and sets the specified variable to contain that string.

Plugin

The most up-to-date version of the plugin should always be found here: https://github.com/Feldherren/mv-random-names

Last edited:

Master100000

Graphic Design/Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is pretty cool.

Epic EP

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is simple yet it is very powerful plugin when used in a project. It lets you deepen the immersion so much! I highly recommend it.

Nice work! :)
PS. Thanks for adding the variable command.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

JDgoldvox wrote on Mr. Detective's profile.
hey, could u help me with a problem? basically, How do I delete a character from a map after a cut scene is over? I am really new with RPG maker MV. Please help!
The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
superfluffy