Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've just started developing my own art so that in the future I'll be able to produce my own quality art assets. None of these are particularly good and I haven't drawn by hand in years(I wasn't even great back then.) Now I wish I'd spent more time learning in my high school art classes from my wonderful teacher.

Hand-Drawn Art

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UHFEj6x.png[/IMG]
Pixel Art

Incomplete Frog(Messed up while making it.)

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JOCXzyv.png[/IMG]

Some pixel dude I created without a tutorial. Derp.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qs7X3Xq.png[/IMG]

L.W. Flouisa

NumeroHex
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is one of my current drawings. I'm relying less on manga style, with more of an emphasis on stylized realism. I'm still not quite to the point where I'm wanting to be. This one in particular is a slightly less realistic style.

Petunia And The Wooden Shoes (Avatar).png

Side Note: Not quite sure how to make this my avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got bored a few days ago and decided to make something lineless out of a new character...

Then today it turned into my first attempt at animating a lineless piece .___.

My only problem is that I have no idea how to make the background transparent without having the outline look supremely choppy.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Do you mean you need help figuring out how to get rid of the background or do you mean you can't figure out how to save an animated image without the hard pixel edge?  If it's the latter I'm not sure how to do it either.  I've heard rumors that there's a way to do an animated PNG but only rumors.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure how either, but that's such a cute little drawing and character design.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How I only noticed this thread now, I'll never know... Here's a new art style that I've been working on for a while (trying to break away from anime/manga style). Picture is still pretty rough.

CC%20-%20SKR_zpslvebo8or.png

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love it!!! It has so much personality. The sharp angels and defined shapes--- So nice~!

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sharm

@Makio-Kuta

Yyyyep, the latter. Guess I'll need to go tutorial searching later on. 

EliteZeon

Third-Rate Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ngh... finally got some inspiration and time to work on another big painting for my RPG.

Then lost track of time and couldn't finish it in one sitting. ;_;

If only I was a Thri-Kreen.

SpeedPaint%208-2-15.png

4RunesSeaEncounter2.png
If you get on a boat, there is a 99% chance you will have a boss fight on it.

I think I am going too crazy on the colors and lighting... but I'm having a lot of fun with it!

Eh...  the above WIP is based off this sketch I made 5 months back and posted on my own thread awhile back.

4RunesSeaEncounter.png

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@EliteZeon, I really love the dark vibe of both your painting and your sketches!~ I especially love the bottom left monster in your sketch :3

Here are few sketches(?) of mine that I drew a couple days ago.

Neris%20-%20Jayle_zpssftep6zb.png

Daphne%20-%20Lorien_zpsoewsnizx.png

Rufus%20-%20Flora_zpscsoqlwyh.png

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@EliteZeon

Boss fights on boats. Always happens, never fails.

I like how in the last picture, a part of the monster falls in love with the ponytailed person(and the rest of the team is like "wtf")

@Chaos

I've always been a lover of witchy-sorcerer characters, so im a fan of the second girl.

Also, I like the girl on the right in the first picture. Does she dress like that because she's a dancer or something, or is that her regular clothes?

---

I still do traditional art because its easier than using linework layer on SAI...

And I only use linework layer because I dont have a drawing tablet ;___;

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
After working on my game for a few months since purchasing VX Ace, I have decided to 'start' again, keeping all my scripts etc. Here is today's concept art for the new re-conceptualisation of my game, I think I'll prefer this classic setting to the sci-fi one I was working on.

f4aqWXJ.jpg

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So soft!  I love your style no matter what you're doing, I wouldn't have guessed that you're not used doing this type of art.

Reactions: R4B

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SOOOO times for fan art...I hate drawing fan art but...Sharm main character is the exception lol I love her concept of Webcomics and ...I take fun to draw her sketch of concept I imagine but mostly I dumpto her some sketch so...here the fanart of the main characters of the webcomics sharm showed me!

