KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Same though. Those bodies. I'd have my friends looking at my art and be like, "Dude, what the heck is with those breasts?" Or, "Um, why is this man's chest so big compared to his stomach?" Whatever. That is my style. It's changed drastically, so that's why I'm going to play around in Photoshop and SAI and see if I can fix it. If not, I redraw it.   

That's your style, it is. Your style is your style and my style is my style. Just like different handwritings.

I use Procreate on iPad to draw. But it's kinda hassle to transfer from iPad to PC but I used to it.

What is SAI?

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
SAI is a paint program. It's a bit of a better choice than Photoshop for line art, because it has a line stabilizer and a better blur tool. Let me show you something I did in SAI. 

You see how the highlights and shadows look a bit smoother and more subtle? I do still use Photoshop sometimes if there's a certain style I'm going for. Like for example, there's I style I use to save me time, which is using the brush tool at 30 percent opacity, then colouring over it to do the shadows. I can only do that in Photoshop because SAI does not have an option to change the opacity of the brush that I know of. But, yeah, SAI is how I do most of my characters now. 

Last edited by a moderator:

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SAI is a paint program. It's a bit of a better choice than Photoshop for line art, because it has a line stabilizer and a better blur tool. Let me show you something I did in SAI. 

You see how the highlights and shadows look a bit smoother and more subtle? I do still use Photoshop sometimes if there's a certain style I'm going for. Like for example, there's I style I use to save me time, which is using the brush tool at 30 percent opacity, then colouring over it to do the shadows. I can only do that in Photoshop because SAI does not have an option to change the opacity of the brush that I know of. But, yeah, SAI is how I do most of my characters now. 

I can see the shade of the colour. I've never use Photoshop and SAI.

Here's mine the result using Procreate on iPad but it's a screenshot for my game.

Untitled6.png

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
page5.JPG

so I did this a few minutes ago... it's a memory so no solid backgrounds really. I am still worried about how I will cast those two buffalotars in cloud form tbh.

SteveChopz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone,
Just joined the Forum and also pretty much just recently began working on games with RPG Maker.

Been working on a project for a while now though (planning, drawin ect.) and thought I share some of the artwork for it here.

These are some of the character designs for the game.

Group.png

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@SteveChopz I can see some very strong personalities in those characters  :)

@KayZaman Don't tell Yanfly what?  ;)  (Lips are sealed) 

Super121830

Play-fighter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@SteveChopz That looks like an adventurous team, until the demon gets them.
It does, right?

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
a random page from my comic book, only 4 pages left to draw even before I spend the next week coloring it in :)  then it's to my half-brothers house to scan it onto my flash drive and make a pdf ready for publication on amazon wooohoo COMICS! need to work on drawing my logo... I want to do business as Leon Sandcastle (because Leon is Jimi's brother and Castles made of sand is my favorite hendrix song and if you knew my brother you would get the references) under BComics, something I started years ago through a website called A;Dor, which was a task set to me by some mean korean in california :(  Or I could just use a comic book publisher, but I don't have the funds for prints and what not, would be cheaper in the end to sell through amazon I would think.

SANY0011.JPG

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Tried to improve my artstyle. I've tried to mix my own with the ones of two of my favorite artists.
I think it came out pretty decent^^

tumblr_ocj6qzW4E71twxk0lo1_540.png

I'm probably gonna do the same with a guy.

What do you guys say?

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@BlackRoseMii She looks really good, I especially like the second version with the softer colors.

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have just started experimenting with animated pixel art (I need to brush up before I start making assets for my game!)  :guffaw:

3oz8xYrRhhImhIYKxa.gif

3o6ZsT1JUkch6EF3SE.gif

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's pretty good. A bit of advice though would be to speed up the first one. Looks too choppy in my opinion.  

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not bad, not bad! Oh, my updated shopkeeper. 

I think it looks a bit better, well, I hope so at least. 

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
it was an observation... buggy eyes

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
tumblr_ocq8tqZCoF1ubviy4o1_1280.png

New title screen for the last "Crimson" title, finally getting close to doing the art stuff, always leaving that for last. It doesn't live up to my standards but I'd still rather do it myself :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who's a fan of firearms? The 5 on the bottom row (not including the green laser ones) I made pretty recently. I plan for most of these to be in my project.

Screenshot 2021-09-28 165924.png
Doing RPG Maker News for 28th September 2021

RMMV - Skip script errors:

For game developer testing purposes.
You know, I really get to farm likes since I post all of @Avery and @hiddenone 's blog tutorials on the forums...
Back from a very long hiatus with a new project woo
This is my battler placeholder image trying out art styles too I want to fake a backview battle system
I think I will want portraits and battle sprites to be 2D and stick to pixel art for overworld not 100%sure but pretty sure its easier to make pixel art for overworld sprites, events and maps and stuff.
Placeholder.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythphnx