NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What's this? NeoFantasy actually draws some decent art?

I created her for a short story of mine and decided to draw her.

@Dexter64: That looks friggin amazing btw  :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Firgof

Artist / Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nio: Mmh.  Those eyes are fantastic.  I wish I could so confidently draw lines. That hair is also exquisite - mine always comes out looking either flat or repetitive.

Another piece of art for my entry in /rpgmg/'s collab-game down.  Needed a boss-character's battler - the images posted below are at their native resolution.  I have to downscale them about 60-65% to get them to take up the right amount of screen space in game.  In the game she's a dark magic artificer - but in this particular instance we're seeing her through the lense of a dream-altering artifact, which allows her to grossly exaggerate her normally not-particularly-strong dark powers.

If you'd like to see a timelapse of it being painted:  

Otherwise:

Her normal appearance:

Her 'faux-divine' form:

KanaX

Just being a mouse
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
The hype train broke its brakes and I tried to make something-something.
http://i.imgur.com/LGT5rp0.gifv

Inspiration:

Excuse the moonwalk. It  was the only way to keep her from moving out the frame in 1 second.

Dream3r

90% Dreamer, 100% Dedicated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OMG FINALLY I CAN DRAW DIGITALLY...and AGAIN my art style changed! ...it's become more "wild" lol

That's really good. I can't wait to see more :D

Do we have a fan of final fantasy tactics here? XD

By the time I heard of the game it was pretty dated so I never got the chance to check it out.  But the artwork looks great.

By the way you should link your siggy to your facebook so people can click and visit.  You're making me manually type it in and I'm lazy :p But really people are more likely to check it out if all they have to do is click rather than type.

Firgof

Artist / Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm just behind you in skill, where you were a year ago.  Guess I've got a long climb to go yet.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
hahah lol firgof your style is far different than mine lol I can't paint like you do sorry was to much lazy to answer your art -w-"

Dream3r

90% Dreamer, 100% Dedicated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
here lol It's progress more you also see a  1 years old draw of my character lol  so ....NOPE I DIDN'T IMPROVED AT ALL!

You've improved.  There's more detail with the shadowing and texture.  Her hair looks more like hair, her eyes have more depth to them, and her face has more believable shading...also good angle and mood choice.  I think you did a good job overall.  If I were doing a visual novel right now that would be close to the style I'd want.  So not bad :D

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hearthbreak you don't need to be ashamed, it looks really good, of course there is always space for improvement, but we all started small. So just keep practicing. :)

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
it's not bad lol just like 2 or 3 years more of practice and you will get as good than use just be ....DETERMINED! #getSueForUndertaleCopyright

Firgof

Artist / Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm thoroughly enjoying this new piece of software my girlfriend pointed out to me called Design Doll.  

I always have trouble locating good reference material and, even when I do find it, it often either took me a long while, or it's not the right style or exactly what I wanted.

This is a program like DAZ3D and Poser - except that it's focused more on anime/manga style characters.  Inventively, it even allows you to (as if they were dolls) paint onto their surfaces so you can precisely keep track of where noses, eyes, and mouths are supposed to go.  It's really cool stuff and even though I'm only 24 hours into using it I feel like I'm already starting to figure out how the IK chains want to move.   There's a little hiccuping here and there since you only get to move the main control points of the chain (e.g. I'll often have to extend an arm fully and rotate it sometimes if it gets in a position where it wants to 'go backwards') but I still can make my poses faster than I was able to find them before.

Anywho, enough exposition, onto some prototype results.  Each of these only took me about 40 minutes to paint - including the time to set up the poses.

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Heartbreak

No reason to be disappointed :)   And I remember 'I love coffee' from LINE. Used to play that all the time (if im remembering the right game).

@Firgof

Ohoho hey, that program sounds awesome. I might get it myself. Cause i cant draw cool poses :rswt:

..and here i am. Remaking my characters in boring poses ;-v-

I messed up his eyes on the big picture, but everything else looks fine by my standards.

Also I just ordered a tablet. Next year people, next year is a changing moment in my art career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.
He just discovered cellphones...

(I don't know why am I drawing so much these days...)
In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kamioshi