Random Actor Assignment for Change Party Members script

koraiel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay I know the title can be a little confusing, but I have tried searching the net for something similar and have gotten nothing from it.

So, question is:
Is there a way to assign note tags to actors that allow for a random character to be assigned in that spot, similar to Yanfly's Animated Side-view Enemies plugin?

I know for Animated Side-view Enemies, in the enemy note tags, you can put <Sideview Battler: filename> and it will assign that sprite file instead of the standard file, and if you insert multiple tags of that type it will pick randomly. Just curious if it possible to assign note tags like that for actors as well.
Say I have three different races in the game world, and when you hire a merc, it will be randomly chosen from those three races (who are already set up sprites) associated with those filenames you use as the tag lines

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Why not just make 3 actors with the same class and randomize who to add.. Or just utilize the event command "change actor graphics" together with a random number call and conditional branches to "randomize" your sprite?

koraiel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is exactly what I am trying to do but alas, I do not know exactly how to do that. You see I have a male and a female of a knight, mage, rogue, and priest that you can hire as mercs, and three different skin tones to choose from. I wanted to do just what you were saying. Didn't even think of trying the change actor graphics with a random number call.

Would you mind going into a little more detail on how to do that, because I was trying to do a randomization, but couldn't figure out how to get it to work the way I intended.

Thank you for the prompt reply as well, Engr. Adiktuzmiko.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I finally got the ships and water to flow like I wanted to~ the canals are a success. Now to loop the animation for the kites. So many kites.
Bendyizzt wrote on staggqueen's profile.
Hello Newcomer...
I haven't make anything new yet, but I'm back addicted to writing some MZ plugins. Man, I wish I have more free time like I did 5 years ago.
Holy cow... work is demanding and I'm back in college. I'm kind of scared of my dad right now after the incident, but at least I don't live with him all the time. Anyway, working on Fandom Scouts and my FNAF character set. The FNAF sprites are actually going to be used in the game... unfortunately the enemy sprites are FNAF World traces, so no sharing those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noelyumishi