For respect sake I don't do clean draw simply because I am not sure if this alright I publish it lol but I guess my sketch are pretty unclear so this not bother haha

HuQFEwQ.png

EliteZeon

Third-Rate Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Chaos Avian

Thank you! I quite love the sass expressions of your characters!

@Mirpono

There's a reasonable explanation for that... but yea... it's supposed to freak out some of the other party members. XP

Tablets take awhile to get used to. I remember when I bought mine five years ago, my art style essentially took a dip for a year, and it still isn't as clean as my previous works when I used just a pencil or a mouse.

@R4B

Wow, nice going! It gives me a Bastion vibe, looks really nice!

@Nio

Yup, I'm on the same wagon as you. I prefer to make my own characters rather than making sketches or fanart of other characters belonging to someone else.

Well... erm... in anycase...

Here's some sketches I did for a D&D 5E campaign I am running for my kid cousins. Eh, I copied a lot of poses and used a lot of references from other source materials to try and get the sketches done quickly. The style is quite different from what I usually do because of that.

8 Year old cousin's character. He recently used his gold to buy a pet wolf, and wanted me to draw it on the back of his character sheet. Dear old great gods, this armor was annoying as heck to sketch out.

A Teifling Rogue.

5eDnDKidCampaign0001.png

My older brother's character... he's 26... unfortunately he refuses to touch dice and let alone D&D, but he said his hypothetical character would use a Bow and Arrow, with some magic, and have a pet Dragon Quest Slime.

Aasamir Elf Archery Fighter

5eDnDKidCampaign0002.png

My 9 year old cousin's character. I premade it, and decided quite literally draw the character as Korra with a Sword. Seriously, I just copied one of the first images on google for Korra and gave her a sword and Chinese styled outfit. She used her gold to buy a pony, and begged me to draw it as well.

A Human Monk

5eDnDKidCampaign0003.png

A character I premade, a Dragonborn Paladin. I decided to draw the character using Charzard's face to make the race more appealing to kids.

5eDnDKidCampaign0004.png

Character I premade, your generic High Elf Wizard. I did my best to make the character seem gender neutral to appeal to any girls or boys that would join the campaign.

5eDnDKidCampaign0005.png

A final character I premade, the Hill Dwarf Cleric. Same as above, I tried to make the character look gender neutral to try and appeal to boys and girls that would want to play the campaign.

5eDnDKidCampaign0006.png

Shiro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I dont usually draw, or paint, or do anything much anymore, but I decided to start working on digital paintings. So, here's my first one, I did it like 2 weeks ago and haven't had the motivation do another one yet lol, IDK how you people can keep it up.

RNAvwi7.png

It's a friend of mine's character from Final Fantasy 14. It must have taken me like 15 - 20 hours over 2 weeks since I had no idea what I was doing, just refining it over and over again.

Reactions: R4B

Dream3r

90% Dreamer, 100% Dedicated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
After working on my game for a few months since purchasing VX Ace, I have decided to 'start' again, keeping all my scripts etc. Here is today's concept art for the new re-conceptualisation of my game, I think I'll prefer this classic setting to the sci-fi one I was working on.
I like your style, I want to keep updated on this game.  If you have any social media or such let me know :D

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like your style, I want to keep updated on this game. If you have any social media or such let me know :D
Hey, thankyou!

Development is rather slow at the moment due to looking for illustration work again but I post updates on my Twitter ( @StoneDragonWS )

I'm just in the process of working out the basics for the new game but I'll have visual updates on there soon. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails
If you suck at playing trumpets, that is probably why.
Been sick with a stomach virus for seven days now. Not going to work tomorrow because I'm still contagious according to my doctor.
Much as I love my job, I really hate playing "office politics". It would be nice if I didn't have to pretend to be someone else all day long.
I wanna get back into showing off Battlers and other assets I create again. But i'm always haunted by the "It's not good/realistic enough" voices that keep me from doing so.

Maybe I should get back to it, I did enjoy showing off whatever I came up with!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dolton