Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi everyone!

So what do you think about it? It's cool to have random battles in the world map? It hinders the exploring?

Arithmetician

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's realistic, given the distances traveled. It would be odd not to encounter any monsters while traveling between towns and dungeons.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Depends. If you have a bunch of towns close together, then why are monsters still attacking? Why haven't the guards cleared them out? But if you are going a really long distance, then some battles are probably fine. Just don't go overboard or you will get your players wondering what the guards are really doing. After all, if you get attacked 5x by dragons in a short walk from town A to town B, then why do the guards even exist if they aren't doing their job (and for that matter, why is anyone still alive in the world if dragons attack that often and are that aggressive?)

Dragcon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Personally I've always liked random encounters.

When in game, it gives you since the world is more alive and it can be dangerous to walk from place to place.

in regrades to game play, it can provide a since of excitement, since of uncertainty.

They can also be used to prevent lower level characters from adventuring into zones with out actually making some sort of invisible wall or task to complete to get there. giving it a more open world feel but keeping the player on the right path through the game.

roiaa

Freelance artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
same one! ^ jakegamer217

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Does anyone find this hard to read?

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?
If you enjoy speed mapping for RPG Maker MV check out my YouTube Channel. My latest video includes custom made tiles which makes a simple map look dynamic!

Check out my short game Hikari's World! : Chapter I, on itch.io/games.
An actual dwarf with an actual axe is not so fascinating as the fantasy counterpart...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkyfat